SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Newcastle out
Today at 12:06 am by lesmac

» La Vuelta de Espana
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by Hieronymus

» Our best players
Yesterday at 10:46 pm by cyprussyd

» N'Dong to West Ham
Yesterday at 10:29 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Could have been written for SunderMad, off you go..
Yesterday at 10:19 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» It's a while since we talked of Donald J
Yesterday at 10:08 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Grayson bemoans the competition of transfers
Yesterday at 9:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Debate,opinion, conflict
Yesterday at 9:47 pm by Vincemac

» Are we on TV tonight ?
Yesterday at 9:45 pm by Hieronymus

» Leeds, Sunderland in the mix to sign Newcastle United's Grant Hanley,
Yesterday at 7:43 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

oxfordshire

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

President elect DJT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

President elect DJT

Post  vinkel on 2016-12-22, 6:40 pm

Will he last a 4 year term, i'm not sure he will. Just a hunch.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: President elect DJT

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-22, 6:57 pm

Depends on how accurate the shooter is

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-12-22, 7:33 pm

So long as the Republican Party make him look good they will get to do what they want at all levels. If he interferes then the Party will get rid of him.  He is bad for the rest of the world under all circumstances, but so long as USA looks good, to them, none of them will care.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2016-12-22, 7:43 pm

I can remember how we felt about Ronnie Reagan getting the job! What he achieved with Gorbachov was amazing and the changes in Eastern Europe that followed were amazing, though not all good.

I have a feeling that his unorthodox approach to Putin, just might prove to reduce the tension!. Despite his protestations and prevarications during the run up to the election he cant be a stupid man to have been so successful in business. Perhaps his hard-nosed, undiplomatic deal making will bare fruit? Certainly, those he has dealings with from 'establishment' in each country (and his own) will not have seen anything like it before. He is surrounding himself with strong people, again, outside of the usual 'civil service led establishment' that will ignore advice from those who have been seen to fail before.

I fancy his biggest challenge will be to get past the senate and reps houses.

I watch with interest!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-12-23, 12:25 am

Mackemneil wrote:I can remember how we felt about Ronnie Reagan getting the job! What he achieved with Gorbachov was amazing and the changes in Eastern Europe that followed were amazing, though not all good.

I have a feeling that his unorthodox approach to Putin, just might prove to reduce the tension!. Despite his protestations and prevarications during the run up to the election he cant be a stupid man to have been so successful in business. Perhaps his hard-nosed, undiplomatic deal making will bare fruit? Certainly, those he has dealings with from 'establishment' in each country (and his own) will not have seen anything like it before. He is surrounding himself with strong people, again, outside of the usual 'civil service led establishment' that will ignore advice from those who have been seen to fail before.

I watch with interest!
Gawd and some accuse Syd of having rose tinted glasses! Shocked

I hope and pray your positive spin on the election of this terrible man and his even worse (IMO) appointments to his cabinet proves to be right. But I cannot help but believe that the world is a very much more dangerous place with Trump as President and I have visions of him sitting in the Oval Office on the evening of January 20th looking at a map of the world and rubbing his hands together while saying "'Mine, mine, it's all mine now! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-12-23, 12:40 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:I can remember how we felt about Ronnie Reagan getting the job! What he achieved with Gorbachov was amazing and the changes in Eastern Europe that followed were amazing, though not all good.

I watch with interest!

I hope and pray your positive spin on the election of this terrible man and his even worse (IMO) appointments to his cabinet proves to be right. But I cannot help but believe that the world is a very much more dangerous place with Trump as President and I have visions of him sitting in the Oval Office on the evening of January 20th looking at a map of the world and rubbing his hands together while saying "'Mine, mine, it's all mine now! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

Or.......Many have had visions of Obama sitting in the Oval Office in the evenings looking at a map of the world whilst sitting his hands while saying "'Why bother, it's all to hard! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"  Wink

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-12-23, 3:08 am

DJT is hard to follow as I believe he does not know his own mind. His transition team are probably making their choices and are able to sell their choices to him quite easily as he does not fully understand what they are foisting onto the world. The signs so far are that those appointments are unknown factors with no previous political background.

Tweeting on nuclear expansion after meeting with the heads of US military who obviously pitched for an upgrade of equipment costing billions contradicts with the what the US has been striving to achieve from Reagan onwards.  Still maintain that so long as he looks good, the world can pay the price in the longer term.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-12-23, 10:14 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

I watch with interest!

Or.......Many have had visions of Obama sitting in the Oval Office in the evenings looking at a map of the world whilst sitting his hands while saying "'Why bother, it's all to hard! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"  Wink
I agree Obama's presidency has not been perfect and I, and many Americans i expect,  hoped for more but 32 million Americans now have health insurance who did not have it before and if he had more support in the House and Senate it would have been an even better Bill.

Obama made the environment, and tackling climate change, a priority in a country full of deniers and fossil fuel magnates.

He made gay marriage legal despite opposition from 'Christian' fundamentalists and rednecks across the USA.

He re-regulated the financial sector, holding banks to account despite the efforts of the financial institutions to absolve themeselves from responsibility for the 2007 crash, something we in the UK have failed to do.

Significant achievements I would say, and all very hard to do for the first black president who the "estalishment" fought aginst at every turn.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2016-12-23, 11:44 am

Agree H on Obama, he had to fight hard for change in areas that the establishment did not want. He even tried to fight the gun lobby!

Every president has an impact, positive or negative , Iwasnt attempting to only see Trump through rose-tinted glasses, but in difficult times I always look for the positives. If Putin had been faced with a president who was openly anti Russian we would continue to head toward another Cold War. Putin doesn't know what to expect!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-12-24, 8:24 pm

Hieronymus wrote:He made gay marriage legal despite opposition from 'Christian' fundamentalists and rednecks across the USA. 
He re-regulated the financial sector, holding banks to account despite the efforts of the financial institutions to absolve themeselves from responsibility for the 2007 crash, something we in the UK have failed to do.

Significant achievements I would say, and all very hard to do for the first black president who the "estalishment" fought aginst at every turn.

The people of the USA voted & as I believe in democracy, I respect there decision to chose as I did the Brexit vote.

We could argue the semantics of achievements or lack of with miss-information garnered from self serving lobbyists or journalists till the end of time should we so chose but to what gain.

The USA will see change, loses for some which might be a good thing whilst hopes and dreams for others.

I'll reserve my right not to prejudge until we see if Mr Trump can improve the lives of those living in the USA.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum