Yesterday at 8:01 pm by sunderpitt

» Manager/takeover update
Yesterday at 3:17 pm by sunderpitt

» Time for a head count
Yesterday at 10:41 am by sunderpitt

» The Centre-Spot on Wembley pitch.
Yesterday at 8:20 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

A true observation ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A true observation ?

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-02-24, 10:00 am

Football is 90 minutes of pretending you are hurt...Rugby is 80 minutes of pretending you are not.

For some reason I thought of Januzaj when I read this. The man has skill but falls over so easily when he feels a touch
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Re: A true observation ?

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-24, 10:25 am

Januzaj is of naturally slight build and will need to toughen up or he will fall by the way side. It will be a shame if his talent goes to waste but it is up to him to make the best of the natural gifts he is blessed with. Coaches and managers can only do so much.

But I disagree entirely with the observation. That sneering attitude and overriding smugness and sense of superiority is one reason I dislike rugby immensely Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-24, 10:33 am

Hieronymus wrote:Januzaj is of naturally slight build and will need to toughen up or he will fall by the way side. It will be a shame if his talent goes to waste but it is up to him to make the best of the natural gifts he is blessed with. Coaches and managers can only do so much.

But I disagree entirely with the observation. That sneering attitude and overriding smugness and sense of superiority is one reason I dislike rugby immensely Mad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-02-24, 10:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Januzaj is of naturally slight build and will need to toughen up or he will fall by the way side. It will be a shame if his talent goes to waste but it is up to him to make the best of the natural gifts he is blessed with. Coaches and managers can only do so much.

like like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-02-24, 1:07 pm

I have never noticed any such arrogance in the egg chasing game....some posh boys might be like that...but as played in Tynedale, Winlaton and Hartlepool it is not. I had a couple of friends up in December a d we saw us beat Leicester and the Falcons beat Harliquins scoring 6 tries.great stuff bug lads bashing he'll out of each other
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-02-24, 4:06 pm

I'm loving watching the 6 nations and footballers are a bunnch of daffodils in comparison but they are compared to most sports - can't play twice a week? try cycling 130 miles a day for 3 weeks no matter how many drugs you're on.

The only thing that winds me up is some rugby supporters with their "gentleman's game" bull. never mind the eye gouging and stamping etc.

Still love watching football though even though i'm much less interested when it isn't a Sunderland game.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-02-24, 8:37 pm

Rugby was invented when some fat kid who couldn't play football picked up the ball and ran with it....

I don't mind watching it now and again but there's no game that compares to football for me...even if some of the professional players are over paid softies Very Happy.....the real raw football can still be seen in the lower leagues and long may it continue
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum