SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY
I agree with Roberto.. EmptyToday at 3:19 am by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole
I agree with Roberto.. EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
I agree with Roberto.. Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac


I agree with Roberto..

Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty I agree with Roberto..

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-05, 11:59 am

Roberto Martinez was on goals on Sunday and he was asked if Sunderland can stay up.


I agree with his answer, with the Leicester and Swansea results still to come there are no weak teams in the bottom 6 so what has gone before means nothing.


Our league starts from now and the remaining games are what counts, that for me makes us favorites to stay up, why?



  • Our new and injured players are to come in.
  • Our form is coming good at the right time.
  • The majority of our players have been here before and shown they have the mental strength to get a result when needed.
  • Our spine looks strong, Pickford/Mannone. Kone. N'Dong, Defoe.
  • Despite the doubts our manager is very experienced.



Am I dreaming?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49131
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  Vincemac on 2017-02-05, 12:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Roberto Martinez was on goals on Sunday and he was asked if Sunderland can stay up.


I agree with his answer, with the Leicester and Swansea results still to come there are no weak teams in the bottom 6 so what has gone before means nothing.


Our league starts from now and the remaining games are what counts, that for me makes us favorites to stay up, why?



  • Our new and injured players are to come in.
  • Our form is coming good at the right time.
  • The majority of our players have been here before and shown they have the mental strength to get a result when needed.
  • Our spine looks strong, Pickford/Mannone. Kone. N'Dong, Defoe.
  • Despite the doubts our manager is very experienced.



Am I dreaming?
Mmmmm
Ok then I think we will be fine and stay up 
Just
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7613
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-05, 6:12 pm

This has been my feellng all along as our injury situation would be enough to cripple any team.  We are all entitled to moan about the state of play but not before we have balanced everything out,  Oviedo is  find and a half on yesterday's performance.  Or did Moyes have him lined up all along?
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4203
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 81
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-02-05, 6:20 pm

The two teams going into next weekend under the most pressure, IMO, are Palace and Leicester after this weekends results.

SUNDERLAND V SOUTHAMPTON
STOKE CITY V PALACE
ARSENAL V HULL
SWANSEA V LEICESTER
BORO V EVERTON

A win for us is crucial.

I expect Palace and Hull to lose, both Swansea and Leicester cant win and Boro could win.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49131
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  gil t azell on 2017-02-05, 7:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The two teams going into next weekend under the most pressure, IMO, are Palace and Leicester after this weekends results.

SUNDERLAND V SOUTHAMPTON
STOKE CITY V PALACE
ARSENAL V HULL
SWANSEA V LEICESTER
BORO V EVERTON

A win for us is crucial.

I expect Palace and Hull to lose, both Swansea and Leicester cant win and Boro could win.
I am hoping and think we will win. And win comfortably. They are in Cup Final mode now.
Stoke right off form but should beat a demoralised Palace. Bloody hope so anyway.
I think Hull will give Arsenal a scare but expect Arsenal to scrape thru.
Swansea will beat Leicester but hoping for a draw.
I expect Boro to lose. Good defensively but cannot score.

Hopefully after next weekends results we will be in a better position yet again.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5922
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-02-05, 8:20 pm

Nostalgic wrote:This has been my feellng all along as our injury situation would be enough to cripple any team.  We are all entitled to moan about the state of play but not before we have balanced everything out,  Oviedo is  find and a half on yesterday's performance.  Or did Moyes have him lined up all along?
Probably as the managers have a private list of whose available and at what price etc. It only works for so long though so lets hope the NEW back room Team spot few more.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10363
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 101
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-02-05, 8:46 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:This has been my feellng all along as our injury situation would be enough to cripple any team.  We are all entitled to moan about the state of play but not before we have balanced everything out,  Oviedo is  find and a half on yesterday's performance.  Or did Moyes have him lined up all along?
Probably as the managers have a private list of whose available and at what price etc. It only works for so long though so lets hope the NEW back room Team spot few more.
He signed him for Everton and Oviedo was not getting a game under Koeman so I am happy to give Moyes credit for his wheeling and dealing on this one.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4203
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 81
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-02-05, 9:00 pm

6 or 7 wins needed...back to back wins would be good
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-02-06, 4:08 am

Nostalgic wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:This has been my feellng all along as our injury situation would be enough to cripple any team.  We are all entitled to moan about the state of play but not before we have balanced everything out,  Oviedo is  find and a half on yesterday's performance.  Or did Moyes have him lined up all along?
Probably as the managers have a private list of whose available and at what price etc. It only works for so long though so lets hope the NEW back room Team spot few more.
He signed him for Everton and Oviedo was not getting a game under Koeman so I am happy to give Moyes credit for his wheeling and dealing on this one.
like

Ps. A Good Manager is only as good as the team around him so here's to his success at Everton continuing  tongue

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10363
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 101
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

I agree with Roberto.. Empty Re: I agree with Roberto..

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum