SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» League Table Week 18
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:50 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 18
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:49 pm by gil t azell

» Predictions New Years Day - and Sat 4th Jan
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 20
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Boxing Day
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predicitons Week 19
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Is it possible
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:22 pm by wanderer

» Maja
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 12:08 pm by Steve30000

» Political debates
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyToday at 10:26 am by wanderer

» Blackpool interest in grigg
'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by Steve30000

'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -

Go down

'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -  Empty 'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' -

Post  Guest on 2016-09-06, 10:43 am

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/i-d-rather-re-sign-jermain-defoe-for-spurs-from-sunderland-than-him-fans-on-adebayor-rumours/story-29688169-detail/story.html?

'I'd rather re-sign Jermain Defoe for Spurs from Sunderland than him' - Fans on Adebayor rumours

t's fair to say that Tottenham Hotspur fans are not exactly delighted with unexpected speculation that Emmanuel Adebayor might return to play for the club.
The 32-year-old Togo striker has been in and out of the football wilderness in recent seasons. The forward, who has played for the likes of Real Madrid and Arsenal, has a reputation for impressing while on loan at clubs and then falling out of favour after signing permanently.

Spurs signed him from Manchester City, initially on loan during which time he impressed. He then fell out of favour at White Hart Lane with both Andre Villas-Boas and Mauricio Pochettino, with only a brief renaissance under caretaker manager Tim Sherwood.
Since being released by the North London side, Adebayor spent the end of last season at Crystal Palace but struggled to impress, scoring just the one goal for Alan Pardew's Eagles.

Related: Spurs will not lose midfielder in January to Africa Cup of Nations
Despite all of his struggles and sitting on a big contract for many months without playing at the club before, rumours have still emerged that as he is a free agent and can move out of the transfer window, Tottenham might offer him a pay-as-you-play contract to have him as back-up for Harry Kane and Vincent Janssen, while Heung-Min Son can also play up front.
Fans have reacted with understandable shock and plenty of ridicule, with one saying he'd rather wait until the January window to re-sign Sunderland's Jermain Defoe and another preferring to sign comedian Jack Whitehall, while another fan dismissed the speculation as a 'sick joke'. Gifs aplenty have been used across social media to explain feelings towards any possible Adebayor return to White Hart Lane.
Here are some of the best:

[size=24]Danny Glover
 @Glovies007
[/size]
Why can't we resign @IAmJermainDefoe instead we have to go for @E_Adebayor really?!?! He's taken enough money don't you think

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum