SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Is Ellis going to shift us or spend

Go down

Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty Is Ellis going to shift us or spend

Post  Guest on 2016-12-28, 2:38 pm

His pockets must be lined enough already surely. All the tv money for 10 yr all the concert money, all the strip sponsor money, all the boarding and general sponsors....made millions and millions....mostly loan signings brought in with parent club paying half. He must of made enough by now.

Back to top Go down

Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty Re: Is Ellis going to shift us or spend

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-12-28, 3:06 pm

Well he isn't going to spend according to Martin Bain so whether Short sticks or twists depends if the right buyer comes along.

Personallly I am still ambivalent about Short selling up as there are potentially many bad, bad owners out there and despite the slaggiing off by many fans I don't think Short IS a bad owner.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Is Ellis going to shift us or spend Empty Re: Is Ellis going to shift us or spend

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-28, 4:06 pm

I'm a simple soul so do t buy all this rich American owner fleecing us stuff.

From what I know and it's not from the media or some clever person miles from the coal face, its from someone very near to the club but not part of the club. Without Shorts investment and continual financial input we wkuld have sunk a few years ago.

Short carries the can for bad decisions, advisors, managers and most of all De Fanti and we are now paying the price.

It's not Shorts refusal to invest in January it's a wage bill at the limit combined with a debt that's crippling us, that bad management I blame on Short and reduving the debt is why I hope we get a good owner.

Many including RR havecrefused to go to games and I respect that choice but cant understand it. It does not harm Short just the tezm that needs our support.

I may of course be wrong, who knows.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-12-28, 4:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I'm a simple soul so do t buy all this rich American owner fleecing us stuff.

From what I know and it's not from the media or some clever person miles from the coal face, its from someone very near to the club but not part of the club. Without Shorts investment and continual financial input we wkuld have sunk a few years ago.

Short carries the can for bad decisions,  advisors, managers and most of all De Fanti  and we are now paying the price.

It's not Shorts refusal to invest in January it's a wage bill at the limit combined with a debt that's crippling us, that bad management I blame on Short and reduving the debt is why I hope we get a good owner.

Many including RR havecrefused to go to games and I respect that choice but cant understand it. It does not harm Short just the tezm that needs our support.

I may of course be wrong, who knows.
Good post syd but I cannot help to think regarding the money that must of went through the club in his time he hasn't gained by it....investing £200million is nothing at this level and there's been 10x gone into the vlub in tv money alone.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-28, 4:48 pm

Being a long suffering fan has made me question a few times why I do it, I dont think I'm alone in that.
With changing owners, managers and players I accepted years ago that losing sleep over Sunderland was not worth while because none of the bastards mentioned ever lost sleep over me so in the main I tend to think, "What will be will be".

I dont go to football to see exciting entertaining games, I am after all a Sunderland fan.
I still enjoy the day out, the banter when we win and the often better banter whdn we lose.
But increasingly I go to get a few hours when I can swith off, match day is prepare breakfast, an eving meal and a packed lunch for Annette then out for a days relaxation with people I really enjoy spending gime with.
No alcohol just a bottle of orange, a chicken wrap, arguecwith lesmack and sunderpit then back home.

Occasionally we get an atmosphere like Chelsea last season or a trip to Wembley, even Short cant take those memories away.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-12-28, 5:07 pm

Imho Short is not a bad owner...nor does he dislike the club and it's fans(unlike say cashley ).

I reckon Sir Naill sold him the idea of having a football club. Unfortunately despite him being, what he must be, to be a billionaire....he has put I estimate about £200m of his own funds into the club....and basically through his and the large number of managers have just hung onto the Premier League...we now have a squad bereft of numbers and quality. I rate Moyes but whether he can make a silk purse out of a sow ear is doubtful.

We also seem to be butting up against  FFP rules. So unless our debt is cleared and we find an increased turnover we are I the mire.

I will however continue to roll up at the SoL as I live in hope...although realist dies rear it's ugly head from time to te.

Will we be sold...?????....to an owner as good as Short ...????
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2016-12-28, 6:17 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Imho Short is not a bad owner...nor does he dislike the club and it's fans(unlike say cashley ).

I reckon Sir Naill sold him the idea of having a football club. Unfortunately despite him being, what he must be, to be a billionaire....he has put I estimate about £200m of his own funds into the club....and basically through his and the large number of managers have just hung onto the Premier League...we now have a squad bereft of numbers and quality. I rate Moyes but whether he can make a silk purse out of a sow ear is doubtful.

We also seem to be butting up against  FFP rules. So unless our debt is cleared and we find an increased turnover we are I the mire.

I will however continue to roll up at the SoL as I live in hope...although realist dies rear it's ugly head from time to te.

Will we be sold...?????....to an owner as good as Short ...????
I the grand scheme of things is £200m peanuts ????
Well it is for the big boys which we can't be no more
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum