SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 3:48 am by cretanmakem

» Results of week 9 and fixtures for week10
Yesterday at 11:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Martin Bain on Simon Grayson
Yesterday at 7:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Morrisons Jarrow
Yesterday at 7:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Manager Sacked
Yesterday at 7:35 pm by Nostalgic

» The way forward
Yesterday at 12:15 pm by vinkel

» I had a dream
Yesterday at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
2017-10-22, 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
2017-10-22, 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
2017-10-22, 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

What was Peter Reid doing at the Stadium of Light & what time tomorrow is Sack-o-Clock?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What was Peter Reid doing at the Stadium of Light & what time tomorrow is Sack-o-Clock?

Post  Silvers on 2017-03-19, 12:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sunderland now need six wins from the final ten games of the season - at least - to avoid relegation. Ellis Short was amongst the crowd at the Stadium of Light today to witness this latest debacle on his watch unfolding, but so too, intriguingly, was a legendary former boss. Is David Moyes now a dead man walking?

Sunderland matched Burnley this afternoon. Some achievement huh? It could have been so different had Billy Jones not missed the most ridiculous sitter probably ever seen at the stadium. Or if Fabio Borini had hit his shot a bit harder. Or, of course, if Burnley's Ashley Barnes hadn't missed a golden chance in the first half or if Sam Vokes had managed to beat Jordan Pickford in the dying minutes. 

Perhaps those facts alone will have saved David Moyes from the American grim reaper sat in the stands above him. Ellis Short made his first appearance for months at the Stadium of Light to set tongues wagging that the owner may have jetted in to dispatch his latest hapless manager. 

After all, March has traditionally been the month in which Short grips the controls of his beleaguered club and closes his eyes, pulls the trigger, gets shot of the latest incumbent to be making a right old mess and hopes for another fabled Sunderland new-manager-bounce. 

Moyes won't save Sunderland. He might talk about 'rebuilding' but most supporters now can't bear the thought of a season in the Championship with him at the helm. England's second-tier can be grim enough without the harbinger of doom stalking the touchline at what will be a half-full Stadium of Light for many fixtures.  

Season tickets need to be renewed by the 7th of April. It is just possible that the take-up hasn't been great so far. The reasons for supporter apathy, despite glossy heart-string pulling adverts, are obvious but that factor alone may have set Short's purse a flutter and convinced him to show his face and find out just how dismal his debt-ridden investment is faring. 

It is usually a Sunday or a Monday when the man boots his manager. Martin O'Neill was sacked on on a March Sunday, Gus Poyet on a March Monday. Paulo Di Canio went on a Monday too. Steve Bruce, always a bit different, was despatched on a Wednesday however. 

So it might be tomorrow, it might be the day after. It's going to happen isn't it? It's inevitable isn't it? Probably not, but it should be. The man needs putting out of his misery and that cloud chasing from the Stadium of Light. 

Hold on though, what was Reidy doing there today?

Could Peter Reid be the man to lift the gloom? Is it too far fetched to think he could be set for a return? The former Sunderland manager - the man responsible for the best years of the last quarter century on Wearside - was spotted in the crowd during the match. 

Unusual. Reid hasn't been a regular visitor to the Stadium of Light. And he was seen in deep conversation with his former club captain, some-time caretaker boss and all-round 'Mr Sunderland', Kevin Ball. 

It couldn't be, could it? Could Reid be given ten games to save Sunderland skins? Reunions on the cards? Reid and Ball? Reid and Bracewell? Stranger things have happened. Haway Peter Reid, cheer us up. You can't do any worse than the current man. 
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Peter Reid doing at the Stadium of Light & what time tomorrow is Sack-o-Clock?

Post  Silvers on 2017-03-19, 12:27 am

The fact that Short was present  IS significant.

It is either unwavering support of the fall guy (the manager) or bye bye blues..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: What was Peter Reid doing at the Stadium of Light & what time tomorrow is Sack-o-Clock?

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-03-19, 2:50 am

I now know why I received a text & my grammatically correct comment this morning. 
The plot thickens  Suspect

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-03-19, 7:54 am

Sack the manager and appoint Reid and Ball/Bracewell???? to "save" the team.....you're having a laugh Laughing
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-19, 10:06 am

oldblackcat wrote:Sack the manager and appoint Reid and Ball/Bracewell???? to "save" the team.....you're having a laugh Laughing
That is the rumour on RTG. That fount of all SAFC knowledge Laughing

But would anyone be surprised? I wouldn't Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-03-19, 10:11 am

Agreed. and the article is full of opinion and not fact about what supporters want and how full the stadium will be. Annoying piffle that's what I say.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-19, 11:02 am

Any talk of sacking the manager is, IMO, fruitless.

We have a owner who wants out, yesterday was his SECOND game of the season in attendance.

Until he sorts out a sale and manager is stuffed and so are we fans. Moyes, again just my opinion is working wonders with the hand he has been dealt and maybe he is starting the rumors with fingers crossed.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-03-19, 1:13 pm

Whilst Moyes is a miserable dour so and so.

The lack of numbers and quality in the squad.is our problem....injuries and lack of funds the reason.

We missed several chances yesterday Jones and Borini being the main culprits, not sure how sacking the manager solves the problem we have.

Imho John O Shea (he is about 80 years old) was MoM, in a game we had to win....that says it all
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-19, 1:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-03-19, 8:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Any talk of sacking the manager is, IMO, fruitless.

We have a owner who wants out, yesterday was his SECOND game of the season in attendance.

Until he sorts out a sale and manager is stuffed and so are we fans. Moyes, again just my opinion is working wonders with the hand he has been dealt and maybe he is starting the rumors with fingers crossed.
Does anyone out there really think deep down that Short gives a damn about SAFC beyond the profits that can be acquired while splashing it at the ultimate a rich mans hobby?
Any potential sale will only eventuate should he become bored & given you say that it's only his second appearance, you'd have to surmise that his interest is waning. Should readily available reports out of the USA be correct then the FFP angle often quoted is irrelevant as they claimed SAFC was restructured a number of years ago in keeping with HMR&C regulations so that any profit or loss could be utilised long after any potential sale to achieve a profitable return on the long term investment.
Three questions remain for me.
1) How big is Mr Short's ego?
1) Is there anyone better than Moyes?
2) When I hear "....nonchalant players & a leadership bereft of ideas...." I just shake my head in disbelief at the lack of support.

I wonder if Short will publicly endorse Moyes Monday UK time.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-20, 9:10 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Any talk of sacking the manager is, IMO, fruitless.

Does anyone out there really think deep down that Short gives a damn about SAFC beyond the profits that can be acquired while splashing it at the ultimate a rich mans hobby?
Any potential sale will only eventuate should he become bored & given you say that it's only his second appearance, you'd have to surmise that his interest is waning. Should readily available reports out of the USA be correct then the FFP angle often quoted is irrelevant as they claimed SAFC was restructured a number of years ago in keeping with HMR&C regulations so that any profit or loss could be utilised long after any potential sale to achieve a profitable return on the long term investment.
Three questions remain for me.
1) How big is Mr Short's ego?
1) Is there anyone better than Moyes?
2) When I hear "....nonchalant players & a leadership bereft of ideas...." I just shake my head in disbelief at the lack of support.

I wonder if Short will publicly endorse Moyes Monday UK time.
We will soon see tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-03-20, 9:48 am

An alternative view...

He is still here coz no one else will come....

Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-20, 10:26 am

silvers wrote:An alternative view...

I dont think anyone I would want would come, not the club because I still think we are a big attraction but to take a job on promises made by a man who tells porkies and wants out, would you take it?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-03-20, 3:32 pm

exactement...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-03-20, 6:16 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:I wonder if Short will publicly endorse Moyes Monday UK time.
We will soon see tongue
We got our answer without delay which has to be a good thing?

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-03-20, 6:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
silvers wrote:An alternative view...

I dont think anyone I would want would come, not the club because I still think we are a big attraction but to take a job on promises made by a man who tells porkies and wants out, would you take it?

Sad really isn't it  Crying or Very sad

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum