SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V LEEDS- Matchday Thread
Today at 12:30 am by lesmac

» Condolences Vince
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by silvers

» Next Carlisle(Tuesday cup) and Barnsley(Saturday) away
Yesterday at 9:55 pm by cyprussyd

» If you read nothing else today you must read this
Yesterday at 9:04 pm by Nostalgic

» Results - Midweek
Yesterday at 4:49 pm by Mackemneil

» Friends, Mackems and Sunderpitt
Yesterday at 3:24 pm by sunderpitt

» Right at the back of your mind
Yesterday at 1:45 pm by The Yakker

» Everton ,,,,, Bradley ,,,,,,
Yesterday at 11:14 am by Hieronymus

» League Table - Midweek
Yesterday at 10:33 am by Billy D

»  ‘Click & Collect’
Yesterday at 12:42 am by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Is Corbyn right

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Corbyn right

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-12, 6:27 pm

Jeremy Corbyn Accuses Tories Of Being As Bad As Donald Trump In Major ‘Wake-Up Call’ SpeechA stunning intervention.

12/11/2016 00:02

Aubrey Allegretti Politics Reporter, HuffPost UK

The Labour leader will make his comments in a speech on Saturday

Jeremy Corbyn has accused senior Conservative politicians of being as bad asDonald Trump in a major intervention after the US election this week. 

He attacked the Government for “opening the door to Ukip” and blasted it for “fanning the flames of fear”, likening its stance to that of the new Republican President-elect. 

In a speech on Saturday, Corbyn is due to deliver his “global wake-up call”, saying that in Britain and the US people who feel left behind will be failed by their leaders. 

He will tell Labour’s South East regional conference in Kent: “Donald Trumptapped into real problems: stagnating or falling wages, underfunded public services, insecure work and housing, years of being left behind and neglected, frustration that your children’s prospects look bleaker, and anger at a political elite that doesn’t listen.

“But instead of offering real solutions or the resources to make them work, he offered only someone to blame – everyone, that is, apart from those who are actually responsible for a broken economy and a failed political system.

“The Tories do the same. They have opened the door to Ukip and fanned the flames of fear. Nigel Farage blames immigrants, yet offers not a single proposal to put a penny more into the NHS. He actually wants to privatise our NHS, a service that now relies on hard-working migrants to keep going.”

Corbyn will also draw a comparison between Trump and the Conservative Party, saying the two offer slogans but no solutions.

He will say: “There is a common thread of experience for tens of millions of people in the US and UK. In both countries, people feel left behind: marginalised and disrespected by an economic system that makes them work harder for less, while hoovering up ever greater rewards for a small elite.

Corbyn accused Theresa May’s Conservatives of offering no solutions to hard-pressed Britons

“People are right to be angry: our failed economic system is delivering falling living standards and rising inequality. Young people today find it ever harder to get a home of their own, harder to find good secure jobs, landed in lifelong debt simply for trying to get an education.

“We have no idea how Donald Trump proposes to ‘make America great again’, and Theresa May’s Tories offer slogans, but no solutions, for most people in Britain.”

He will finish by saying: “We won’t tackle the damage done by elite globalisation just by leaving the EU. We won’t ‘take back control’ unless we take on the corporate vested interests that control our energy, our transport and have infiltrated our public services.

“One thing is for sure: neither billionaire Donald Trump nor the billionaire-backed Tories have any interest in giving people back control or reining in the predatory excesses of a globalised free-for-all.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Corbyn right

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-11-12, 7:22 pm

In a word... YES!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2016-11-12, 8:08 pm

well we now have right wing Govts on both sides of the pond..... not a good mix..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-11-12, 8:16 pm

Of course he is dead right about the Conservative anti-Euro stance but like the US vote the Brexit situation came about by apathy. Ten million failed to vote in Brexit, tens of millions did not vote in the States and the rest have to live with the result.

When the US President has a mutual admiration affair with Farage it is a result of apathy and nothing else.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2016-11-13, 5:40 pm

There has to be balances made regarding immigration and the massive cultural change that is causing an identity crisis in the UK and most of the western world.. 
Trumps views on banning all people from entering their country is as bad as Corbyn's idea of having no limitations and not recognising that issues even exist..
The answer lies somewhere in between these two extremes..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-13, 6:20 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:There has to be balances made regarding immigration and the massive cultural change that is causing an identity crisis in the UK and most of the western world.. 
Trumps views on banning all people from entering their country is as bad as Corbyn's idea of having no limitations and not recognising that issues even exist..

Didn't listen to him on the Marr show then

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2016-11-15, 3:17 am

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:There has to be balances made regarding immigration and the massive cultural change that is causing an identity crisis in the UK and most of the western world.. 

No I didn't, but I have heard him on many other occasions, so know exactly where he stands on these issues.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-15, 7:28 am

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

No I didn't, but I have heard him on many other occasions, so know exactly where he stands on these issues.
Pity, he was asked directly and was very clear and is very aware of the issue.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2016-11-15, 8:49 am

To me he always looks like he needs a shower.
What a scruffy tw@t he is.
He looked like a tramps sock on Sunday.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-15, 10:11 am

Billy D wrote:To me he always looks like he needs a shower.
Really,  smart suit, hair cut, mind I accept he is not the smart suited politician we are used to  you know, the ones who got us in the state we are in.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2016-11-15, 10:44 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Really,  smart suit, hair cut, mind I accept he is not the smart suited politician we are used to  you know, the ones who got us in the state we are in.
His suit looked like it had been in the loft for ten years.
His tie was skew whiff.
And he hasn't a clue what a razor is.
I've seen the homeless better turned out.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-15, 2:23 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
His suit looked like it had been in the loft for ten years.
His tie was skew whiff.
And he hasn't a clue what a razor is.
I've seen the homeless better turned out.
Cant agree but maybe its the times we live in where people want image rather than substance.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum