SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Tonights team
Today at 12:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» That clears that up then
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» luton tickets
Yesterday at 9:40 pm by Flahive22

» Quiz 102
Yesterday at 9:35 pm by cyprussyd

» Massive, massive, massive
Yesterday at 8:32 pm by oldblackcat

» Quiz 101
Yesterday at 8:13 pm by oldblackcat

» Embleton
Yesterday at 6:26 pm by cyprussyd

» The new east stand
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 2:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 10:03 am by cyprussyd


Is it all over for

Go down

Is it all over for

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-24, 3:24 pm

UKIP


LABOUR


BOTH

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45932
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-02-24, 3:46 pm

UKIP..Yes..They were never more than a single issue party.
Labour..We are finished as a serious political challenger whilst we continue with the current leadership. We will be back once this road crash is over with.

________________________________________________________
Born a Sunderland fan, live life as a Sunderland fan and will die a Sunderland fan..
avatar
MrRAWhite
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4810
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  canary-dave on 2017-02-24, 3:59 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:UKIP..Yes..They were never more than a single issue party.
Labour..We are finished as a serious political challenger whilst we continue with the current leadership. We will be back once this road crash is over with.

Not if they choose another Ed Milliband! Corbyn is immensely a better option than Milliband!

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13991
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-24, 4:23 pm

Don't know but feeling a bit depressed about it all really. What on earth is the matter wth people?

I just cannot see how ANYONE in the north (or anywhere actually) can vote for more Tory austerity, sanctions on the jobless and disabled, homelessness, hard Brexit, a failing and increasinly privatised NHS (not even by stealth these days!), social care crisis caused by cuts to local government, lack of investment in housing, schools, transport etc etc etc.

Labour is far from perfect but voting Tory because you don't like the Labour leader? Because you feel Labour let you down in the past? Because you want to gve him and the party a kicking? How is that a sensible approach to getting more resources and power for you and your community?

With the Tories in power maternity services at West Cumberland Hospital will be closed and mothers and babies will undoubtedly die. Jobs will continue to be at risk too, as only a few days ago Teresa May refused to say whether the new Moorside nuclear plant would be underwritten by her government now that Toshiba have pulled out.

I can guarantee now they have the result they wanted we won't see Tory grandees in Copeland again. It will be forgotten. Just a rural outpost in the north west that no one in government cares about.

But never mind; the people of Copeland have certainly taught that awful Jeremy Corbyn a lesson. Sadly I know it will be those same people that will suffer the consequences of a buoyed up Tory party, that now feels this result gives them tacit approval for continuing policies that are destroying people's lives.

And you know what annoys me even more? Due to rigged boundary changes, favouring the Tories, Copeland is a constituency that won't even exist come the next general election. An election that might be called any day if Teresa May wants to risk it while the Labour party is dealing with its existential crisis. So it may all be for nought anyway.

Rant over. Sorry, I am not a happy lady today Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9276
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-24, 4:53 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Don't know but feeling a bit depressed about it all really. What on earth is the matter wth people?

I just cannot see how ANYONE in the north (or anywhere actually) can vote for more Tory austerity, sanctions on the jobless and disabled, homelessness, hard Brexit, a failing and increasinly privatised NHS (not even by stealth these days!), social care crisis caused by cuts to local government, lack of investment in housing, schools, transport etc etc etc.

Labour is far from perfect but voting Tory because you don't like the Labour leader? Because you feel Labour let you down in the past? Because you want to gve him and the party a kicking? How is that a sensible approach to getting more resources and power for you and your community?

With the Tories in power maternity services at West Cumberland Hospital will be closed and mothers and babies will undoubtedly die. Jobs will continue to be at risk too, as only a few days ago Teresa May refused to say whether the new Moorside nuclear plant would be underwritten by her government now that Toshiba have pulled out.

I can guarantee now they have the result they wanted we won't see Tory grandees in Copeland again. It will be forgotten. Just a rural outpost in the north west that no one in government cares about.

But never mind; the people of Copeland have certainly taught that awful Jeremy Corbyn a lesson. Sadly I know it will be those same people that will suffer the consequences of a buoyed up Tory party, that now feels this result gives them tacit approval for continuing policies that are destroying people's lives.

And you know what annoys me even more? Due to rigged boundary changes, favouring the Tories, Copeland is a constituency that won't even exist come the next general election. An election that might be called any day if Teresa May wants to risk it while the Labour party is dealing with its existential crisis. So it may all be for nought anyway.

Rant over. Sorry, I am not a happy lady today Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
APPL APPL APPL

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45932
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  Billy D on 2017-02-24, 5:48 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:UKIP..Yes..They were never more than a single issue party.
Labour..We are finished as a serious political challenger whilst we continue with the current leadership. We will be back once this road crash is over with.
But they won what they stood for though.
Their job is done. No need for them anymore.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-24, 9:02 pm

Maggie dismantling the industry and union power has led to this, but Labour reverting to "old" values has not helped their cause.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4039
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  Billy D on 2017-02-24, 11:32 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Maggie dismantling the industry and union power has led to this, but Labour reverting to "old" values has not helped their cause.
Labour is f*cked imo with the current set of hopeless incumbents.
If I was Teresa May, once Brexit is complete I'd call an early election.
She'll walk it with a landslide.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it all over for

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum