SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-07, 6:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   Sunderland AFC  v  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Stoke City              

Sat 14 Jan   15:00    Stadium of Light    

Back to the bread and butter of premier league survival.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-01-14, 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty Re: Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread

Post  Silvers on 2017-01-07, 6:43 pm

Sunderland play in red shirts and white stripes.
Stoke play in white shirts with red stripes.......

That's something to talk about at the game if it is as riveting as today's game...

Shocked
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread Empty Re: Sunderland v Stoke City..Matchday Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-07, 6:47 pm

I expect a very different game from the cup game.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-01-07, 6:50 pm

Crouchy been on form but Stoke like Watford seem to be in freefall. Lets make sure it continues next week.

Looking forward to it.

Apart from today its been strange coming away from the SoL happy. Although minor dissapointment we didnt get 3 against Liverpool.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2017-01-07, 7:08 pm

We usually get beat at Stoke and win up here so going for a much needed 3 points for us.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-12, 5:20 pm

CASH TURNSTILES FOR STOKE CITY CLASH
Sunderland AFC face Stoke City in the Premier League this Saturday, as the Black Cats bid to continue their recently impressive home form.
The Lads face The Potters in a 3pm kick off, and tickets for the game are still available from the ticket office priced at £25 for adults, £19 for over 65s, £16 for under 22s and just £10 for under 16s.
Cash turnstiles will also be in operation, with turnstiles 13 and 14 open from 1.30pm, with admission priced at £30.
Supporters who have purchased a ticket online for this game already and used the ‘print at home’ option, need to ensure they have printed all their tickets in advance and present them at the turnstile
on arrival to the stadium.
HOW TO BUY TICKETS
Online: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(24-hour service)
Telephone: 0871 911 1973 (24-hour service)
In-person: Stadium of Light ticket office, opening hours as listed;
Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm, Saturday, 10am - 1pm, match day, 10am - kick-off

HOSPITALITY
A fantastic range of hospitality options are available for 2016-17, priced from just £55 per person, per game (in the popular Black Cats Bar). For more information on suites, executive boxes and availability, call 0871 911 1555 or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-01-13, 11:46 am

Not sure if I will make tomorrow...a couple more afflictions are manifesting Evil or Very Mad
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-13, 11:49 am

sunderpitt wrote:Not sure if I will make tomorrow...a couple more afflictions are manifesting Evil or Very Mad
Your health is far more important than football, take care

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-13, 4:01 pm

David Moyes has praised his players and the Sunderland fans ahead of Saturday’s game against Stoke City following a superb run of form at the Stadium of Light.
But he doesn’t want it to end this weekend.
The Black Cats have lost just two games on home soil since September – Arsenal and Chelsea returning to the capital with three points – and they've suffered just one defeat in their last six games at the SoL.
On Saturday Mark Hughes’ Potters come to town searching for a first Wearside win in 15 attempts, and speaking pre-match the Scot urged his side to keep that run, and their recent home form, going.
“Long may it continue,” said Moyes when discussing Sunderland’s impressive home form.
“We’ve played a lot better at home and we look as if we’re capable of getting results – we didn’t get them at the start of the season, I think it just came around too quickly – but we’ve settled down and we’re beginning to give the supporters something to shout about.”
He continued: “They’re getting right behind the team as well which is helpful because we need that support, but I think the players also deserve a lot of credit because they’ve turned it around at home.
“I’ve watched Stoke play recently and I think they’re a good team; they also now have a club which is very stable and I don’t think many people think they're a club who could ever be in danger.
“Recently, Peter Crouch has played and he’s played well – everybody knows what he is capable of –  and they’ve also had Walters up front, so in many ways they’ve perhaps gone back to an old Stoke City.
“But we all know they also have Shaqiri, Arnautovic and Afellay so they have another group of a different type of player, but we’re on a good run and we’re on our way

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-01-13, 9:49 pm

Now remember all we have been coming away from the SoL recently in a good mood. A strange phenomenon indeed but remember we also have to lose now and again.

Fortunately tomorrow wont be that time.

Going mad but the day it all comes together and we hit 3 or 4.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-01-14, 8:51 am

In a good mood. Sober for a change but edited my score in J's predictions. I'm going for 5-1 to the mighty SAFC. I appreciate thats very silly cos Stoke probably wont score and it will be 5-0. Very Happy
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-14, 9:04 am

I am in my usual confident mood and fully expect all three points today.
dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer dancer
cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
cat cat cat cat cat cat
ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2017-01-14, 10:11 am

gil t azell wrote:In a good mood. Sober for a change but edited my score in J's predictions. I'm going for 5-1 to the mighty SAFC. I appreciate thats very silly cos Stoke probably wont score and it will be 5-0. Very Happy
That's what happens when you sober up
You do ridiculous things you wouldn't dream of doing when drunk
Take my advice, stay drunk  Razz
Jerry the Jinx
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-01-14, 11:27 am

I'm off now and look forward to reading all the comments about our glorious win non my return.

I would like thoughts on..

• Defoes two goals
  • Rodwells scortching header for the third
  • Vitos fine save from their penalty
  • Adams sending off
  • Moyes knee slide

OK, maybe the knee slide was stretching it.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-01-14, 11:34 am

Mike "I luv sending people off cos I have a book coming out" Dean is the ref.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-01-14, 3:38 pm

Fans leaving after 30 minutes, jesus that helps....
The Yakker
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-01-14, 4:00 pm

wow and oh dear, daft as it seems Defoe's goal now means we are still in this game Shocked

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-01-14, 4:19 pm

barrowmackem wrote:wow and oh dear, daft as it seems Defoe's goal now means we are still in this game Shocked
Short somehow has to find some money for defenders
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-01-14, 4:34 pm

75 mins no subs yet
The Yakker
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-01-14, 4:37 pm

Rodwell apparently just missed a sitter...his statistic continues
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-01-14, 4:55 pm

full game no subs,
Id be asking to leave if i was on bench today
The Yakker
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-01-14, 5:01 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:wow and oh dear, daft as it seems Defoe's goal now means we are still in this game Shocked
Short somehow has to find some money for defenders

Without significant recruitment we will be down and out.... simples.

The goal difference of the bottom three tells it all.

I'm not gloom and doom, just accepting that without 'change'  it is 'unlikely' that we will escape with our usual 38points - 17 games left to get 23 points  i.e. win 50% of remaining games ?????

Over to you Mr Short..........
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-01-14, 5:08 pm

I am looking no further than some very ineffective goalkeeping. All of their goals were savable by a braver goalie.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-01-14, 5:15 pm

Not sure if I was lucky by being under the weather and missing the match...or if it would have better to be there to see for myself what went wrong.

The Echo's ratings are usually a good guide

Just checked then Januzai and Borini were 4s and Mannone was poor

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2017-01-14, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-01-14, 5:23 pm

The Yakker wrote:full game no subs,
Id be asking to leave if i was on bench today
Game gone, cup game on Tuesday and a paper thin squad explains it - but I don't agree with it Mad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum