SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 1:11 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Today at 1:02 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Tina anybody?
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:31 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 10
Today at 7:50 am by oldblackcat

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd, gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Football's Scourges.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Football's Scourges.

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-09-02, 4:10 am

Super agent Mino Railola has earned over 30m euros (£25m) in commission this summer brokering the deals for Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan. That is more than the 21m euros Cristiano Ronaldo earns in a year at Real Madrid. 

None the wonder football is in a financial turmoil when agents end up with that kind of money for nothing more than looking after the interests of themselves and clients. In addition, I hear that ManU may allow Ibrahimovich a month off at Christmas as he has never played over that period during his career. While it may not happen I would not be surprised if it did or has been negotiated in his contract.

Mind boggling..

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Football's Scourges.

Post  oldblackcat on 2016-09-02, 6:38 am

These leeches are the reason players move around so much and hold clubs to ransom wanting high wages for mediocre players.
One of,if not the biggest problems in football imo
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2016-09-02, 8:32 pm

Its the clubs fault for allowing it to happen. Does the agent get it all or does the DoF get a little back hander? Does the owner inflate the fee so he gets his cut?

Steven Gerrard at Liverpool never had an agent. Cannot imagine him being skint in the near future. As opposed to agents fees he negotiated a better deal for himself.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-09-02, 9:03 pm

gil t azell wrote:Its the clubs fault for allowing it to happen. Does the agent get it all or does the DoF get a little back hander? Does the owner inflate the fee so he gets his cut?

Steven Gerrard at Liverpool never had an agent. Cannot imagine him being skint in the near future. As opposed to agents fees he negotiated a better deal for himself.
My big fear is that it will become worse as younger kids will see football as a source of wealth and winning something will become secondary. The same agent is the one who took Pogba from ManU five or so years ago getting him a huge deal from Juve. ManU are so desperate to get back into ECL they are willing to pay almost eighty times the price they got for him just to maintain their commercial interests.

Then on top of that apparently Barca has first dibs on Pogba and the player is nowt more than a bit above average looking at his achievements. It's now looking that Messi and Ronaldo were born too early in the big money age.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum