SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Yesterday at 8:43 am by sunderpitt

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

» The Ashes Down Under
2017-12-09, 7:43 pm by Billy D

» Predicitons Week 16
2017-12-09, 6:51 am by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

cretanmakem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

WATFORD V SUNDERLAND..Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WATFORD V SUNDERLAND..Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-25, 2:28 pm

WATFORD V SUNDERLAND
Saturday April 1st
KO 15.00

Is this a must win or must not lose?
Do we go 3-5-2 / 4-3-3/4-4-2?
Do we risk big Victor?
Do we risk Cattermole?
If yes to either or both who drops out?
Give me your team.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 4:36 pm; edited 4 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: WATFORD V SUNDERLAND..Match Day Thread

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-03-25, 2:37 pm

For me it's a must win , even tho I reckon it will make no difference to the end of season relegation . 

Pickford
                                                                               OShea Kone Denayer
                                                                    Jones                                       Oviedo
                                                                                     Cattermole 
                                                                               N'Dong           Borini
                                                                     Defoe
                                                                             Anichibe

All or nowt , could be 1,3,1,4,1,1 
Either a very busy day for Pickford or a lot of back bending fetching the ball out of the Hornets nest so to speak . 
Moyes and the boys to win 5-2 .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-25, 10:23 pm

Will busy April schedule aid Sunderland’s relegation battle once again? Anichebe's return will be crucial PHIL SMITH 12:00Saturday 25 March 2017 

It will be a weekend of quietly keeping an eye on events around Europe for Sunderland fans. With the squad already suffering from an injury pile-up, any more could potentially be terminal. Particularly if the players in question are Sunderland’s key men at both ends of the field. The Black Cats have six games in April, a fixture pile-up that in previous seasons have worked to their benefit. It has become a well-worn joke, Sunderland’s season starting in April. There has been a sense of inevitability about the upsurge in form, rearranged games allowing a squad experienced in this situation to build momentum and haul in those wobbling above them. Seb Larsson said earlier this year that teams above would be nervous about Sunderland, and he was absolutely right. This late season invincibility has fast been gaining mythical status. So why does this year feel as if it may be different? In previous years, the teams hovering above Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich last year, have been wobbling. This year, the wind is very much in the sails of Swansea, Crystal Palace and Leicester City. It is probably the case, too, that this current squad is less equipped for a hectic schedule. The current midfield has have seemed lethargic even after a two week break this year. Up front, poor form has given the attacking line a worn look. Lamine Kone’s injury could not have come at a worse time, heaping pressure on John O’Shea again. Kone’s return for a pivotal week, for all his indifferent form this season, is vital. Sunderland are left in the difficult position of desperately needing Lee Cattermole and Victor Anichebe to come back to lift the mood, but knowing the dangers of putting too much pressure and hope on their shoulders. At the very least, their return should at least mean David Moyes has genuine options on his bench. That has been a chronic issue all season and in those tight, late season games where neither side goes for broke in the early stages. It will be crucial if managed correctly. The fixture list offers hope, too. Sunderland face so many teams around them that will hopefully make for the edgy games that are stomach churning to watch but can be settled by an instinctive finisher like Jermain Defoe. Connor Wickham’s superb run in 2014 shows the benefits of a run of games in a short time if you can get your striker on form and confident. Will spring be sprung on Wearside again? The key, perhaps, is in making sure that by the time Sunderland face Middlesbrough and Bournemouth at the end of April, they remain in relative proximity to Swansea. It is a stretch but beat Swansea and win their game in hand against Boro, and Clement’s side will be within just a point. The only truly high stakes game Sunderland have faced against a direct rival this calendar year was the Crystal Palace game, which they managed far more impressively than their opponents, who froze under the pressure. Moyes needs to find a way to get confidence and momentum in his attackers to replicate that. So much, perhaps too much, depends on how and when Victor Anichebe returns.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-03-25, 11:02 pm

We have 10 games left

.. and we have won once in the last 8 games....

I'm expecting we'll thump them nil - nil

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-03-26, 9:26 pm

Keep Anichebe fit for the last games we may just do it. I fear our relegation rivals will deffo attempt to nobble him. 

In all honesty we might as well give Asoro and maja a few run outs now. Fabio n Januzai havent done it for nearly a season so why not change it.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-28, 6:58 pm

We are favorites for the drop and must win more games than we lose in April so, let's go 4-3-3 and attack, attack,attack.

PICKFORD
JONES  KONE  OSHEA OVIEDO
NDONG  CATTERMOLE  DENAYER
JANUZAJ   DEFOE  ANICHEBE

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-03-28, 7:11 pm

We have to win...and not miss sitters
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-03-28, 8:14 pm

sunderpitt wrote:We have to win...and not miss sitters
Have to win and, we can miss sitters as long as we are about 3/4 up in the 89th minute.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-30, 10:05 am

Very, very simple.
This is the first of 6 games in April, we simply must win.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-03-30, 5:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We are favorites for the drop and must win more games than we lose in April so, let's go 4-3-3 and attack, attack,attack.

PICKFORD
JONES  KONE  OSHEA OVIEDO
NDONG  CATTERMOLE  DENAYER
JANUZAJ   DEFOE  ANICHEBE
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-30, 6:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lee Cattermole says he is ready to return to the first team squad against Watford on Saturday.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-31, 6:10 pm

Moyes confirms that Anchebe a few weeks away from playing

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 8:26 am

Coxhoe bus left the village at 7.15 this morning, part of a sell out away end again.

Come on boys, it's now or never time, 3 points please to keep the hope alive.

ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 8:37 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 11:05 am

Sunderland boss David Moyes has told his players there can be no ‘half measures’ between now and the end of the season.

The Black Cats face a huge week of Premier League football with a trip to Vicarage Road preceding games against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium and Manchester United at the Stadium of Light.
Seven points currently separate the Lads from safety but, with wins over the Hornets and the Foxes earlier in the season, they’ve proved they’re more than capable of overcoming their upcoming foes.
And speaking to safc.com, Moyes urged his players to stand up and be counted.
“The games are running out for us and we have to win them now,” said the Scot.
“There can be no half measures and we have to stand up and be counted.”
He continued: “We have to show we can do it [what we did at Crystal Palace] again.
“Watford have looked like a steady Premier League team and they’re a powerful side.
“They’ve given themselves a great chance of staying in the Premier League and I think they have some good players in their team, so it’ll be a tough game for us.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 1:21 pm

MAZZARRI: "I heard what the Sunderland manager has said about coming to get the three points. But we will be trying to win playing the way I like. We will give everything, I can guarantee that. The result can depend on some episodes but we will give everything. Sunderland are a strong team."

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 1:31 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 1:53 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 2:02 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 2:10 pm

Referee: Lee Probert
at: Vicarage Road

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-04-01, 2:33 pm

Please, please, please...3 points today...

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-04-01, 2:38 pm

Ndong on the bench ya having a laugh
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 3:04 pm

goal chelsea 1

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 3:09 pm

goal  palace

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-04-01, 3:10 pm

goal  palace

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: