SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Results of week 9 and fixtures for week10
Today at 11:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Martin Bain on Simon Grayson
Today at 7:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Morrisons Jarrow
Today at 7:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Manager Sacked
Today at 7:35 pm by Nostalgic

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 6:04 pm by Hieronymus

» The way forward
Today at 12:15 pm by vinkel

» I had a dream
Today at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Clinton Trump

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Clinton Trump

Post  vinkel on 2016-11-09, 3:29 pm

In hindsight it shouldn't have come as such a shock, forget the polls and the so called in the knows. When the man in the street was asked it was apparent Trump was working the people successfully whereas Clinton was way out of touch with the ordinary man. too much showbiz and glitz. And that man Farage predicted it. It's going to be interesting.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2016-11-09, 3:45 pm

I have shed a tear or two today over this..I really fear for the future of the planet for my children..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-09, 3:58 pm

The problem we all have MrRaw is that none of us have a clue what a Trump presidency will be like, we do however know that statesmanlike and diplomatic it wont be.

lm still scratch7ng my head trying to figure out howbit happened.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2016-11-09, 5:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The problem we all have MrRaw is that none of us have a clue what a Trump presidency will be like, we do however know that statesmanlike and diplomatic it wont be.

I just see his statement that he will not abide by international agreements on climate change and carbon reductions and will open up carbon producing energy sources again..Seeing as the USA is already the biggest carbon producer, this is catastrophic news for the future of our planet..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2016-11-09, 5:15 pm

Just been on the news that Clinton has actually won the popular vote, which just rubs salt in the wounds for me..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-09, 5:15 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:The problem we all have MrRaw is that none of us have a clue what a Trump presidency will be like, we do however know that statesmanlike and diplomatic it wont be.

I just see his statement that he will not abide by international agreements on climate change and carbon reductions and will open up carbon producing energy sources again..Seeing as the USA is already the biggest carbon producer, this is catastrophic news for the future of our planet..
He will need a presidential hair net when he travels by helicopter

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-11-09, 5:33 pm

If people were to be honest this is not an election of a man who will deliver anything substantial but purely a poke in the eye for the Establishment.

He got the Republican nomination by default but because they had done such a non-stop job on her lack of honesty, Benghazi and interference at crucial times they now have a President that they will have to either tame or get rid of in the name of progress.

Time will tell if this happens but my take on this one is that America has got what they wanted to detriment of the world. A visit to You Tube on his historic dealings with Alex Salmond is worth the trip.

Early days yet but it will be interesting just how and when he comes up with his election promises.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-11-09, 6:11 pm

Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub have all been Trumpt On!   Very Happy

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-09, 8:16 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:

Without checking I'd have thought it was China but I'm sure someone whose got the time will check. Having spent time there as well as India & the USA a number of times in the past year I can tell you which country appears to be the cleanest.

Syd....You'll be just fine and it happened because the people of the USA had lost faith in the establishment to improve the lives of all rather than a few.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-11-09, 10:27 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:

Without checking I'd have thought it was China but I'm sure someone whose got the time will check. Having spent time there as well as India & the USA a number of times in the past year I can tell you which country appears to be the cleanest.

Syd....You'll be just fine and it happened because the people of the USA had lost faith in the establishment to improve the lives of all rather than a few.
You are correct it is China, with the USA second but I think Mr RAW's argument is still valid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And yes the blue collar white working class rose up against the establishment but how could they choose someone who owes EVERYTHING he has to the establishment he purports to reject?

Trump is not a self made man as he claims but he IS a rabid liar, a racist, a misogynist, a sociopathinc bully and a sexual predator. He is also a bankrupt and has paid no tax for years, yet he was trusted more than Clinton with the US economy! 

Sadly I know without a shadow of a doubt that the 'forgotten' white people who voted him in (as well as the black, Hispanic and other minorities that clearly did not vote Trump) will be the ones who will suffer when his policies, whatever they are, are implemented. Change is what many wanted and change is what they will get, but I fear this will be a prima facie case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

Very sad and depressed today at the world my grandson and new granddaughter face growing up in  Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-11-10, 12:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is as close t spot on as you can get.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-10, 1:30 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:

You are correct it is China, with the USA second but I think Mr RAW's argument is still valid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And yes the blue collar white working class rose up against the establishment but how could they choose someone who owes EVERYTHING he has to the establishment he purports to reject?

Trump is not a self made man as he claims but he IS a rabid liar, a racist, a misogynist, a sociopathinc bully and a sexual predator. He is also a bankrupt and has paid no tax for years, yet he was trusted more than Clinton with the US economy! 

Sadly I know without a shadow of a doubt that the 'forgotten' white people who voted him in (as well as the black, Hispanic and other minorities that clearly did not vote Trump) will be the ones who will suffer when his policies, whatever they are, are implemented. Change is what many wanted and change is what they will get, but I fear this will be a prima facie case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

Very sad and depressed today at the world my grandson and new granddaughter face growing up in  Crying or Very sad

Cheers H for confirming my off-handed suspicion. 

Ps. There cities are so polluted that it can be difficult to see the next block and in the rural areas, rivers can nearly be walked across!

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-10, 1:36 am

Nostalgic wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I watched that last night & listened intently.

However once reading the exit polls today 2012 v 2016 the facts state that Trump not only increased the Republican vote for Hispanics & African Americans but more importantly the under 30's.

It seems the only thing anyone can agree on is that the theory behind "Polling" is seriously flawed. A number have said that traditional "cold call" etc. to a landline is no longer valid because young people have cellphones & not a landline. I could have told them that!

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-11-10, 12:36 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I watched that last night & listened intently.

However once reading the exit polls today 2012 v 2016 the facts state that Trump not only increased the Republican vote for Hispanics & African Americans but more importantly the under 30's.

It seems the only thing anyone can agree on is that the theory behind "Polling" is seriously flawed. A number have said that traditional "cold call" etc. to a landline is no longer valid because young people have cellphones & not a landline. I could have told them that!
Re- Hispanics and African Americans voting for Trump - I heard an interview with a black guy last night who voted for Trump and (paraphrasing) he said basically there is not much difference between what a poor white guy and a poor black guy want. A job, a roof over their head and the ability to feed their family - and, rightly or wrongly, those are the feelings that Trump tapped into.

Re polling -  I have read that polling systems are based on 'traditonal' 20th century demographics and technology and this does not fit with the modern world. How many people even answer their landline these days as they are almost all calls about PPI or double glazing etc? 
My guess is only over 50's probably now use a landline for anything, and that age group could well be classed as more conservative (small 'c') than the younger generation. So this will skew any polling data collected by cold calls.

For instance my son had to have a landline in his flat to get internet but he has never plugged a phone in - he always uses his mobile/Facebook Messenger/Skype/Whatsapp for communicating.  So if they wanted to poll his views they need to do it by text or online.

But surely it does not take a genius to create algorithms that take account of all methods - social media, text, landline etc?  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Hieronymus on 2016-11-10, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-10, 1:05 pm

I have said a few times that looking at Trump, Farage is looking at the outcome and not the cause. 

There are lot's of people, I'm one, who are disolutioned with the established political system and desperately want change.

Trump and Farage are not the solution but they are change. Here in the UK we have Corby and many are saying he is unelectable but they could well be surprised.  The Conservative party have a new leader who said all the right th7ngs 8n the steps of Downing Street but her acti8ns dont back up her words.

If Trump can win 7n America I'm sure Corbyn can win here, and the polls, well we know how accurate they can be.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2016-11-10, 1:50 pm

I suppose I should have added per capita when I stated that the USA were the largest carbon producers which is what I meant.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-10, 8:06 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I suppose I should have added per capita when I stated that the USA were the largest carbon producers which is what I meant.

....bloody keyboards...lol

I looked it up out of interest & depending on the year (2010/2014) it's actually Qatar or Bahrain per capita! 

On a side note I was surprised to see Australia right up there, now that blew me away but India on volume at No 4 certainly didn't. (1. China 2. USA 3. Eu 4. India)

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-10, 8:14 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Re- Hispanics and African Americans voting for Trump - I heard an interview with a black guy last night who voted for Trump and (paraphrasing) he said basically there is not much difference between what a poor white guy and a poor black guy want. A job, a roof over their head and the ability to feed their family - and, rightly or wrongly, those are the feelings that Trump tapped into.
Re polling -  I have read that polling systems are based on 'traditonal' 20th century demographics and technology and this does not fit with the modern world. How many people even answer their landline these days as they are almost all calls about PPI or double glazing etc? 
My guess is only over 50's probably now use a landline for anything, and that age group could well be classed as more conservative (small 'c') than the younger generation. So this will skew any polling data collected by cold calls.

For instance my son had to have a landline in his flat to get internet but he has never plugged a phone in - he always uses his mobile/Facebook Messenger/Skype/Whatsapp for communicating.  So if they wanted to poll his views they need to do it by text or online.

But surely it does not take a genius to create algorithms that take account of all methods - social media, text, landline etc?  Rolling Eyes

Your opening sentence pretty much sums up what I was being told a couple of months back. Really sad & made me reflect on no matter how hard things have been for my family this past 18 months many of these poor soles are just looking for a glimmer of hope.

You & I should start a "101 Research Company" we'd make a killing by just using common sense   jocolor

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-11-10, 8:44 pm

My fear is that with the Republican control of all aspects of political power is that they will strive to keep him in the White House  by feeding his ego but run the country however they want. So long as he is looking good he would not care less about the working man.

Everybody may be paying less tax but they will be paying more to live.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-11-10, 8:55 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Re- Hispanics and African Americans voting for Trump - I heard an interview with a black guy last night who voted for Trump and (paraphrasing) he said basically there is not much difference between what a poor white guy and a poor black guy want. A job, a roof over their head and the ability to feed their family - and, rightly or wrongly, those are the feelings that Trump tapped into.

Your opening sentence pretty much sums up what I was being told a couple of months back. Really sad & made me reflect on no matter how hard things have been for my family this past 18 months many of these poor soles are just looking for a glimmer of hope.

You & I should start a "101 Research Company" we'd make a killing by just using common sense   jocolor
I have learned over the years that common sense is not very common!!  Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-11, 12:22 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Correction. I AM UNIQUELY SPECIAL then Sleep

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-11-11, 4:16 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Correction. I AM UNIQUELY SPECIAL then Sleep
That is a chat up line in the world of "H"

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2016-11-11, 10:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/