Yesterday at 8:20 am by cyprussyd

» Well the deal is done.
2017-06-26, 10:18 pm by silvers

» wHAT IS THE sUNDERLAND CONNECTION ?
2017-06-26, 10:57 am by The Yakker

» No crisis say Short and Baine following meeting
2017-06-26, 10:08 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Fantastic today IMO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fantastic today IMO

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-18, 8:20 pm

THE FANS

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fantastic today IMO

Post  Kipper on 2017-03-18, 8:31 pm

indded. great atmosphere where I was apart from the odd exception.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-03-18, 8:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
THE FANS

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-18, 9:01 pm

Kipper wrote:indded. great atmosphere where I was apart from the odd exception.
There is always the exception. Man behind me very quiet then Denayer made a bad pass and off he went,"Back to the normal crap".
Some fans just love to moan.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bri on 2017-03-18, 10:53 pm

Well the tv cameras films us spelling out at 0-0 towards the end. It was embarrassing frankly. Again 1000s chose to try and be first at the bar or to beat the traffic rather than support their team til the end. I wouldn't say we're fantastic doing things like that. Sends the wrong message imo, we deserve to go down leaving at 0-0.
Bri

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-03-19, 2:55 am

Bri wrote:Well the tv cameras films us spelling out at 0-0 towards the end. It was embarrassing frankly. Again 1000s chose to try and be first at the bar or to beat the traffic rather than support their team til the end. I wouldn't say we're fantastic doing things like that. Sends the wrong message imo, we deserve to go down leaving at 0-0.
Don't worry Bri, it happens all over the world and real fans the world over know deep down it doesn't actually reflect fans like yourself as they to have them locally.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-03-19, 7:48 am

Bri wrote:Well the tv cameras films us spelling out at 0-0 towards the end. It was embarrassing frankly. Again 1000s chose to try and be first at the bar or to beat the traffic rather than support their team til the end. I wouldn't say we're fantastic doing things like that. Sends the wrong message imo, we deserve to go down leaving at 0-0.

Although it happens at other grounds the media seem to delight in pointing it out that we have "crap" fans.....you know the fans that last won a cup in 1973 and the league in 1936....the fans that regularly sell out their away allocation even though they have to travel a longer distance than most teams....the fans that had an average crowd of 44,000 during a record low points relegation season...the fans that still average 40,000 in consecutive relegation struggles...the fans who have had very little to cheer since who can remember when....disappointing that the fans left early yesterday mind when we were on top and pushing for a winner
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-19, 7:57 am

Yes some left but I prefer to focus on the thousands who sang their hearts out trying to push the team on.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-19, 6:26 pm

oldblackcat wrote:

Although it happens at other grounds the media seem to delight in pointing it out that we have "crap" fans.....you know the fans that last won a cup in 1973 and the league in 1936....the fans that regularly sell out their away allocation even though they have to travel a longer distance than most teams....the fans that had an average crowd of 44,000 during a record low points relegation season...the fans that still average 40,000 in consecutive relegation struggles...the fans who have had very little to cheer since who can remember when....disappointing that the fans left early yesterday mind when we were on top and pushing for a winner
Lots of empty seats at the Etihad today by the end despite it being one of the most entertaining games of the season with loads of chances for both sides. But will anyone in the media say how poor the City fans are for leaving before the end? Not a chance Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bri on 2017-03-20, 5:50 am

oldblackcat wrote:

The tv didn't point it out, the coverage i was watching didn't even mention it, it was an observation I made myself seeing people go in the background. The ground was emptying while at 0-0, i find it shocking personally.
Bri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum