SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Wetherspoons and Macdonalds
Social Media EmptyYesterday at 9:53 pm by Steve30000

» Not what we need right now
Social Media EmptyYesterday at 4:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Hope is all we have
Social Media EmptyYesterday at 9:21 am by wanderer

» Expert panel to assess face mask use by public
Social Media Empty2020-04-03, 12:10 am by Steve30000

» Italy extends emergency measures nationwide
Social Media Empty2020-04-02, 8:11 pm by Nostalgic

» Vulnerabilities !
Social Media Empty2020-04-02, 1:00 pm by cyprussyd

» It would get my vote
Social Media Empty2020-04-02, 5:20 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Boris Johnson to send us letters
Social Media Empty2020-04-01, 11:45 am by Sid MCFC

» Think about this before you reply
Social Media Empty2020-04-01, 11:36 am by canary-dave

» Dave health update
Social Media Empty2020-04-01, 1:19 am by canary-dave


Social Media

Go down

Social Media Empty Social Media

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-12-16, 10:31 pm

For once I am thankful for it by finding out that one of the wife's cousins has recently lost a daughter to cancer via another relative who is on Facebook.  Wife was going to phone this weekend for a progress report so now she can leave it over until a less stressful time.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Social Media Empty Re: Social Media

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-16, 10:47 pm

Very sorry to hear that noz, the big C seems to take most of us, I will give her a thought during tomorrow's minutes silence.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50402
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Social Media Empty Re: Social Media

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-12-16, 11:39 pm

Sorry to hear your sad news Nos. Cancer is indiscriminate and so cruel Crying or Very sad

I agree with you about social media though. Personally I think probably around 95% of everything posted on Facebook etc is completely unnecessary and frivolous, yet the other 5% passes on important information quickly, which is so useful at times.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10423
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Social Media Empty Re: Social Media

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-12-16, 11:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Very sorry to hear that noz, the big C seems to take most of us, I will give her a thought during tomorrow's minutes silence.
Thanks for that Syd, a mid-forties mother from a loving family whose parents are devastated by this. One of the better parts of our memories of her though is our first contact at a family wedding about fifteen years ago when she and wife had a right old chinwag.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Social Media Empty Re: Social Media

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-12-16, 11:45 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Sorry to hear your sad news Nos. Cancer is indiscriminate and so cruel Crying or Very sad

I agree with you about social media though. Personally I think probably around 95% of everything posted on Facebook etc is completely unnecessary and frivolous, yet the other 5% passes on important information quickly, which is so useful at times.
Had it not been for second hand info via FB use the wife would have blundered.  As it is for now, at least we could send a e-message of sympathy and left it open for them to let us know when we could contact.

Modern communication at its best and certainly most useful.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4397
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Social Media Empty Re: Social Media

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum