SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 3:52 am by canary-dave

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Yesterday at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 6:18 pm by Silvers

» Tina anybody?
Yesterday at 2:16 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Yesterday at 1:49 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Yesterday at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Yesterday at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Off Facebook, is he right?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Off Facebook, is he right?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 8:35 pm

RIGHT !!!!!!
Got my hard hat on and i am gonna say it straight... so hate it or mock (but NO swearing or abuse)
David Moyes picked up a broken poisened chalice and was prepared to attempt to do the impossible.
This mess started before PDC and he was the nearest we ever got to sorting it out but Short Byrne and Co bottled it and stood by Bardsley and Co and sacked and humiliated one of the best most passionate managers in recent in recent years.
He told us all that our club was rotten to the core and attempted to put it right. NOTHING (REPEAT) NOTHING he said about the club or players has EVER been proved wrong and we (the fans) are now reaping what they sowed.
A string of inadequate desperate managers have come and gone and other than past it old players getting ridiculous contracts to stay nothing has changed. Every year we find ourselves here !!!
The manager gets the blame and them lot carry on another year taking the PEE.... 
NO MANAGER can do anything here until these players and their contracts run their course because no club in their right mind would take them even on a freebie.
Short has NO knowledge or interest in our club this we all know and his departure is vital to us surviving as a club.
DM IMO is an honest man and what he said at the start of the season was the truth, surely as a member of the team you would want to prove him wrong. But not our bunch of self centered heartless gits.Sam left him very little time and should of resigned the minute England knocked on his door but no he kept his options open and gave no thought to Sunderland FOOTBALL CLUB OR THE FANS.
Short has given very little in transfer funds and injuries just depleated an already weak squad....
We all have our opinions on players and our favourites so i am not going to start and slate individuals but we all know the ones who have been around for years not contributing anything but to create managerial vacancies. I DO believe Moyes has to stay (atleast another season) and a massive clean up around the club must be carried out.I am a great believer in common denominators so take a look and you will see the players remain but how many managers have come and gone.... 
SERIOUSLY ARE THEY (the managers) TO BLAME ?
DM has made mistakes and has faults but before we shout for him to join the ones before him atleast offer the name of a sensible replacement.....
FOR ME GET SHORT TO SELL UP AND EVERYTHING CHANGES.Until 5pm tonight i still believed we would stay up but now i think it is a pipe dream..One thing i do know 100% i will be Sunderland next season and the season after that where ever they are playing..... S.T.I.D.
Nev

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Off Facebook, is he right?

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-01, 11:08 pm

Ah, you've finally realised. I've been shunned for saying this for 3 year. Our luck has run out and it's fair to say that it's been coming and well deserved. The American tw*t has alot to answer for.....the buck stops where?
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-04-02, 12:36 am

I blame Keano.

If he hadn't taken us up 10 years ago......

Shocked

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-04-02, 6:30 am

Phew we all have parts of the post in our minds in some variation or other , as fans we all see aspects of our club in every possible way . Yesterdays game for me epitomised everything that is bad to be Red and White . A gutless team , a headless manager , no tactics , no passion , no leadership , no desire , I could go on and on and on . This day has been knocking on our door for years , well lads/lasses it has finally blown the feckin door down . I am drained , gutted , tired of trying to find ANYTHING positive about this mess of a club . 
This season will be our last in the EPL for potentially a long time .  To remove the bitterness of how we finally succumbed to this after years of misery struggling at the wrong end of the league I will take the good memories  of 2016/2017 with me .

1. Jermain Defoe , surely I do not have to explain why , what a fabulous gentleman . 
2. Our Bradley , even writing his name brings up  my emotion . 
3. Bradley / Defoes unique relationship , the club and especially Short/Moyes should be ashamed that they don't have this kind of poitiveness .
4. Everton and their owners , I thank you with humility for your generosity, kindness and caring .
5. Costa the hard man no one likes , playing footy with OUR Bradley .
6. YOU the fans , 45000 home and 3000+ away bloody amazing . 
7. A Sunderland striker showing his passion for the game and scoring for his nation .

So with a heavy heart I know our premier journey has finally come to an end , a new dawn awaits , I , at this time am not optimistic , too much poison is still at OUR club and with the present owner , management team , players I see no miracle surgery to alter the direction we have been heading for years .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-02, 9:17 am

Everything in the OP rings true for me and, although my faith had been sorely tested I still clung to the faded dream that we would survive yet again. After the Southampton game though my mind was made up that we were down and, I voted with my feet and have not been back since and, while Short is there will not be going back. 
The club as a whole has been swan diving into the abyss for the last 3 years whether it was just bad managers or bad players or more than likely a mix of both we have been on borrowed time. 
The excuses are just as pathetic as the team/squad take your pick. Firstly we have injuries well, for me at least if you buy aging, injury prone players you will have a lot of injuries it is that simple. Every team has to deal with injuries, Hull only had half a team at the start of the season yet are still above us.  Secondly Short not backing "his man" his own words no less resulting in the usual batch of rubbish brought in to try and shore up the squad. 
Moyes for me should be given the chance to bring us back up and, as said it won't be straight back up it will take a couple of seasons. However I have become completely disallusioned with the bloke, from his analysis of games to his what seems petty team selections. Yesterday's was the icing on the cake "we should have got a point" a point from a team on the ropes and on a terrible run, surely we should have got all 3. Everyone seems to be pinning hopes on Anichebe who scored a few goals in a few games so is world class, he isn't people he is an aging, injury prone player just like the rest of the squad. 
Summer out goings WILL be Pickford, Defoe and probably Kone, after that I'm struggling to see any other assets that we can sell. 
Short has to go he has taken a lot of money out of this club and those thinking he has written off a debt of £150mil plus are deluded, he hasn't got where he is today with his billionaire lifestyle by writing off £1 never mind £150mil. 
The club will sell but, the new owners will need a vast amount of money to set it right in the Championship. Unfortunately  that could mean dropping even further down the leagues to try and do it on the cheap.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-04-02, 10:19 am

silvers wrote:I blame Keano.

If he hadn't taken us up 10 years ago......

Shocked

Very Happy
Lol....class comment.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-04-02, 10:21 am

I very deflated.
I thought maybe a win against Watford would be the kick we needed 
But sadly no 
That's it we will now go down.i can't see us coming straight back and worry for our future.
I just don't know what to say.
Yesterday was a bad bad day for Sunderland
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-04-02, 10:23 am

I may be well off track here but I will give my take on things. The OP alluded to it and so

This is a big IF and a bloody big gamble but what if Martin Bain has decided to get rid of all the crap in our club once and for all. Maybe ha has rooted out what PDC stated a long time ago now and has decided the way to do it is go down, get rid of the prima donna's and get Moyes to build a team of younsters who after a season or two in the chumpionship will come bouncing back up. This will also require ES bailing out, new owners coming in and quite a bit investment ploughed in.
I have however seen in Watmore, improving before he got injured, McNair (a future SAFC captain methinks) starting to take control of midfield, Love gonna get better, Bodgy will get there once he learns to calm down, Gooch already pretty decent, Asoro hopefully will step up to the plate, Greenwood will get games and improve a few decent younsters who also have a bit of pace about them.

Now obviously we will require some experienced heads in there and I have no idea who these players may be but I am trying, very very hard, to take some positives from an absolutely naff season.

As has been stated tho we will still be there long after this shower of sh*te have bailed out of our club.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-04-02, 10:28 am

gil t azell wrote:I may be well off track here but I will give my take on things. The OP alluded to it and so

This is a big IF and a bloody big gamble but what if Martin Bain has decided to get rid of all the crap in our club once and for all. Maybe ha has rooted out what PDC stated a long time ago now and has decided the way to do it is go down, get rid of the prima donna's and get Moyes to build a team of younsters who after a season or two in the chumpionship will come bouncing back up. This will also require ES bailing out, new owners coming in and quite a bit investment ploughed in.
I have however seen in Watmore, improving before he got injured, McNair (a future SAFC captain methinks) starting to take control of midfield, Love gonna get better, Bodgy will get there once he learns to calm down, Gooch already pretty decent, Asoro hopefully will step up to the plate, Greenwood will get games and improve a few decent younsters who also have a bit of pace about them.

Now obviously we will require some experienced heads in there and I have no idea who these players may be but I am trying, very very hard, to take some positives from an absolutely naff season.

As has been stated tho we will still be there long after this shower of sh*te have bailed out of our club.
Sounds good 
But we shall see
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-04-02, 2:49 pm

A certain ex captain of Sunderland has raised a relevant point several times.

Gary argues along the lines that we have been in the Premiership 10 years and all we have to show for it in terms of our playing squad is a very good young keeper and an aging top class striker.

Who is at fault....definatetly Short and then all the managers but least of all Moyes who has been lied to about finances and bedevilled by injuries.

I am like others not terribly sanguine about bouncing back.up next year....i would also give Moyes the job if still wants it
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-04-02, 4:14 pm

sunderpitt wrote:A certain ex captain of Sunderland has raised a relevant point several times.

Gary argues along the lines that we have been in the Premiership 10 years and all we have to show for it in terms of our playing squad is a very good young keeper and an aging top class striker.

Who is at fault....definatetly Short and then all the managers but least of all Moyes who has been lied to about finances and bedevilled by injuries.

I am like others not terribly sanguine about bouncing back.up next year....i would also give Moyes the job if still wants it
Got a feeling Moyes has done all he can and, is just waiting to be sacked so he can pick up his bonus for failure,like our last 6/7 managers.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-04-03, 9:00 am

I so want to add but I can't  Crying or Very sad

Things will be just fine once the relegation is confirmed & the cancer is removed.

Ps. I believe Short's going nowhere!

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-04-03, 9:35 am

It's a long time since Moyes managed in the championship.

Preston I think ???

He did ok there. without money to spend..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum