SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
A Clique EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
A Clique Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
A Clique Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
A Clique Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
A Clique Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
A Clique Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
A Clique Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
A Clique Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
A Clique Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
A Clique Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

A Clique

Go down

A Clique Empty A Clique

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-15, 11:26 am

At last night game I had a conversation about SunderMad and a comment was made,"We are a clique".

I gave my opinion on it but I would be interested in other views, good or bad, we only improve with honesty.

But what is a clique?

in the social sciences, is a group of individuals who interact with one another and share similar interests.[1] Interacting with cliques is part of normative social development regardless of gender, ethnicity or popularity. Although cliques are most commonly studied during adolescence and middle childhood development, they exist in all age groups. Typically, people in a clique will not have a complete open friend group, and can therefore "ban" members of the clique if they do something that is considered unacceptable, such as talking to someone generally disliked by the clique. People that are part of a clique are bonded together through shared and similar social characteristics such as race, ethnicity, economic status and physical appearance.[2]

Being part of a clique is usually seen as a norm in society regardless of status. Cliques are most likely prevalent during teenage years, but are found in other age groups. Cliques may be formed among, for example, athletes, nerds, workmates, fraternities, sororities and cheerleaders. Cohesive factors may include ethnicity, similar interest and physical appearance. Members of a clique often isolate themselves as a group and tend to view the clique as superior to anyone outside the clique.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

A Clique Empty Re: A Clique

Post  canary-dave on 2016-12-15, 12:37 pm

I think it depends on whether you're on the inside looking out or on the outside looking in.

If you're on the outside a clique is a group of people who would not welcome you into their group; similarly if you're on the inside then you tend not to welcome non members to your clique.

Personally I don't think either side describes Sundermad, I think we are a group of predominantly gentle people that enjoy a friendly debate on some shared passions!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-12-15, 2:11 pm

I am surely member of several 'cliques' Sundermad may well be one, i.e. it is generally women and men of shall we say certain age, who by and large do not indulge in too much keyboard warrior bollocks. RTG is quite a large forum, but can be quite tiresome, not606 is okay at times cos lots of other fans from other teams get on it.

Another clique I am a member of is the curmudgeons that make up about 30 seniors in my golf club...

Another clique is the friday night boozers who put the world to rights at the pub.

So long live cliques is all i can say...personally i would like to members of others.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2016-12-15, 2:30 pm

cyprussyd wrote:At last night game I had a conversation about SunderMad and a comment was made,"We are a clique".

I gave my opinion on it but I would be interested in other views, good or bad, we only improve with honesty.

But what is a clique?

in the social sciences, is a group of individuals who interact with one another and share similar interests.[1] Interacting with cliques is part of normative social development regardless of gender, ethnicity or popularity. Although cliques are most commonly studied during adolescence and middle childhood development, they exist in all age groups. Typically, people in a clique will not have a complete open friend group, and can therefore "ban" members of the clique if they do something that is considered unacceptable, such as talking to someone generally disliked by the clique. People that are part of a clique are bonded together through shared and similar social characteristics such as race, ethnicity, economic status and physical appearance.[2]

Being part of a clique is usually seen as a norm in society regardless of status. Cliques are most likely prevalent during teenage years, but are found in other age groups. Cliques may be formed among, for example, athletes, nerds, workmates, fraternities, sororities and cheerleaders. Cohesive factors may include ethnicity, similar interest and physical appearance. Members of a clique often isolate themselves as a group and tend to view the clique as superior to anyone outside the clique.
Yeh I suppose this site is a clique 
However we go against the norm and would invite all comers into our conversation
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-15, 3:17 pm

I think we are to nice, it was once said go me I dont agree with you but I would never tell you that because I like you.

We are allowed to disagree just not abuse. One of the members on here I probably disagree with the most is sunderpit, we argue a lot but, we say hello and shake hands before every game and never fall out, disagreement is good.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-12-15, 3:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I think we are  to nice, it was once said go me I dont agree with you but I would never tell you that because I like you.

We are allowed to disagree just not abuse. One of the members on here I probably disagree with the most is sunderpit, we argue a lot but, we say hello and shake hands before every game and never fall out, disagreement is good.

No it's not!

tounge dsn

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-15, 3:49 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I think we are  to nice, it was once said go me I dont agree with you but I would never tell you that because I like you.

No it's not!

tounge dsn

A number of people have suggest a lower league board so you can chat to yourself

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-12-15, 3:54 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:

No it's not!

tounge dsn

A number of people have suggest a lower league board so you can chat to yourself

I often do on here Syd, it's astounding how often my response brings a thread to a close  Sad

The one that surprised me most was no response at all to the death of Greg Lake last week!  Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2016-12-15, 4:03 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:

No it's not!

tounge dsn

I often do on here Syd, it's astounding how often my response brings a thread to a close  Sad

The one that surprised me most was no response at all to the death of Greg Lake last week!  Very Happy
For whatever reason CD I missed that post. Great musician inc when with ELP but never ever liked that Xmas record. Preferred "Daddy" which I thought was superb. Still R.I.P. to the bloke.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-12-15, 4:07 pm

gil t azell wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:

No it's not!

tounge dsn

For whatever reason CD I missed that post. Great musician inc when with ELP but never ever liked that Xmas record. Preferred "Daddy" which I thought was superb. Still R.I.P. to the bloke.

I'm a fan of Carl Palmer, loved the drumming on "Fanfare"  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2016-12-15, 4:12 pm

wow never entered my head must have it well and truly in the sand then.  rendeer santa

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2016-12-15, 4:14 pm

I agree with Vince at #4.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2016-12-15, 6:19 pm

When I joined as a new member not so long ago I never thought that and still don't, I was made to feel more than welcome Very Happy Very Happy
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-12-15, 6:31 pm

We are a clique but one that is warm and inclusive to all who are prepared to accept our 'norm' of friendly, respectful debate and comment, without abuse. Personally I call it having a grown up network of friends! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-12-15, 6:43 pm

This is about as ladylike, gentlemanly and as polite as it comes, occupied by people who were around before hatred, envy and violence were introduced into football.

My kind of clique if there is one, but we always have room for more.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2016-12-15, 7:20 pm

Can't see why we are seen as a clique....

and everyone who does join this forum is always made welcome
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-12-15, 10:03 pm

Oh **** off. We know you know where we live so we'd never disagree with you oh mighty one   crawl

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-15, 10:37 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Oh **** off. We know you know where we live so we'd never disagree with you oh mighty one   crawl

Your name is in my little black book

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-12-15, 10:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

and yours mine.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-15, 10:47 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

pen pals

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-12-15, 11:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

pen pals

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-12-16, 12:30 am

After a long time of not signing in and posting for various reasons, I have to come clean to say that I was the person that spoke to Syd last night at the match about cliques. All the replies to Syd's question seem to agree that Sundermad does have a clique mentality but is a warm and welcoming place to visit, and so it is. However, Syd and I did disagree on some issues and had a very interesting 10 minutes discussing them before the kick off. Part of the conversation involved me saying to Syd that his post some time ago about the drop in the number of posts hit a nerve and made me feel somewhat guilty about my lack of posting although I decided not to mention that to him last night.

I will not deny that I do dislike some things that happen; or don't happen; things that are some times said; or left unsaid. I'm not going to mention these things at present but would like to ask members if they are prepared to mention issues that they may have but have kept quiet about them. I'm not asking for a slagging match to evolve, just general points that cause unhappiness or concern. I do promise that when the thread dies then I will be specific and give more detail of those the issues mentioned above.

It is nice to have decided to come back and post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-12-16, 2:07 am

lesmac wrote:After a long time of not signing in and posting for various reasons, I have to come clean to say that I was the person that spoke to Syd last night at the match about cliques. All the replies to Syd's question seem to agree that Sundermad does have a clique mentality but is a warm and welcoming place to visit, and so it is. However, Syd and I did disagree on some issues and had a very interesting 10 minutes discussing them before the kick off. Part of the conversation involved me saying to Syd that his post some time ago about the drop in the number of posts hit a nerve and made me feel somewhat guilty about my lack of posting although I decided not to mention that to him last night.

I will not deny that I do dislike some things that happen; or don't happen; things that are some times said; or left unsaid. I'm not going to mention these things at present but would like to ask members if they are prepared to mention issues that they may have but have kept quiet about them. I'm not asking for a slagging match to evolve, just general points that cause unhappiness or concern. I do promise that when the thread dies then I will be specific and give more detail of those the issues mentioned above.

Hiya Les, 
Nice post, if I can say that ya old B*****d Wink  

For me it depends upon time constraints so it can be a bit hot & cold (Not getting the pip with someone or a subject). 

I'll hold my hand up & admit that I've not contributed to a thread when the subject matter has been of a completely opposite view of mine or subject that causes sorrow, even going to the extent of inquiring as to whether we have an ignore option to place on a thread under personal options, alas to no avail so I took some concrete pills  Crying or Very sad

That said my poor humor has probably upset a member at some stage  Suspect

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-12-16, 7:29 am

lesmac wrote:After a long time of not signing in and posting for various reasons, I have to come clean to say that I was the person that spoke to Syd last night at the match about cliques. All the replies to Syd's question seem to agree that Sundermad does have a clique mentality but is a warm and welcoming place to visit, and so it is. However, Syd and I did disagree on some issues and had a very interesting 10 minutes discussing them before the kick off. Part of the conversation involved me saying to Syd that his post some time ago about the drop in the number of posts hit a nerve and made me feel somewhat guilty about my lack of posting although I decided not to mention that to him last night.

Welcome back Les. Good post BTW

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum