SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SUNDERLAND V MANCHESTER CITY..Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WIN/LOSE.DRAW PREDICTION

25% 25% 
[ 2 ]
63% 63% 
[ 5 ]
12% 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

SUNDERLAND V MANCHESTER CITY..Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-26, 10:17 am

SUNDERLAND  V MANCHESTER CITY
Sun 05 Mar 16:00
Stadium of Light
Premier League
Live on Sky

No time for rest, we move on to our next game and a tough game it will be but it's a game I look forward to.
It's the easy wins I hate because we don't, against City we can relax a little.

QUESTION 1
Team selection with Denayer out because City are his parent club will we go back to a back 3 with Djilobogi available again?
Probably still to soon for Kirchhoff and big Victor so what would your team be?

QUESTION 2
Our competitors, who will do what?
Leicester v Hull
Stoke v Boro
Swansea v Burnley
WBA v Palace

At least we go into our Sunday game knowing what we need and what it will do for us.

QUESTION 3
Result, what will it be?

QUESTION 4
Are you going?
(No excuses Kiwi and Nos, there are planes)

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-03-05, 7:02 pm; edited 4 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDERLAND V MANCHESTER CITY..Match Day Thread

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-02-26, 10:41 am

QUESTION 1
Team selection with Denayer out because City are his parent club will we go back to a back 3 with Djilobogi available again?

If we go back to a back 3  I would play Lescott ahead of Djilibodji.....If we play 4-4-1-1 I would like to see Khazri given a chance to start instead of Borini or Januzaj

QUESTION 2
Leicester v Hull           Draw
Stoke v Boro            Stoke win
Swansea v Burnley   Swansea win
WBA v Palace           WBA win

At least we go into our Sunday game knowing what we need and what it will do for us.

QUESTION 3
Result, what will it be?

You've got to hope for a win regardless of the quality of the opposition.....if the team turn up we'll give them a good game and get at least a point.....if the team don't turn up,well....it might not be nice

QUESTION 4
Are you going?

Yes I'll be there....still rather be at the game than watch it on the tv when I can afford it
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-26, 10:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Stadium of Light
Premier League
Live on Sky

No time for rest, we move on to our next game and a tough game it will be but it's a game I look forward to.

QUESTION 1

I expect Djilibodji back in the team and a back 3 as you suggest, with Borini to drop out for him. It may not be too soon for Kirchoff, but we will see through the week how he trains. If he is back would expect Gibson or Larsson to make way. Think its too soon for big Victor sadly.

QUESTION 2
Leicester v Hull  Draw
Stoke v Boro  Home win
Swansea v Burnley Home win
WBA v Palace Home win

QUESTION 3
Result, what will it be?

2-1 - after we go a goal down in first half we fight back for a glorious win Laughing

QUESTION 4
Are you going?
Everton are on TV in the early game with our game to follow, so Super Sunday on the sofa it is  Very Happy
Going to try and make at least one game before end of the season though. Will let you know.

Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-02-26, 11:51 am

QUESTION 1
same as yesterday but no Larsson please FFS no Larsson he has had his day and should have been gone by now, the game just passes him by even with his arms waving around like a demented windmill. 

QUESTION 2
Leicester v Hull
Stoke v Boro
Swansea v Burnley
WBA v Palace
All home wins for me which will push Leicester further away from us. 

QUESTION 3
Result, what will it be?
1-4 can't see anything else

QUESTION 4
Are you going?
No not going as I said after Southampton why should I bother my arse and spend my hard earned when the players don't give a toss. Will be viewing in the club probably much to Niall Quinn's disgust. 

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-26, 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-02-26, 2:55 pm

I reckon I will be there....but atm feeling fairly down about our chances...we are just not creating enough...if all the players were fit...but that are not

So not sure it matters that much about team selection as he will pick who is fit. Did you see our bench yesterday  Rolling Eyes

At least they have their second choice striker...not sure his name is he any good?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-02-26, 3:12 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I reckon I will be there....but atm feeling fairly down about our chances...we are just not creating enough...if all the players were fit...but that are not

So not sure it matters that much about team selection as he will pick who is fit. Did you see our bench yesterday  Rolling Eyes

At least they have their second choice striker...not sure his name is he any good?
I hope some players will be back to fitness
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-02-26, 7:35 pm

I will be there and if we get beat, as we should off a bloody good team, so be it. There are still winnable games and I still expect us to stay up.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  RTB on 2017-02-27, 7:10 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Stadium of Light
Premier League
Live on Sky

QUESTION 1

We don't have much choice really - Lescott or Djilobodji in place of Denayer. Maybe Moyes will play them both.
I'd like to see Khazri start for a change and drop Januzaj or Borini. We are really missing Anichebe but he won't be back for a few weeks either. I thought Gooch was near to coming back into the team after he played for the U23s recently. I'd prefer 2 young uns to run around and close down the City midfield rather than have Gibson and Larsson stand by watching.

QUESTION 2
Leicester v Hull (1-1)
Stoke v Boro (2-0)
Swansea v Burnley (1-0)
WBA v Palace (2-0)

QUESTION 3
Result, what will it be?
I am going for 1-0 - we have done it before  Laughing

QUESTION 4
Are you going?
NO - I'm saving up for Arsenal away - but I will be watching Super Sunday  ack

RTB

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-01, 7:35 am

Looking forward to this game hoping we see the first signs of our annual fight back.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-03-01, 9:55 am

can we produce another certain new years day performance and result?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-01, 10:14 am

barrowmackem wrote:can we produce another certain new years day performance and result?
We can and I hope we will. Manchester City are not invincible at the back without Kompany and, in general, as a team they have not been as consistent as I think their world class players should be, And their goalie is poor (either one - bad mistake by Pep freezing Hart out IMO). Plus Defoe is due a goal or two. Sorry Sid MCFC but our need is greater than yours! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-03-01, 4:11 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:can we produce another certain new years day performance and result?
We can and I hope we will. Manchester City are not invincible at the back without Kompany and, in general, as a team they have not been as consistent as I think their world class players should be, And their goalie is poor (either one - bad mistake by Pep freezing Hart out IMO). Plus Defoe is due a goal or two. Sorry Sid MCFC but our need is greater than yours! Very Happy
Bloody hell this is hard work, I've obviously been using your old forum so couldn't quote, now I've found this one its even more confusing.  I've just typed a reply and lost it.  Ah well try again.  

You're correct Hieronymous,  we can be very flaky at the back. Most of our defence are coming to the end of their careers and without Kompany stopping Stones from doing stupid things it can be frightening.  BTW Kompany is out tonight and is unlikely to be fit for Sunday.

You are also correct re our goalies.  I used to be worried whenever Willy replaced Hart, now I'm scared stiff when Bravo replaces Willy.  Rolling Eyes.  (Hey these faces are good)NeutralExclamationQuestion

Maybe you can give Defoe a rest on Sunday:D

NOW, re the 3 points.  

Put it this way, City have Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and that shower coming up soon.  I'd much rather take 12 point off them than 3 points off your goodselves.  Happy? Very Happy
Sid MCFC
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-01, 4:34 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Bloody hell this is hard work, I've obviously been using your old forum so couldn't quote, now I've found this one its even more confusing.  I've just typed a reply and lost it.  Ah well try again.  

You're correct Hieronymous,  we can be very flaky at the back. Most of our defence are coming to the end of their careers and without Kompany stopping Stones from doing stupid things it can be frightening.  BTW Kompany is out tonight and is unlikely to be fit for Sunday.

You are also correct re our goalies.  I used to be worried whenever Willy replaced Hart, now I'm scared stiff when Bravo replaces Willy.  Rolling Eyes.  (Hey these faces are good)NeutralExclamationQuestion

NOW, re the 3 points.  

Put it this way, City have Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and that shower coming up soon.  I'd much rather take 12 point off them than 3 points off your goodselves.  Happy? Very Happy
Very happy my friend Very Happy 

Yes, I also find it easier to use this desktop (classic) version on my laptop, tablet or mobile.

The app for mobiles and tablets is okay for reading and posting, as you say, but I have never worked out how to quote on it either.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-03-01, 4:52 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

NOW, re the 3 points.  

I believe you only have your second choice playing.....that must be tough9
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-01, 7:57 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

NOW, re the 3 points.  

Think Bravo just validated our viewpoint on your goalkeepers (and defence) as Huddersfield score! tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-03-01, 8:23 pm

Then Huddersfield become their own worst enemies.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-01, 8:30 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Then Huddersfield become their own worst enemies.
I'll say! 3-1 now and it could easily have been 6 or 7 so it seems normal service has been resumed. I was rather hoping Huddersfield would work them so hard that they would be worn out for Sunday but looks like they will win at a canter here Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-03-01, 8:43 pm

Seen nowt to worry me  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-03-01, 9:01 pm

gil t azell wrote:Seen nowt to worry me  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
The only glimmer of hope is that Hart's in Italy & won't be recalled any time soon  geek

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-03-01, 9:44 pm

From BBC live text

21:25 Aguero's Back

Man City 4-1 Huddersfield
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Simon Stone
BBC Sport at the Etihad Stadium

Eleven days ago, Sergio Aguero looked well off the pace as he laboured in the first game against Huddersfield.
Now he has four goals in two games and every defence will be fearful of facing him.
Sunderland are next up on Sunday. David Moyes was here tonight. Hope he sleeps well.

Hopefully Moyes will have seen how Huddersfield played in first half hour, harrying and blocking and stopping Man City getting into their rhythm. But hopefully we can do it for 90 minutes not just 30 because we may not be able to stop them scoring, but we will also make chances for Defoe against their defence.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-02, 12:53 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-03-03, 2:03 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-03-03, 2:46 pm

We must always live in hope...

But suffer in reality
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-03-03, 2:47 pm

Bloody hell Syd, I'd rather watch those horrendous money supermarket adverts on the telly than those two clips. pale

I couldn't help smile at the City fans faces in the second clip though.  Laughing
Sid MCFC
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum