SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY
I understand EmptyToday at 3:19 am by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole
I understand EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
I understand Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
I understand Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
I understand Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
I understand Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
I understand Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
I understand Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
I understand Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
I understand Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac


I understand

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I understand Empty I understand

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-10-29, 5:35 pm

Honest, I really do understand the hurt, anger, worry, depression and whatever word describes you right now.

I listened to radio Newcastle before the game and a man from A Love Supreme,  he summed up my feelings perfectly. 

We know we are in a mess, have big problems and a poor squad. 
We knew before kick off today that Arsenal had far better quality in every position.

But where do we go from here, well I move on to the next game in the expectation of taking all three points. I then do it all again, any other option would leave me thinking, "What's the point".

Sunderland are my team, I will be tuned in for every away game and at the stadium for every home game, thats just how it is.

We are suffering,  Moyes is suffering through past managers buys, we are still paying for players long gone and financial fair play, a small budget and being Sunderland means we wont be seeing 30 mil players joining us any time soon so we basacly suvive or not with what we have  it wont be easy.

Today we did OK against a very good Arsenal side untill we scored. Arsenal scored again and we fell apart.

Silly to say but IMO it is not defence that is our big problem,  its midfield and up front. The ball kept being lost in midfield and when it was pumped forward it just kept coming back. Yes we made mistakes in defence but we just had to much defending to do.

The one thing we must NOT do is sack Moyes, I'm not his biggest fan but we simply must learn, sacking the manager foes not work.

We need

Our best 11 back ASAP
A win from somewhere to lift us all.
A very big slice of luck

We had 45,000 there today and we will sell out for our game away next week. 

I understand if you have given up but for me its keep expecting until all hope is gone.

Enjoy your evening and come on our wee Coxhoe girl Sam

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49131
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Silvers on 2016-10-29, 6:27 pm

Will always be red and white that's not in dispute.

However I really can't see us pulling out of this nosedive.

So why not discuss all possibilities ?

Scenario One
I too also like to be optimistic, but my reality is that  we have another 9 games between now and January 1st;  by then we could be well adrift.
Yes we have Cattermole and Borini to come back at some point but effort will only take us so far...
We are just not good enough. Simples.

Scenario Two
I am optimistic that starting now, we will win every other game and stay up.

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15479
Join date : 2012-08-02

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  oldblackcat on 2016-10-29, 6:29 pm

Today we did OK against a very good Arsenal side untill we scored. Arsenal scored again and we fell apart.




Sums the game up perfectly......we scored and looked as if we believed we could win....they scored again and it looked as if the belief disappeared instantly....I stayed til the end....sadly thousands of others didn't Sad
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2642
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 58
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  gil t azell on 2016-10-29, 6:41 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Today we did OK against a very good Arsenal side untill we scored. Arsenal scored again and we fell apart.




Sums the game up perfectly......we scored and looked as if we believed we could win....they scored again and it looked as if the belief disappeared instantly....I stayed til the end....sadly thousands of others didn't Sad
That was our fault for scoring. Arsenal were quite content until we angered them. B*stards Mad
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5922
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  gil t azell on 2016-10-29, 6:45 pm

I still believe the players arent trying for Moysy. Most are going thru the motions.

Moysys substitutions are baffling. Anichebe was the obvious answer when we equalised to bypass midfield and play route one stuff.

This is how desperate things are I would give Billy Jones our MotM today. Yes even tho some of the goals were down his side. Khazri took the p*ss out of Arsenal layers frequently in the first half but faded in the second.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5922
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-10-29, 6:45 pm

Until we scored Arsenal were in 1st gear...Unfortunately we riled them....most of players are just not good enough...that was crystal clear....

Can we get better Fu*k knows
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7775
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-10-29, 7:39 pm

Horse walks into a bar and says pint of lager please.
Barman says there is your pint.
What's with the long face.
Always time for levity. No ?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  vinkel on 2016-10-29, 7:42 pm

martinhl wrote:Horse walks into a bar and says pint of lager please.
Barman says there is your pint.
What's with the long face.
Always time for levity. No ?
Just when you think things can't get any worse, you pop up.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
vinkel
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2705
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 68
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-10-29, 8:00 pm

Well it is a breath of fresh air to hear from you.
Guess where I was.
All over the dcfcfans.uk. Derby county fans website,
Extolling my skills.
They gave me hell, don't believe me.
But very responsive I must say. Still going on.
Unless one of quits. 
E mailed E Short offering my help as usual.
Yes I have all my own problems as usual.
But thought of you and all the doom and gloom on this site.
And Frank Sinatra's song Did it my way.
Looking back it is all so amusing.
I could solve your problems.
But you also don't believe me.
Feeling better now hopefully are you.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-10-29, 9:55 pm

Today we did OK against a very good Arsenal side untill we scored. Arsenal scored again and we fell apart.


No mate today we scored and yet again sat deeper and deeper as ever, every team in the PL knows how we play when we score. 
Watched the game and to be honest we were very poor all over the pitch and but for a fortunate penalty award we would not have scored. 
Lose our next game and Short like it or not will have no other option but to pull the trigger on Moyes. 
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-10-29, 10:41 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Today we did OK against a very good Arsenal side untill we scored. Arsenal scored again and we fell apart.


No mate today we scored and yet again sat deeper and deeper as ever, every team in the PL knows how we play when we score. 
Watched the game and to be honest we were very poor all over the pitch and but for a fortunate penalty award we would not have scored. 
Lose our next game and Short like it or not will have no other option but to pull the trigger on Moyes. 
And we bring in another manager and so it goes on. I hope not, we need to bite the bullet and dig in IMO

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49131
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Mackemneil on 2016-10-29, 10:58 pm

433 that sometimes reverts to 451 is just not working, our central midfielders are not good enough and Watmore and Khazri are not good enough to defend against teams like Arsenal. We needed to have been in their faces, come on! Rodwell is not a Catts and never will be, Piennar can't get there fast enough, no way a first choice player. Ndong never stopped running, booked again in frustration, tried to close down and Arsenal just passed round him. Januzaj came on and hardly touched the ball and like Watmore and Khazri never going to get in anybodies face.
As a consequence the defence is under undue pressure and weaknesses are exposed. Kone must be regretting signing that contract.
I would dump the idea of wingers and focus on battening down the hatches, alas without Kirchoff, Catts and Borini it will be tough. 
Even think Pickford looked under pressure today, maybe needs a rest!
The next two matches are so important, Bournmouth playing well and will murder us if we play like the last 25 mins. Go get a point, build a wall, that will do. Then beat Hull and plan for new signings if anyone will come!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2349
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 64
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-10-30, 8:25 am

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Today we did OK against a very good Arsenal side untill we scored. Arsenal scored again and we fell apart.


No mate today we scored and yet again sat deeper and deeper as ever, every team in the PL knows how we play when we score. 
Watched the game and to be honest we were very poor all over the pitch and but for a fortunate penalty award we would not have scored. 
Lose our next game and Short like it or not will have no other option but to pull the trigger on Moyes. 
And we bring in another manager and so it goes on. I hope not, we need to bite the bullet and dig in IMO
Agreed mate but we aren't Short and Short only sees the short term picture of staying in the PL. You know, I know and just about everyone on here knows that we have to stop the revolving door in the managers office, we have to get some sort of stability at the club because without it we will continue to drop. Without stability we will not attract decent players, nothing to do with where we are in the country or what shops we have, gone are the days when players lived in Sunderland they now have big apartments in Newcastle or farms in Durham or even nice big houses in Ponteland/Darras Hall. 
Players play for a manager so when that manager gets the hoof they down tools, which is exactly what has happened over the last few seasons. 
Sack Moyes and who do we get? certainly not Sam as some seem to think.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Mackemneil on 2016-10-30, 2:01 pm

talcnturnip wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Today we did OK against a very good Arsenal side untill we scored. Arsenal scored again and we fell apart.


No mate today we scored and yet again sat deeper and deeper as ever, every team in the PL knows how we play when we score. 
Watched the game and to be honest we were very poor all over the pitch and but for a fortunate penalty award we would not have scored. 
Lose our next game and Short like it or not will have no other option but to pull the trigger on Moyes. 
And we bring in another manager and so it goes on. I hope not, we need to bite the bullet and dig in IMO
Agreed mate but we aren't Short and Short only sees the short term picture of staying in the PL. You know, I know and just about everyone on here knows that we have to stop the revolving door in the managers office, we have to get some sort of stability at the club because without it we will continue to drop. Without stability we will not attract decent players, nothing to do with where we are in the country or what shops we have, gone are the days when players lived in Sunderland they now have big apartments in Newcastle or farms in Durham or even nice big houses in Ponteland/Darras Hall. 
Players play for a manager so when that manager gets the hoof they down tools, which is exactly what has happened over the last few seasons. 
Sack Moyes and who do we get? certainly not Sam as some seem to think.
agree like
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2349
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 64
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Silvers on 2016-10-30, 3:41 pm

Without backing, Sam would not have done any better....

I'm expecting Moyes 'to go'.. after all it is the owner's modus operandi;  he thinks he has the magic formula to survive on the lowest possible investment...

If he succeeds this year then Fenwick's window had better watch out ..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15479
Join date : 2012-08-02

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-11-01, 3:55 pm

Hello all.
I may never solve your problems and I may.
But expand my mind and my pick up abilities like steel trap.
They say the brainy guy asks the right question.
37000 posts 15000 posts are these for real.
What is going on here.
That is as many days as you have been alive.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Silvers on 2016-11-01, 4:09 pm

Are you Batman or The Riddler ?

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15479
Join date : 2012-08-02

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-11-01, 4:40 pm

Got some new information of the personal development kind.
Don't expect you to understand.

The brainy guy asks the right question.

I just e mailed E Short.
Very very respectfully, asked.
Why all this in the first place and why do you stick it now.

Guess was heap curious, when you look at the extent,
you lot have been at this.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-01, 8:36 pm

martinhl wrote:Got some new information of the personal development kind.
Don't expect you to understand.

The brainy guy asks the right question.

I just e mailed E Short.
Very very respectfully, asked.
Why all this in the first place and why do you stick it now.

Guess was heap curious, when you look at the extent,
you lot have been at this.

I wanna believe you ain't full of shit, I really do but you really do make it so damn difficult you do.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10363
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 101
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-11-01, 8:41 pm

silvers wrote:Without backing, Sam would not have done any better....

I'm expecting Moyes 'to go'.. after all it is the owner's modus operandi;  he thinks he has the magic formula to survive on the lowest possible investment...

If he succeeds this year then Fenwick's window had better watch out ..
I agree and think the lack of summer investment was a key reason Sam was happy to walk away to the England job, Shame he couldl not keep his mouth shut and get a chance to do that job properly!

I too expect Moyes to be sacked if results do not improve markedly in next few weeks. 

Not sure what the reference to Fenwicks window is about but have the 'flu, so brain is not working well right now  pale
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9941
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-11-01, 8:52 pm

Look I'll shoot from the hip.
I got a lot of talent, a lot of it.
Otherwise I wouldn't keep talking.
An I've told you 50 times and your owner.

YOU ! got to recognize when you see something unique.
But you don't. 
Thought you folks were original up there.
Sure of your own identity, but you don't take a chance.
Same as all the rest.
Crap standard premiereship.
An believe me I am getting closer.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-11-01, 11:25 pm

martinhl wrote:Look I'll shoot from the hip.
I got a lot of talent, a lot of it.
Otherwise I wouldn't keep talking.
An I've told you 50 times and your owner.

YOU ! got to recognize when you see something unique.
But you don't. 
Thought you folks were original up there.
Sure of your own identity, but you don't take a chance.
Same as all the rest.
Crap standard premiereship.
An believe me I am getting closer.
Aye, gobshite c**t.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Silvers on 2016-11-01, 11:25 pm

that Guinness must be strong stuff
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15479
Join date : 2012-08-02

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-11-02, 8:24 am

martinhl wrote:Look I'll shoot from the hip.
I got a lot of talent, a lot of it.
Otherwise I wouldn't keep talking.
An I've told you 50 times and your owner.

YOU ! got to recognize when you see something unique.
But you don't. 
Thought you folks were original up there.
Sure of your own identity, but you don't take a chance.
Same as all the rest.
Crap standard premiereship.
An believe me I am getting closer.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10363
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 101
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Guest on 2016-11-02, 8:26 am

Watch this beautiful you tube clip, came out last week.

Google,  Bush Post Primary Song Ireland.

Your game has no pulse.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I understand Empty Re: I understand

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum