In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

John O'Shea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

John O'Shea

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-03-26, 8:58 am

The following is on BBC Sports News I hope he will be okay for next weekend. We don't need any more injury problems.

"The Republic of Ireland's John O'Shea says he was lucky to avoid a serious injury after a Gareth Bale challenge in the World Cup qualifier against Wales.

Republic captain Seamus Coleman suffered a terrible double leg fracture in Friday's game and O'Shea is relieved he didn't also sustain a bad injury.

O'Shea, 35, played on but later had several stitches put into a shin wound.

"I was lucky considering happened to Seamus. On another night there could have been two red cards," said O'Shea.

Asked if the Real Madrid star's challenge had been late, O'Shea, who will now miss Tuesday's friendly against Iceland, said: "Maybe, but thankfully I'm walking away from it, which is no problem.

"I can't remember how many stitches it was. The doctor had to stick some in deep and a few dissolvable ones on top. Hopefully it will heal quickly."

The Sunderland defender was caught high and late by Bale, who received a yellow card for the sliding challenge in the goalless draw at the Aviva Stadium.

Wales boss Coleman defends Bale

Wales boss Chris Coleman later launched a passionate defence of both Bale and Neil Taylor, who was sent off for his foul on Seamus Coleman, and O'Shea said he had "no problem" with physical challenges.

He said: "When you're playing England, Scotland or Wales, the games are going to be like that. They are the games you want to be involved in.

"As the opposition manager, you're going to protect your own players. In a derby game, you're going to expect some tasty tackles - but, as I said, within reason.

"There's no problem getting a hard tackle - but if it's late, it's a different story."
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: John O'Shea

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-03-26, 9:56 am

Don't think a few stitches will rule him out of our next game tbh...proper old school footballer O'Shea
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum