SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Hieronymus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Is it all over for

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it all over for

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:24 pm

UKIP

LABOUR

BOTH

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  MrRAWhite on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:46 pm

UKIP..Yes..They were never more than a single issue party.
Labour..We are finished as a serious political challenger whilst we continue with the current leadership. We will be back once this road crash is over with.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:59 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:UKIP..Yes..They were never more than a single issue party.
Labour..We are finished as a serious political challenger whilst we continue with the current leadership. We will be back once this road crash is over with.

Not if they choose another Ed Milliband! Corbyn is immensely a better option than Milliband!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Don't know but feeling a bit depressed about it all really. What on earth is the matter wth people?

I just cannot see how ANYONE in the north (or anywhere actually) can vote for more Tory austerity, sanctions on the jobless and disabled, homelessness, hard Brexit, a failing and increasinly privatised NHS (not even by stealth these days!), social care crisis caused by cuts to local government, lack of investment in housing, schools, transport etc etc etc.

Labour is far from perfect but voting Tory because you don't like the Labour leader? Because you feel Labour let you down in the past? Because you want to gve him and the party a kicking? How is that a sensible approach to getting more resources and power for you and your community?

With the Tories in power maternity services at West Cumberland Hospital will be closed and mothers and babies will undoubtedly die. Jobs will continue to be at risk too, as only a few days ago Teresa May refused to say whether the new Moorside nuclear plant would be underwritten by her government now that Toshiba have pulled out.

I can guarantee now they have the result they wanted we won't see Tory grandees in Copeland again. It will be forgotten. Just a rural outpost in the north west that no one in government cares about.

But never mind; the people of Copeland have certainly taught that awful Jeremy Corbyn a lesson. Sadly I know it will be those same people that will suffer the consequences of a buoyed up Tory party, that now feels this result gives them tacit approval for continuing policies that are destroying people's lives.

And you know what annoys me even more? Due to rigged boundary changes, favouring the Tories, Copeland is a constituency that won't even exist come the next general election. An election that might be called any day if Teresa May wants to risk it while the Labour party is dealing with its existential crisis. So it may all be for nought anyway.

Rant over. Sorry, I am not a happy lady today Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:53 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Don't know but feeling a bit depressed about it all really. What on earth is the matter wth people?

I just cannot see how ANYONE in the north (or anywhere actually) can vote for more Tory austerity, sanctions on the jobless and disabled, homelessness, hard Brexit, a failing and increasinly privatised NHS (not even by stealth these days!), social care crisis caused by cuts to local government, lack of investment in housing, schools, transport etc etc etc.

Labour is far from perfect but voting Tory because you don't like the Labour leader? Because you feel Labour let you down in the past? Because you want to gve him and the party a kicking? How is that a sensible approach to getting more resources and power for you and your community?

With the Tories in power maternity services at West Cumberland Hospital will be closed and mothers and babies will undoubtedly die. Jobs will continue to be at risk too, as only a few days ago Teresa May refused to say whether the new Moorside nuclear plant would be underwritten by her government now that Toshiba have pulled out.

I can guarantee now they have the result they wanted we won't see Tory grandees in Copeland again. It will be forgotten. Just a rural outpost in the north west that no one in government cares about.

But never mind; the people of Copeland have certainly taught that awful Jeremy Corbyn a lesson. Sadly I know it will be those same people that will suffer the consequences of a buoyed up Tory party, that now feels this result gives them tacit approval for continuing policies that are destroying people's lives.

And you know what annoys me even more? Due to rigged boundary changes, favouring the Tories, Copeland is a constituency that won't even exist come the next general election. An election that might be called any day if Teresa May wants to risk it while the Labour party is dealing with its existential crisis. So it may all be for nought anyway.

Rant over. Sorry, I am not a happy lady today Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
APPL APPL APPL

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:48 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:UKIP..Yes..They were never more than a single issue party.
But they won what they stood for though.
Their job is done. No need for them anymore.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Maggie dismantling the industry and union power has led to this, but Labour reverting to "old" values has not helped their cause.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Maggie dismantling the industry and union power has led to this, but Labour reverting to "old" values has not helped their cause.
Labour is f*cked imo with the current set of hopeless incumbents.
If I was Teresa May, once Brexit is complete I'd call an early election.
She'll walk it with a landslide.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum