SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Well done Martin Bain
Today at 2:22 pm by Kipper

» Should we keep him?
Today at 2:11 pm by Kipper

» Happy Birthday for Friday
Today at 11:55 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle go top, again
Today at 11:48 am by cyprussyd

» BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC
Today at 12:32 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 14
Yesterday at 8:28 pm by barrowmackem

» Is it back?
Yesterday at 7:39 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Managers PETER REID
Yesterday at 5:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore knacked
Yesterday at 2:50 pm by cyprussyd

» RIP David Cassidy
Yesterday at 1:39 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, Kipper, Mackemneil, vinkel

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Yedlin 'honoured' to join Newcastle as Benitez praises his attacking mentality

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yedlin 'honoured' to join Newcastle as Benitez praises his attacking mentality

Post  Silvers on 2016-08-24, 11:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Newcastle have today announced the signing of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] defender[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Speaking to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s latest recruit DeAndre Yedlin has called it an 'honour' to join Rafa Benitez's side, who has returned the compliment by praising his 'attacking mentality.'
Yedlin had been linked with a number of different clubs this summer included Toon rivals [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who today have opted to sign Javier Manquillo from Atletico Madrid, according to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were thought to be one of the favourites to land Yedlin, who made 23 appearances for the club last season whilst on loan at the Stadium of Light
Newcastle were also thought to be in direct competition with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] rivals[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], with both clubs said to have submitted bids of £5 million, according to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
But in the end, it was the appeal of working with the highly reputed Rafa Benitez that helped sway his decision, who described it as an honour to join [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
"Newcastle is such a big and historic club, and I'm excited to have the honour of playing for them. Hopefully I can do great things here," Yedlin told the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"I'm excited to learn under Rafa Benitez as well. He has an amazing résumé and I know he will help improve me a lot.
"I can't wait to get started."
Benitez too is looking forward to working with his new recruit, whom he describes as having an 'attacking mentality', which will go down with Toon fans.
"In DeAndre we have a player who knows English football well. He has good experience, an attacking mentality, ability and great pace," Benitez said.
"I think he can do really well for us and will give us good competition on the right."
Newcastle today sold Daryl Janmaat to Watford for a reported £7 million, and Yedlin's signing will be a direct replacement for the outgoing Dutchman.
Yedlin, who made just one appearance during his time at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], has signed a five year deal on Tyneside, keeping him at the club until at least 2021.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum