SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 3:52 am by canary-dave

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

» word is
Yesterday at 6:51 pm by talcnturnip

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 6:18 pm by Silvers

» Tina anybody?
Yesterday at 2:16 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Yesterday at 1:49 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Yesterday at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Yesterday at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Ranieri

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ranieri

Post  gil t azell on 2017-02-23, 7:59 pm

Sacked.................allegedly.

The players should be ashamed of themselves.  Unfortunately if this is true I fear they will stay up.

PS, Nigel Pearson to take over.

Wins the EPL and sacked. Disgraceful.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Ranieri

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-23, 8:40 pm

Shocked! Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Claudio Ranieri: Leicester City sack Premier League-winning manager

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ranieri was appointed Leicester manager in July 2015

Manager Claudio Ranieri has been sacked by Leicester City, nine months after leading them to the Premier League title.
The Foxes are one point above the relegation zone with 13 matches left.
"The board reluctantly feels that a change of leadership, while admittedly painful, is necessary in the club's greatest interest," read a statement.
Ranieri, 65, guided the Foxes to the title despite them being rated 5,000-1 shots at the start of the campaign.

His departure comes less than 24 hours after a 2-1 defeat at Spanish side Sevilla in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.
The Foxes won the Premier League by 10 points but have won just five top-flight games so far this season, and could become the first defending champions to be relegated since 1938.
They have lost their past five league matches and are the only side in the top four English divisions without a league goal in 2017.

Leicester's past two seasons after 25 games
Season    Position  Points   Won   Lost   Scored  Conceded
2015-16     1st           53        15      2          47         27
2016-17    17th         21         5      14         24         43

"His status as the most successful Leicester City manager of all time is without question," added the Foxes statement.
"However, domestic results in the current campaign have placed the club's Premier League status under threat."
Earlier this month, Leicester gave their "unwavering support" to the Italian.

'Club interests above sentiment'

Leicester City vice-chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha:
"This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City. But we are duty-bound to put the club's long-term interests above all sense of personal sentiment, no matter how strong that might be.
"Claudio has brought outstanding qualities to his office. His skilful management, powers of motivation and measured approach have been reflective of the rich experience we always knew he would bring to Leicester City. His warmth, charm and charisma have helped transform perceptions of the club and develop its profile on a global scale. We will forever be grateful to him for what he has helped us to achieve.
"It was never our expectation that the extraordinary feats of last season should be replicated this season. Indeed, survival in the Premier League was our first and only target at the start of the campaign. But we are now faced with a fight to reach that objective and feel a change is necessary to maximise the opportunity presented by the final 13 games."

What next?

Leicester's next game in their fight for Premier League survival comes when they host Liverpool on Monday.
Assistant manager Craig Shakespeare and first-team coach Mike Stowell will take charge of the squad until a new manager is appointed.
Ranieri's compatriots Paolo Benetti and Andrea Azzalin, both key members of his coaching staff, have left the club.
"The board will now begin the recruitment process and will make no further comment until that process is completed," Leicester added.

'Dilly ding dilly game's gone' - social media reaction

Foxes legend Gary Lineker expresses his shock at Ranieri's departure, using an edited version of the Italian's catchprases

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]BBC Sport chief football writer Phil McNulty hopes the Leicester squad take some responsibility for Ranieri losing his job

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-02-23, 8:42 pm

Knowing our luck it wouldnt surprise me if Ulloa scored the goal that kept them up.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-02-23, 9:12 pm

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-02-23, 9:18 pm

gil t azell wrote:Sacked.................allegedly.

The players should be ashamed of themselves.  Unfortunately if this is true I fear they will stay up.

PS, Nigel Pearson to take over.

Wins the EPL and sacked. Disgraceful.
Update,

"A number of bookmakers have ex-Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini as favourite for the Leicester job. Alan Pardew is second favourite in most places, with the club's former boss Nigel Pearson at 8-1.
Early days."

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-23, 9:22 pm

Is it good or bad news for us,no idea

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-02-24, 12:43 am

Mancini favourite..Who knows if this will be a positive..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-02-24, 7:40 am

the crazy world of football. Saying that changing manager at this stage of a season has worked for us on numerous occasions.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-02-24, 7:59 am

A just had a sad thought....I wonder what odds you could have got for picking he'd be sacked before the end of the season ...better than the 5000-1 of winning the EPL   cyclops

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-24, 7:03 pm

'YESTERDAY MY DREAM DIED'
Former Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri has just released a statement following his departure from the King Power.
"Yesterday my dream died," writes the Italian.
"After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the Club I love, for always.
"Sadly this was not to be.
"I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support during my time at Leicester. My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a Champion.
"Mostly I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever. Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football. My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the Club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved.
"But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will. It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a Champion with all of you."

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-24, 7:07 pm

PLAYERS 'UNHAPPY' WITH RANIERI
Leicester’s senior players told the club’s owners they were [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]after the Champions League defeat at Sevilla, according to Sky sources.
SSN HQ understands the players met with the owners on Thursday morning following [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The meeting was called by the owners - not the players - and they were told by the senior professionals that the relationship between Ranieri and the other members of the coaching staff, including assistant manager Craig Shakespeare, had broken down.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], just two weeks after the owners gave him their [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
First team coach Paolo Benetti and sports science coach Andrea Azzalin have also left the club with Ranieri.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-24, 8:58 pm

Shakespeare has come out and stated that the sacking was nothing to do with the players and Ranieri had not lost the dressing room. The facts are there to see and are simply that he has not been able to stop the bad slide they are in.  No goals in 2017 also speaks for itself and just shows that their commendable achievement last year could not be sustained, but seeing them go down the tubes as they are needed something drastic and he was the loser.

Their first half performance against Seville was desperate, but when they reverted to a long ball into space for Vardy to chase down brought them a goal. They were sussed out some time ago by the Prem clubs and could not come with Plan B.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-24, 11:52 pm

Leicester players met the club's owners four times to get manager Claudio Ranieri sacked. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ranieri was reportedly sacked at a hotel at East Midlands Airport when he returned from Seville on Thursday. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Foxes players who met Leicester chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha on Wednesday included 30-year-old keeper Kasper Schmeichel, defender Wes Morgan, 33, midfielder Marc Albrighton, 27, and 30-year-old striker Jamie Vardy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-25, 9:42 pm

Going back eighteen months and looking at it from a historical viewpoint what would any supporter make of a deal that said this upcoming season you would be Champions, the next season you would reach the knock out stage of the ECL, or even win it, but would be relegated domestically.

Who wouldn't say yes to that?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-25, 10:32 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Going back eighteen months and looking at it from a historical viewpoint what would any supporter make of a deal that said this upcoming season you would be Champions, the next season you would reach the knock out stage of the ECL, or even win it, but would be relegated domestically.

I would say yes and I would be disappointed and angry if we sacked the manager who achieved all that.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-26, 1:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Going back eighteen months and looking at it from a historical viewpoint what would any supporter make of a deal that said this upcoming season you would be Champions, the next season you would reach the knock out stage of the ECL, or even win it, but would be relegated domestically.

I would say yes and I would be disappointed and angry if we sacked the manager who achieved all that.
Still in Europe but in bottom three under that manager.  Possibly it would have been better to ask him to go with a golden handshake or move him upstairs but either way it would have fudged the situation. There is also their run-in to consider as it contains a fair amount of games against top opposition.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-27, 7:46 pm

Just watched live  interview with the Telegraph local reporter in Leics and he said that the locals, including him, were definitely worried that they would be relegated and the national press had focused too much on the sacking coming the season after winning the title.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-02-27, 8:13 pm

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-27, 8:51 pm

canary-dave wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wow! clapy clapy clapy clapy clapy

A true gent (even if his players are tonight proving the owners may have been right!)

Claudio Ranieri has donated £1,500,000 of his £3 million pay off to the Foxes Foundation charity. What an unbelievable gesture.

Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-27, 9:28 pm

And suddenly Leicester play like champions.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-27, 10:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:And suddenly Leicester play like champions.
Sigh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-28, 2:47 am

After a gesture like that surely they will come up with a response in his honour.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-02-28, 8:56 am

not many people like him around sadly nowadays. Came from the same mould as Quinny.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-28, 10:39 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum