SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Results of week 9 and fixtures for week10
Today at 11:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Martin Bain on Simon Grayson
Today at 7:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Morrisons Jarrow
Today at 7:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Manager Sacked
Today at 7:35 pm by Nostalgic

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 6:04 pm by Hieronymus

» The way forward
Today at 12:15 pm by vinkel

» I had a dream
Today at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

TRUMP, FARAGE, UKIP, BR3XIT, CORBYN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TRUMP, FARAGE, UKIP, BR3XIT, CORBYN

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-10-08, 3:19 pm

Social media and indeed the media in general are full of these, how bad they are, how shocking but, they are not, IMO, the problem, why they are all popular is.

I watched a program on Trumps America, it showed areas in the states that are run down, no hope, forgotten. 
Proud people, hard working people, lost people, Trump supporters.

I can identify with that , I see it all around me.
Thatcher started it, survival of the strongest, mining villages, ship building towns and cities, heavy industry's all deserted.
Blair, IMO, did little to help,  spin doctors sharp suits.
The coalition then Cameron continued it.

Add in war, conflic, Alepo and it's people being wiped from the face of the earth while the world just watches.

The rise of Trump, UKIP, the left are not necessarily a craving for them, it's more a rejection of what we have, what got us here.

Many in America fear that no matter who wins we will see rebellion.  People are stoking up, guns, ammunition,  ready to protect themselves.

Here in the UK things are not that bad, or are they?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TRUMP, FARAGE, UKIP, BR3XIT, CORBYN

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-10-08, 8:53 pm

If ever there was an unsuitable candidate for the White House it is Trump who is basing is platform on changing the government. The so called rust belt was begun over thirty years ago but there was no-one, government or entrepeneur, to fill the gap. He had the opportunity to blow both parties wide open and be a rebel with a lot of people behind him but he is so wrapped up in himself he has blown that. 

The Brexit revolt was an example of people giving a pay back to previous governments, but they still end up with the worst one and in doing so put their lifestyles at risk for the next five years. So it end up and a loss in the long run as Boris will not be in the wings very long.

Not sure about a rebellion in the US but if there is then it should be against/about banking and insurance sector. The US did well enough from the thirties until the eighties, but it was politicians who removed government oversight, just as Thatcher did in the UK.

PS: Trump may have blown it with the revelation about women. What gets to me is he was a sixty year old granddad when he was coming out with those statements. Leader of the Western World - my armpit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum