Yesterday at 6:05 pm by Vincemac

» Possible new striker
Yesterday at 5:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 51
Yesterday at 5:26 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 52
Yesterday at 5:04 pm by MrRAWhite

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Hopefully something will happen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hopefully something will happen

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-03-22, 6:53 pm

Uefa president wants transfer reforms to end big club domination

• 37 minutes ago

• [size=13]From the sectionEuropean Football[/size]

[size=16][size=16]Sharethis page
[/size][/size]

The head of European football wants to change the transfer system to stop big clubs "hoarding" the best players.
Aleksander Ceferin, president of European football's governing body Uefa, says a "luxury tax" on rich clubs and squad limits could also help to stop elite clubs dominating the game.
He said the "excessive concentration of talent with a few teams" had to change.
"Uefa has a duty to protect the whole of football and not just the elite," Ceferin told a conference in Lisbon.
The Slovenian lawyer, who was elected to the role last September, told a conference in Lisbon that Uefa needed to address a "decrease in competitive balance" within European club football.
"We need to assess whether the transfer market is the best we can do," he said.
"We cannot be afraid to touch it. We do have to examine new mechanisms like luxury taxes and in particular sporting criteria like squad limitations and fair transfer rules, to avoid player hoarding."
He did not give any further details on what he meant by luxury taxes or fair transfer rules, but added that Uefa could work with global governing body Fifa to make changes to the transfer market - or do so via its own licensing regulations.
Some of Europe's smaller leagues have complained about big teams signing up their best players at a young age, only to immediately send them on loan elsewhere.
In the Premier League, Chelsea had more than 30 players out on loan earlier this season, while in Italy champions Juventus have more than 50 players loaned out.
Ceferin also said Uefa would set up a new division entitled "Protection of the Game" to tackle doping, corruption, violence and match-fixing.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hopefully something will happen

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-03-23, 12:23 pm

we can dream I suppose, it would take something drastic to level the playing field imo.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-23, 1:20 pm

Yes somethng needs to change or, as we have seen in the Premier League, the most prized players get concentrated in a smaller and smaller group of 'elite' teams and the rest of us are just left trawling for loanees, journeymen and crocks, hence we cannot compete and fall further and further behind.

Interesting that in the 'land of the free' capitalist USA, where it is anathema for the state to interfere in 'business', their sports teams are all kept on a strict leash.  No promotion and relegation, and teams that finish bottom of the professional leagues get first pick of the best college players (their equivalent of our youth leagues, but much, much better funded and organised).

This is accepted as normal for them because they recognise that true competition is what makes their 'competitions' viable. Players and supporters have to feel their club has a chance at the big prizes, or they lose interest. We can see it in the apathy many of our own supporters feel after years of struggle.

I have always said the Premier league and Sky would be the downfall of football if they were not kept under control, and I think if these changes aren't made then I will be proved right.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-03-23, 1:24 pm

Although this will almost certainly effect my club I fully agree with it.  I said similar a couple of weeks ago on the Pickford thread.

It used to irritate me when Chelsea started doing it with gusto, although they weren't the only culprits.  Now City are doing it I think it's embarrassing.

Not sure how they could enforce it though.  I seem to remember though was something like a 50 mile recruitment rule.  Not sure if it still exists.
Sid MCFC
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-03-23, 8:01 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Although this will almost certainly effect my club I fully agree with it.  I said similar a couple of weeks ago on the Pickford thread.

It used to irritate me when Chelsea started doing it with gusto, although they weren't the only culprits.  Now City are doing it I think it's embarrassing.

Not sure how they could enforce it though.  I seem to remember though was something like a 50 mile recruitment rule.  Not sure if it still exists.
Slightly OT but....

Happens all over Europe, just in different ways. 
I personally know of a lad who signed a "Latin" contract at 12, illegal as it is for a "feeder club" to a BIG one there. The terms were openly explained over a dinner which if investigated would just look like a wonderful piece of financial charity. The lads there living the dream but still underage to have one  silent

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum