SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 3:48 am by cretanmakem

» Results of week 9 and fixtures for week10
Yesterday at 11:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Martin Bain on Simon Grayson
Yesterday at 7:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Morrisons Jarrow
Yesterday at 7:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Manager Sacked
Yesterday at 7:35 pm by Nostalgic

» The way forward
Yesterday at 12:15 pm by vinkel

» I had a dream
Yesterday at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
2017-10-22, 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
2017-10-22, 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
2017-10-22, 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

From the boss

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From the boss

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-25, 6:58 pm

Dear SunderMadders

We had done well to make sure it was only 1-0 going into the latter stages.
It was late in the game and we were always hoping that we could nick something but we weren’t good enough in the first half.
I thought we got better in the second half and we had the one chance.
We had grown into it and played better but ultimately we didn’t get the goal we wanted and we gave away a poor second one.

The players are giving it everything they’ve got and [the result] is certainly not for the lack of effort or running or working.
David Moyes

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: From the boss

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-02-26, 7:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:Dear SunderMadders

It was late in the game and we were always hoping that we could nick something but we weren’t good enough in the first half.
We had grown into it and played better but ultimately we didn’t get the goal we wanted and we gave away a poor second one.

The players are giving it everything they’ve got and [the result] is certainly not for the lack of effort or running or working.
David Moyes
well if Moyes thinks this our problems can only be one thing, the players are simply not good enough and WILL fail in their attempt at avoiding relegation.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-26, 8:00 am

barrowmackem wrote:

David Moyes
well if Moyes thinks this our problems can only be one thing, the players are simply not good enough and WILL fail in their attempt at avoiding relegation.
Im shocked barrow, we have known for some time the bulk of the players are not good enough.
Yesterday we had to sacrifice a back 3 with Denayer being ill, Borini would not have started. Victor and Kirchhoff would be starters if fit.

The players, IMO, gave all they had but, Defoe hitting the bar and a powerful Lukaku made the difference between 1 point and no points, IMO.

We will avoid the drop if..

We get players back
We carry some luck
Other teams dont

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-02-26, 8:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:

David Moyes
Im shocked barrow, we have known for some time the bulk of the players are not good enough.
Yesterday we had to sacrifice a back 3 with Denayer being ill, Borini would not have started. Victor and Kirchhoff would be starters if fit.

The players, IMO, gave all they had but, Defoe hitting the bar and a powerful Lukaku made the difference between 1 point and no points, IMO.

We get players back
We carry some luck
Other teams dont

wish I had your optimism Syd I really do.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-26, 8:22 am

barrowmackem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:

David Moyes

We get players back
We carry some luck
Other teams dont

Not sure its optimism Barrow more a belief that we should never give up, never. Our only hope, and yes its more hope than belief is to keep on being positive, keep on fighting, keep on believing.
Most look and see we are bottom and on our past record should go down, I understand that.
I look and see we are still in touch and can still do better over the remainder of the games than at least 3 other teams.
If we go down I will be depressed, dont see the point in being depressed any sooner than I have to be.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-02-26, 9:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:

David Moyes

We get players back
We carry some luck
Other teams dont

Not sure its optimism Barrow more a belief that we should never give up, never. Our only hope, and yes its more hope than belief is to keep on being positive, keep on fighting, keep on believing.
Most look and see we are bottom and on our past record should go down, I understand that.
I look and see we are still in touch and can still do better over the remainder of the games than at least 3 other teams.
If we go down I will be depressed, dont see the point in being depressed any sooner than I have to be.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-26, 9:49 am

We have been further adrft than this in previous seasons I think and still stayed up. So yes we have to cling to the hope that the injury list will shorten and some of our better players come in to the team and do the business.

But oh my goodness we have got to break this cycle of springtime worriy for SAFC supporters. None of us are getting any younger and it is not good for the heart  tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-26, 9:51 am

Hieronymus wrote:We have been further adrft than this in previous seasons I think and still stayed up. So yes we have to cling to the hope that the injury list will shorten and some of our better players come in to the team and do the business.

But oh my goodness we have got to break this cycle of springtime worriy for SAFC supporters. None of us are getting any younger and it is not good for the heart  tongue
i AM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  RTB on 2017-02-27, 7:21 pm

Hieronymus wrote:We have been further adrift than this in previous seasons I think and still stayed up. So yes we have to cling to the hope that the injury list will shorten and some of our better players come in to the team and do the business.

Under Poyet we were 7 points adrift with only 6 left to play.
Miracles do happen  Smile

As Gus used to say quite a lot - Increible
RTB

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-27, 7:42 pm

Going back to last Saturday we were pressuring Everton until that misplaced pass by Oviedo (not Larssonm) was cut out by their defender who just booted it upfield for Lukaku and the ball went into the net off Oviedo's boot with just enough deflection to beat Pickford.  

It doesn't come harder to take than that but that is the game.  I personally don't think we are as bad as folks make out but a slice of luck like that would come in handy from now.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-27, 7:44 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Going back to last Saturday we were pressuring Everton until that misplaced pass by Oviedo (not Larssonm) was cut out by their defender who just booted it upfield for Lukaku and the ball went into the net off Oviedo's boot with just enough deflection to beat Pickford.  

It doesn't come harder to take than that but that is the game.  I personally don't think we are as bad as folks make out but a slice of luck like that would come in handy from now.
And oh how we need some

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-27, 8:38 pm

One thing we have in our locker as well is handling the pressure. We have the history of coming out of situations like this better than anybody over the last five years.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-02-28, 2:30 am

Nostalgic wrote:One thing we have in our locker as well is handling the pressure. We have the history of coming out of situations like this better than anybody over the last five years.
Thing is Nos tat those teams are longer in the EPL & the those whom have returned are now well ahead of us!

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum