SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 14
Today at 12:28 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Cookie on Rodwell
Today at 12:05 am by Silvers

» Happy Birthday for Friday
Yesterday at 11:49 pm by Roker roar

» Well done Martin Bain
Yesterday at 10:44 pm by Billy D

» Robinho gets 9 years in prison
Yesterday at 5:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Should we keep him?
Yesterday at 5:33 pm by cyprussyd

» BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC
Yesterday at 12:32 am by cyprussyd

» Is it back?
2017-11-22, 7:39 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Managers PETER REID
2017-11-22, 5:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore knacked
2017-11-22, 2:50 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Leicester

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leicester

Post  Vincemac on 2017-02-06, 1:34 pm

win one year 
Relegated the next

WOULD YOU LIKE IT
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Vincemac on 2017-02-06, 1:35 pm

Vincemac wrote:win one year 
Relegated the next

WOULD YOU LIKE IT
My answer 
A big YES
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-06, 2:13 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43001
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Silvers on 2017-02-06, 2:59 pm

It happened to Ipswich in the early 60s...
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14953
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Vincemac on 2017-02-06, 4:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why 
We would come straight back up
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-06, 5:02 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why 
We would come straight back up
Would we, we may just keep tumbling but nothing beats the prem IMO

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43001
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Vincemac on 2017-02-06, 5:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why 
We would come straight back up
Would we, we may just keep tumbling but nothing beats the prem IMO
That's why winning it would be it
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-06, 7:08 pm

Leics had a tremendous run last season when everything they tried worked, now that we have the opposite and it just proves how much luck is needed to bolster ability. Their defence is letting them down at the minute and Morgan and Hutth are particularly against ManU.  

Ranieri was Manager of the Year as reward for his Championship wine, now let him show he can match it by dealing with adversity .

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3625
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 79
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-02-06, 11:40 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Leics had a tremendous run last season when everything they tried worked, now that we have the opposite and it just proves how much luck is needed to bolster ability. Their defence is letting them down at the minute and Morgan and Hutth are particularly against ManU.  

Ranieri was Manager of the Year as reward for his Championship wine, now let him show he can match it by dealing with adversity .

How was it last time we won it   Wink

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9462
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 99
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-02-07, 8:56 pm

Hi silvers. Re your message above about Ipswich. Sorry mate but the only team to hold that 'honour' is my team. City won the 1st div in 1936/7 and were relegated the following season despite being the leading scorers.

No I wasn't around then but I am strangely quite proud of that record.
avatar
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Posts : 120
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Silvers on 2017-02-07, 9:12 pm

Yes, I think Ipswich had a season's grace before doing the swan dive..

Very Happy
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14953
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-02-07, 9:19 pm

I fully understand why you might want our record to be equalled though.
avatar
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Posts : 120
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-02-08, 7:51 am

Sid MCFC wrote:Hi silvers.  Re your message above about Ipswich.  Sorry mate but the only team to hold that 'honour' is my team.  City won the 1st div in 1936/7 and were relegated the following season despite being the leading scorers.

No I wasn't around then but I am strangely quite proud of that record.


If I remember rightly....City scored over a hundred goals that season Shocked
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2107
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 56
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-02-08, 10:20 am

Haha. I'm not that old Smile. I do know that when City won the 1st div. our 'neighbours' were relegated. We swopped divs the following season despite City scoring more goals than anybody else. You can't make that up. I think it's a great record which I find very funny. Who says us 'lesser' clubs haven't got history? Smile

Despite that being before my time the Bob Stokoe moment wasn't. It's not just Sunderland fans that remember Stokoe with fondness, most football fans of my age will always remember him running on the pitch like a madman. Brilliant.

Any Leicester fans calling for his head need to give their own heads a wobble.

Congrats on the great win btw.
avatar
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Posts : 120
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-08, 12:07 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Haha. I'm not that old Smile.  I do know that when City won the 1st div. our 'neighbours' were relegated.  We swopped divs the following season despite City scoring more goals than anybody else. You can't make that up.  I think it's a great record which I find very funny.  Who says us 'lesser' clubs haven't got history?  Smile

Despite that being before my time the Bob Stokoe moment wasn't.  It's not just Sunderland fans that remember Stokoe with fondness, most football fans of my age will always remember him running on the pitch like a madman.  Brilliant.

Any Leicester fans calling for his head need to give their own heads a wobble.

Congrats on the great win btw.
You sir are a gentleman. Always had a fondness for Man City and its supporters ever since I was one of the thousands that went to Maine Road back in May 1991, for that relegation game when Quinny scored against us. That day lives long in the memory of many Sunderland fans, not just for the excitement (and agony!) that day brought, but for the sportsmanship and friendliness of the City fans that helped make the day so memorable for all of us Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8579
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-02-08, 12:46 pm

Thank you very much. I'm not always a gentleman though, ask some Utd fans! Sad

I think most decent fans have an affinity with other decent fans, it's just a quirk of fate where we were born. I'm sorry I can't remember that game in 1991 albeit I would have been there, my memory is awful nowadays. As I've previously said though, the joint Wembley trip was fantastic and that's down to you folks.

It's a pity the Sunderland/City match has been put back to the Sunday as a few of us were planning to pop up and stay over. Bloody Sky.
avatar
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Posts : 120
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-02-08, 3:26 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Thank you very much.  I'm not always a gentleman though, ask some Utd fans! Sad

I think most decent fans have an affinity with other decent fans, it's just a quirk of fate where we were born.  I'm sorry I can't remember that game in 1991 albeit I would have been there, my memory is awful nowadays.  As I've previously said though, the joint Wembley trip was fantastic and that's down to you folks.

It's a pity the Sunderland/City match has been put back to the Sunday as a few of us were planning to pop up and stay over.  Bloody Sky.
Here is a clip to remind you.

Note how SAFC filled that whole end of the ground. Some reports were we had 13000 supporters there (and I was one of them)

Interesting that David White was playing and scored the winner. I never realised until I saw the video again that he is the poor lad who has been in the news as one of those abused by Barry Bennell.

And when I watched this again I remembered the agony of that miss by Marco Gabbiadini at the end aaarghhhh! What a Face

avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8579
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-02-08, 4:22 pm

Great clip thanks very much. Sorry about the result!

Quinnys has lots of history with both clubs. A mate of mine takes the p... out of me as he was with me two times I've bumped into quinny. The first was when he still played for us and I was rather drunk in a curry place. I went up to his table but forgot what I meant to say so just said "well done Niall". He looked at me nonplussed and said " errr thanks"

The second time was at Swansea last season after the match, he had been commenting and was walking through the crowd when I approached him and forgot my words again. I think you might be able to guess the rest Smile

Re David White, yes very sad and annoying. He still has a lot to do with City and by coincidence was with the compair outside the ground on Sunday. A good fella and still looks as though he could put in a full 90 minutes.

avatar
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Posts : 120
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum