SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:15 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:44 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 76
Yesterday at 11:23 pm by Hieronymus

» A heart warming win.. next target?
Yesterday at 7:43 pm by barrowmackem

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 5:18 pm by gil t azell

» Thoroughly ashamed
Yesterday at 5:15 pm by gil t azell

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Yesterday at 2:07 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
2017-12-16, 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
2017-12-16, 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, canary-dave, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Earthquake and Tsunami Alert in New Zealand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Earthquake and Tsunami Alert in New Zealand

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-11-13, 2:06 pm

Hoping all our dear Sundermadders and their families and friends in Kiwi land are okay Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: Earthquake and Tsunami Alert in New Zealand

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-13, 3:03 pm

Indeed yes, at least we cant blame climate change, Donald taught us that

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-11-13, 6:57 pm

All quiet on the north end of the North Island as we are just waking up to this on Monday morning and there are mainly aerial shots on the TV at the minute but some of land slips look bad and are cutting off the main arterial motorway on the coast of the South Island. Not a big population area so only two fatalities so far and the good folk of the area are helping each other out as usual. Doubtless it will figure on your news later but is is reasonably calm away from the coastal areas.

I now see that the danger of a tsunami has been downgraded but still keep away from the coastal areas.

As the local MP said "we'll just keep calm and carry on".

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-13, 8:16 pm

My family are all safe here & our home appears fine. Friends property hasn't been so lucky & are staying with others.

I was in town in the early hours to check as our commercial alarms had gone off & the shops etc. seemed fine. Hundreds of people in the streets outside. McDonald s had a queue at 2am...lol

Three Inter-island ferries are mourned in the harbour unable to dock as the ferry wharf is damaged & the railways are closed for inspection. Schools are closed pending inspection.

An uneasy night with many aftershocks that are continuing. Very tired tbh.

Nos: Who said As the local MP said "we'll just keep calm and carry on" as I'm interested to know.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-11-13, 10:45 pm

Glad to hear from you guys and happy that you and your families are okay. Hope the aftershocks don't cause any further damage and things get back to normal for you asap. Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-14, 10:31 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:My family are all safe here & our home appears fine. Friends property hasn't been so lucky & are staying with others.

I was in town in the early hours to check as our commercial alarms had gone off & the shops etc. seemed fine. Hundreds of people in the streets outside. McDonald s had a queue at 2am...lol

Three Inter-island ferries are mourned in the harbour unable to dock as the ferry wharf is damaged & the railways are closed for inspection. Schools are closed pending inspection.

Nos: Who said As the local MP said "we'll just keep calm and carry on" as I'm interested to know.
Keep safe my friend

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-11-14, 7:09 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:My family are all safe here & our home appears fine. Friends property hasn't been so lucky & are staying with others.

Sorry I missed that until now. MP for Kaikoura and it was during a radio interview broadcast on Channel 1 yesterday morning.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-14, 9:03 pm

Nostalgic wrote:

Sorry I missed that until now. MP for Kaikoura and it was during a radio interview broadcast on Channel 1 yesterday morning.

Cheers.

Ps. EX-MP next year!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum