SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tottenham have sacked manager Mauricio Pochettino
Facebook EmptyToday at 2:51 pm by wanderer

» What possibly could go wrong
Facebook EmptyToday at 2:49 pm by wanderer

» Predictions Week 16
Facebook EmptyToday at 2:38 pm by barrowmackem

» would be funny
Facebook EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Coventry City
Facebook EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by canary-dave

» Political debates
Facebook EmptyToday at 8:54 am by wanderer

» Cup replay
Facebook EmptyToday at 8:07 am by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
Facebook EmptyToday at 6:06 am by Steve30000

» always makes me cry
Facebook EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by cyprussyd

» What do i do?
Facebook EmptyYesterday at 7:05 pm by Hieronymus


Facebook

Go down

Facebook Empty Facebook

Post  Guest on 2017-01-08, 8:28 pm

I am beginning to believe I am the only person on earth not to do Facebook, am I missing out.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-01-08, 8:48 pm

vinkel wrote:I am beginning to believe I am the only person on earth not to do Facebook, am I missing out.
That makes three of us Vinkel as wife and I are not signed up. Grandkids here and UK want wife to join and say that she does not have to read everything they post - as she says , she is too bloody nosy not to, so does not want to be tempted.

We do get family updates from those on it so that does us.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4281
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 81
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Guest on 2017-01-08, 9:15 pm

It's a one stop shop...

Has its own message system and you can have instant updates from the likes of BBC news, Skysports, Roker Report etc

Tiz fine as long as you manage it properly

Very Happy
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Guest on 2017-01-09, 8:46 am

Yeah  Facebook is okay do not use it much....it's more about being nosy as to what fk are up to
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-01-09, 8:52 am

never used it never will. No interest in it whatsoever.

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Guest on 2017-01-09, 9:26 am

I tried it & I think it's shit.
Deleted my account years ago.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-09, 9:38 am

Long time facebook user and its fine provided you control it.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49861
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Vincemac on 2017-01-09, 10:18 am

Yeh it's ok for me
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7757
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-01-09, 10:18 am

I use it mainly to communicate with my daughter and son who live away - messaging and exchanging photos of holidays and pictures of the kids etc. But also use it to keep in touch with friends of mine around the country. I do also use it to spread my political views to my 'friends' but rarely get involved in any debates!

You can set your profile up to minimise the rubbish ads and not to receive messages and posts from people you don't know (i.e are 'friends') and you can limit posts you make to be viewed by single 'friends', or groups like family and close friends only.

I fid it a useful tool, but like all social media, you need to control it and not let it control YOU! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10220
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-01-09, 10:47 am

Hieronymus wrote:I use it mainly to communicate with my daughter and son who live away - messaging and exchanging photos of holidays and pictures of the kids etc. But also use it to keep in touch with friends of mine around the country. I do also use it to spread my political views to my 'friends' but rarely get involved in any debates!

You can set your profile up to minimise the rubbish ads and not to receive messages and posts from people you don't know (i.e are 'friends') and you can limit posts you make to be viewed by single 'friends', or groups like family and close friends only.

I fid it a useful tool, but like all social media, you need to control it and not let it control YOU! Very Happy

I use whatsapp for all that stuff H, find it great.

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-01-09, 11:15 am

barrowmackem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:I use it mainly to communicate with my daughter and son who live away - messaging and exchanging photos of holidays and pictures of the kids etc. But also use it to keep in touch with friends of mine around the country. I do also use it to spread my political views to my 'friends' but rarely get involved in any debates!

You can set your profile up to minimise the rubbish ads and not to receive messages and posts from people you don't know (i.e are 'friends') and you can limit posts you make to be viewed by single 'friends', or groups like family and close friends only.

I fid it a useful tool, but like all social media, you need to control it and not let it control YOU! Very Happy

I use whatsapp for all that stuff H, find it great.
Yeah barrow, I do use whatsapp on my phone and it is great as you say, but some of my friends don't have it yet and I prefer to use a laptop than a phone for most of my internet use (eyes are too bad for long term phone screen viewing!). Whatsapp is an app designed for phones and it seems a bit of a bit of a faff to get onto laptop so never bothered trying. Also if I use Facebook on my laptop all the photos my daughter sends are stored in my downloads folder for easy re-viewing or moving to my Photo folders.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10220
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-01-14, 8:45 am

Hieronymus wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:I use it mainly to communicate with my daughter and son who live away - messaging and exchanging photos of holidays and pictures of the kids etc. But also use it to keep in touch with friends of mine around the country. I do also use it to spread my political views to my 'friends' but rarely get involved in any debates!

You can set your profile up to minimise the rubbish ads and not to receive messages and posts from people you don't know (i.e are 'friends') and you can limit posts you make to be viewed by single 'friends', or groups like family and close friends only.

I fid it a useful tool, but like all social media, you need to control it and not let it control YOU! Very Happy

I use whatsapp for all that stuff H, find it great.
Yeah barrow, I do use whatsapp on my phone and it is great as you say, but some of my friends don't have it yet and I prefer to use a laptop than a phone for most of my internet use (eyes are too bad for long term phone screen viewing!). Whatsapp is an app designed for phones and it seems a bit of a bit of a faff to get onto laptop so never bothered trying. Also if I use Facebook on my laptop all the photos my daughter sends are stored in my downloads folder for easy re-viewing or moving to my Photo folders.

have whatsapp on my pc H its an app called bluestacks that allows you to do it.

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2866
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Facebook Empty Re: Facebook

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum