SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough

Go down

Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty Next Game SAFC v BORO

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-27, 8:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On Tuesday we may just get the chance to see some changes.

Westwood in goal is the norm but who else?

Will Bardo be back?
Will we see a new defence, I expect Rose to be rested after picking up an injury so will Colback revert to full back?

Catts and Johnson against their old team seems a cert but will we see Sess and Macclean?

Larsson injured so maybe a rest so will it be Gardner and Vaughan?

4-5-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-4-2?

Saha and Fletcher or do we see a new pairing?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty Re: Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough

Post  Rovertsafc on 2012-10-28, 8:43 am

4-4-2for me team for boro game-MIG,BARDO,O'SHEA CUELLAR ROSE
JOHNSON GARDNER CATTERMOLE SESS
SAHA FLETCHER
SUBS WESTWOOD
KILGALLON
MCCLEAN
JI
WHICKHAM
VAUGHAN
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty Re: Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-28, 8:51 am

ROVERTSAFC wrote:4-4-2for me team for boro game-MIG,BARDO,O'SHEA CUELLAR ROSE
SAHA FLETCHER
SUBS WESTWOOD
KILGALLON
MCCLEAN
JI
WHICKHAM
VAUGHAN

If that team is announced I may just wee myself with excitement, just a little one mind

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2012-10-28, 9:37 am

Methinks Westwood will be in goal.

Deffo needs 4-4-2. Saha with his experience will torment the boro defence. If MON did play both Fletch and Saha upfront would we then see a return to form of Sess giving a free role in midfield.

If things going OK give Wickham a 30 minute run out. Our fringe players need more time on the pitch.

Worried that there will be players wondering what the hell they have to do to get on the pitch when they watch the drivel being served up at the mo thus possibly causing divisions amongst themselves.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2012-10-28, 10:03 am

If that line up starts and does well then stick with it for the villa game.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-10-28, 10:20 am

I got our tickets for the Boro game yesterday, and I sincerely hope that MON tries a different formation as the one we are playing at the moment is just not working. Boro are on a good run of form at present, so I'm expecting a very tough game. alien

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2012-10-28, 10:40 am

ROVERTSAFC wrote:4-4-2for me team for boro game-MIG,BARDO,O'SHEA CUELLAR ROSE
SAHA FLETCHER
SUBS WESTWOOD
KILGALLON
MCCLEAN
JI
WHICKHAM
VAUGHAN
that'll do for me glass
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Empty Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough

Post  Guest on 2012-10-29, 1:18 am

Football

Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough Martinoneill_20120331
© PA Photos

• More on
  • Martin O'Neill,
  • Tony Mowbray

• Full team news for
  • Sunderland,
  • Middlesbrough

Preview: Sunderland vs. Middlesbrough

By Subhankar Mondal, Reporter
Filed: Monday, October 29, 2012 at 00:08 UK
Last Updated: Monday, October 29, 2012 at 00:11 UK

Local pride and a place in the fifth round of the League Cup are at stake on Tuesday when Sunderland host Middlesbrough at the Stadium of Light.

The Black Cats will head into this fixture off the back of a goalless draw at Stoke City in the Premier League on Saturday, and have lost just one competitive game so far this season.

Martin O'Neill's side defeated Milton Keynes Dons 2-0 away from home in the third round and will hope for a similar positive result on Tuesday.

However, Middlesbrough are likely to prove a difficult side to beat, especially as they have won their last four matches in the Championship.

Tony Mowbray's team got the better of Preston North End 3-1 away from home in the last round and will be upbeat about winning against their Premier League opposition in the fourth round.

There are no fresh injury concerns for either side. Scott McDonald is likely to partner Ishmael Miller in attack for the visitors.

Recent form

Sunderland: WWLDD

Middlesbrough: DWWWW

Possible starting lineups:

Sunderland: Mignolet; Rose, Gardner, O'Shea, Cuellar; Cattermole, Colback, Johnson, McClean; Larsson, Fletcher

Middlesbrough: Steele; Amougou, Friend, Hines, Parnaby; Leadbitter, McEachran, Reach, Haroun; McDonald, Miller

Sports Mole says: 2-1

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/sunderland/league-cup/preview/preview-sunderland-vs-middlesbrough_52127.html

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-29, 9:12 am

Good preview Bill I can see you getting the job full time

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-29, 5:06 pm

Published on Monday 29 October 2012 09:13

PHIL Bardsley is in line for his first start of the season tomorrow after coming on as a second-half substitute at Stoke City on Saturday.

The 27-year-old was an 83rd-minute replacement for Danny Rose at the Britannia Stadium and saw out the game in the left-back position – his first first-team appearance since injuring his ankle in the opening week of pre-season training.

But tomorrow he is likely to be restored to his preferred right-back role for the Capital One Cup visit of local rivals Middlesbrough to the Stadium of Light.

Manager Martin O’Neill will not want to give his team away ahead of tomorrow’s game, but he conceded: “There’s a good chance of Phil Bardsley starting the game.

“He was close at Stoke and he might well be ready for Tuesday.”

The Sunderland manager is likely to make several changes to the team which played at the Britannia at the weekend, with Bardsley being just one of them.

Newly-signed James McFadden will hope to make the squad

Midfielder David Vaughan is likely to have a chance of starting the match, having impressed as a substitute in the recent derby game against Newcastle United.

Further upfield Stephane Sessegnon has a good chance of being restored immediately to the starting line-up – offering an opportunity to find the form that has eluded him so far this season.

And if the Benin international does start, then the manager also faces a decision over whether Steven Fletcher or Louis Saha gets the chances to partner him.

It will be an intriguing selection choice and one which O’Neill says is increasingly an option for him now that he has virtually a full squad to call upon.

“We can’t make wholesale changes because we haven’t got that big a squad,” he said.

“But with Phil Bardsley coming back, it will allow Craig Gardner to be released to compete for a place in the middle of the field.

“And Lee Cattermole has also returned so we are going to have more options and for that reason we might be looking at a few changes here and there as we go onwards.

“I left Stephane Sessegnon out of my starting line-up against Stoke City for example and he looked invigorated when he came on.

“Now we have a game Tuesday night and there may be a few changes but the bottom line is that we want to try to stay in the competition.

“It’s a derby game we want to get through.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-10-29, 10:14 pm

Attack, attack, attack..That's what I want to see tomorrow night.. alien

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-30, 9:36 am

Ya father iz ya brother...
Ya sister iz ya mother...
Ya all fk one another...
The boro family!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-30, 4:07 pm

Arca, Carayol, Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Curtis Main, Thomson, Luke Williams, Rhys Williams & Woodgate all out for Middlesbrough.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-10-31, 1:11 am

Well tonight, realy blew this thread out of the water, the perks of being a Sunderland supporter are very slim, and very trying,

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum