SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 6:17 pm by Vincemac

» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

in/out..the aftermath

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

in/out..the aftermath

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-06-23, 8:57 am

Well the talking is over, the votes are being cast but the real battle could be about to begin.

One of the worst things in my view about the past month is the growing acceptance of abuse from both sides.
I expect passion  and strong views but lies and abuse cant be justified and again in my view cant be forgotten.

Whatever the outcome we will see political civil war break out.

We also still have a divided labour party, a none existent liberal party and if we vote out a want to break away SNP.

None of this can be good for a stable government.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: in/out..the aftermath

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-06-23, 6:08 pm

As an aside if I was Scottish and lived in Scotland I reckon I would vote SNP. 

I think it is inevitable the Scots will in due course gain independence.

Also the EU is in an enormous mess and as I think  it is likely remain will  win this vote...dodgy dave and gideon's promises will turn out awful.

Some treaty change for the EU is more likely than not and that will need another referendum...that vote will be leave. The genii is out of the bottle so to speak.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-06-24, 7:43 am

It's all over.
The country is split
Scotland ready to break away
The blame game has begun
And its only 7.40

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2016-06-24, 10:21 am

A very sad day.

As an older member on here, I remember conditions for the common man before we entered Europe.
Not good.

I remember the state of river pollution (stinking effluent) , the Tyne and the Wear before Europe water regs.
Not good

I remember the red tape/ paperwork and bureacracy / cost to small companies trying to export before Europe opened her borders and removed customs tariffs to us.
Not good

But for me, the vote was won on the racism card.
That really saddens me.

As for our beloved forum.
I'm sure it has been split down the middle, and I hope we can all settle down and be civilised about the result, otherwise the forum will go bye byes as well
Sad
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2016-06-24, 10:43 am

silvers wrote:A very sad day.

As an older member on here, I remember conditions for the common man before we entered Europe.
Not good.

I remember the state of river pollution (stinking effluent) , the Tyne and the Wear before Europe water regs.
Not good

I remember the red tape/ paperwork and bureacracy / cost to small companies trying to export before Europe opened her borders and removed customs tariffs to us.
Not good

But for me, the vote was won on the racism card.
That really saddens me.

As for our beloved forum.
I'm sure it has been split down the middle, and I hope we can all settle down and be civilised about the result, otherwise the forum will go bye byes as well
Sad
It's a time to work together for the common cause, no need for animosity at any level.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-06-24, 10:55 am

I am surprised as anyone that Leave won albeit by a small margin.

I honestly believe the UK will be better off (whether Scotland gains independencentre or not...It was going to happen)

The failed corrupt EU  super state wI'll also now have to reform
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-06-24, 11:02 am

Well my view is emotions are high right now, elation from the out camp and devastation from the in camp.
In my experience emotional states are times for quiet reflection, things said are often words of regret that can't be undone.
The forum will hopefully get back to talking football,when there is something to talk about.

On a personal note I voted out but it was so nearly in. I would hate to think that vote could affect friendships made on here.

No gloating because I don't see anything to gloat about.
I hope I made the right choice but wont know for some time.
We know that with Cameron gone, Corbyn could be gone, Scotland looking certain to go and Ireland talking of going.

One thing is for sure, for better or worse things will never be the same again.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2016-06-24, 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The backtracking started before the official result had even been declared, with Nigel Farage saying the £350 million NHS claim was a ‘mistake’.
Official Leave campaign adverts on posters and buses claimed: ‘Let’s give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week’ and ‘We send the EU £350 million a week, let’s fund our NHS instead’.
But speaking on Good Morning Britain, the Ukip leader said he could not guarantee it would be possible and the Leave campaign should not have said it.
Susanna Reid, questioning him, asked: ‘That’s why many people have voted! You’re saying after 17 million people have voted for Leave – and that (advert) was a huge part of the propaganda.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This my last word on the subject.
We now have to take the medicine !
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-06-24, 1:32 pm

silvers wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The backtracking started before the official result had even been declared, with Nigel Farage saying the £350 million NHS claim was a ‘mistake’.
Official Leave campaign adverts on posters and buses claimed: ‘Let’s give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week’ and ‘We send the EU £350 million a week, let’s fund our NHS instead’.
But speaking on Good Morning Britain, the Ukip leader said he could not guarantee it would be possible and the Leave campaign should not have said it.
Susanna Reid, questioning him, asked: ‘That’s why many people have voted! You’re saying after 17 million people have voted for Leave – and that (advert) was a huge part of the propaganda.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This my last word on the subject.
We now have to take the medicine !

Sir are you suggesting that politicians lie....how dare you
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2016-06-24, 2:46 pm

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2016-06-25, 8:37 am

Now it's had time to sink in, how do you feel. I am still elated.

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2016-06-25, 8:49 am

vinkel wrote:Now it's had time to sink in, how do you feel. I am still elated.
a bit apprehensive if i am honest, but what's done is done. It could be the best thing we have ever done but wont know for years to come yet.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-06-25, 9:13 am

I voted out but certainly have no sense of elation.

Seeing the country so divided and good friends so upset and scared saddens me.
We are certainly now into the unknown and we have some very choppy waters ahead.
The political situation is a concern with both main parties now in turmoil, a general election next year would be no surprise.

But it's done, I feel I made the right choice but, none of us can be sure for some time.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2016-06-25, 9:32 am

cyprussyd wrote:

I voted out but certainly have no sense of elation.

Seeing the country so divided and good friends so upset and scared saddens me.
We are certainly now into the unknown and we have some very choppy waters ahead.
The political situation is a concern with both main parties now in turmoil, a general election next year would be no surprise.

But it's done, I feel I made the right choice but, none of us can be sure for some time.
I can understand your concerns Syd, though i feel it was time for a change. We were being suffocated by Brussels. In my opinion things can only get better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-06-25, 10:07 am

Most of you on here know I am usually a positive and optimistic person but today I am:

• Heartbroken because I believe that this result is a bad thing for everyone who is not rich and privileged. 
  • Sad because people would not be convinced by experts who predicted that billions would be wiped off share values and the UK credit rating downgraded, which happened within hours of the result being announced.
  • Disgusted that people were taken in by politicians lies, like '£350m for the NHS', which Farage has already said was a 'mistake'.
  • Shocked because even the fear of Prime Minister Boris Johnson, and Ian Duncan Smith and Michael Gove back in government was not enough to make people stop and think before voting OUT. 
  • Worried that the upheaval and uncertainty will affect business, pensions, savings, mortgages, holidays etc. for everyone, for years to come. 
  • Sick at the thought of the Union breaking up and becoming what many seemed to want, "Little Britain".

I understand that the establishment deserved a kicking; but not this way. I am convinced it is ordinary people who will get the kicking, not the 1% at the top, who are the real cause of most of the problems the UK faces; not the EU, not immigrants and not lack of sovereignty.

Time will tell if my fears are well founded.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2016-06-25, 11:07 am

But spare a thought for poor old Sir Bob Geldof who campaigned bitterly for the "Remain" vote and who even hired a boat so he could slag Nigel who was campaigning on the river Thames.
This from a bloke who was born in Dublin and is a Republic of Ireland man and has nothing whatsoever to do with the UK.
Today he is so ashamed of Britain voting themselves out of the EU that he has handed in his Knighthood.
Would this be the same Knighthood he handed in in 2011 in protest as to the way Fathers were treated in Divorce cases when it came to visiting rights?
How many bloody Knighthoods did he get?
Oh, and another thing, the Knighthood he got for "Band Aid" wasn't his - it was someone else who thought of the idea but that didn't stop smelly-arsed Bob taking the plaudits.
Panther
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-06-25, 2:55 pm

I was asked on facebook why I voted out, below is my reply.

I'm posting not to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong, just to explain why I did what I did.

Thank you for asking, most are making their own reasons up.
Its a complicated and probably irrational reason from me.
It starts with a combination of a total disillusionment with our political system and unequal unjust and unfair country.
I also have a very big mistrust of the EU, its aim and leadership.
I was undecided with neither side of the argument convincing me. I had lost trust to the point that I no longer believed anyone, politicians, celebrities experts, who had ulterior motives.
For me in and out had risk. No real idea of what out would bring, no idea of what direction the EU would go.
Immigration played no part really, I would like control but numbers, nationality, skin colour did not come into it.
I knew it could see a break up of the Union but I honestly believe that would happen one day.
The fact that Boris could become PM again had no effect I believe that will be short term.
My hope is that it shakes the system up and we end up with a completely new system, new politics and a new relationship with Europe.
For me we are still European and still part of Europe just not the EU.
Have I done the right thing. I don't know and won't know for a few years.
Am I happy with my decision, no, not happy. The country is devided and I have concerns.
However I think I made the right choice.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2016-06-25, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-06-25, 3:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I was asked on facebook why I voted out, below is my reply.

I'm posting not to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong, just to explain why I did what I did.

It starts with a combination of a total disillusionment with our political system and unequal unjust and unfair country.
I was undecided with neither side of the argument convincing me. I had lost trust to the point that I no longer believed anyone, politicians, celebrities experts, who had ulterior motives.
For me in and out had risk. No real idea of what out would bring, no idea of what direction the EU would go.
Immigration played no part really, I would like control but numbers, nationality, skin colour did not come into it.
I knew it could see a break up of the Union but I honestly believe that would happen one day.
The fact that Boris could become PM again had no effect I believe that will be short term.
My hope is that it shakes the system up and we end up with a completely new system, new politics and a new relationship with Europe.
Am I happy with my decision, no, not happy. The country is decided and I have concerns.

APPL APPL APPL APPL

Well said sir!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-06-25, 3:15 pm

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-06-25, 8:05 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I was asked on facebook why I voted out, below is my reply.

Am I happy with my decision, no, not happy. The country is decided and I have concerns.

APPL APPL APPL APPL

Well said sir!

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-06-25, 8:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2016-06-26, 12:53 am

Carry on convincing yourselves...

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-06-26, 2:36 am

It's nothing to do with convincing myself Silvers, all I have done is given my reason for voting out.
My biggest concern right now to be perfectly hones is split in the country, its unhealthy and concering.
I understand disappointment and worry but we were asked to vote and I found it extremely difficult to decide, I have tried to explain my reasons for voting out.
I fully understand why 48% of the people who voted think I'm wrong but, being made to feel like a traitor, a fool, a right wing supporter of Nigel Farage, that I don't expect.

I can feel real damage being done and that concerns me far, far more than the out result.

I did not ask for a referendum and have had 40 years of being part of the EU.
I was never going to not vote and unlike many I had no strong opinion either way.
I made my decision after lots of thought and I am very aware of the risks but, for reason's given I made my decision.

I'm genuinely sorry that many friends and indeed family are hurt and upset by my decision but I honestly believe I made the right decision for the right reason's.

Again being honest I now wish the referendum had never happened because the way the country is split and the response of many of the 48% will break us far more than the EU ever could.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-06-26, 4:28 am

cyprussyd wrote:It's nothing to do with convincing myself Silvers, all I have done is given my reason for voting out.
My biggest concern right now to be perfectly hones is split in the country, its unhealthy and concering.
I understand disappointment and worry but we were asked to vote and I found it extremely difficult to decide, I have tried to explain my reasons for voting out.
I fully understand why 48% of the people who voted think I'm wrong but, being made to feel like a traitor, a fool, a right wing supporter of Nigel Farage, that I don't expect.

I can feel real damage being done and that concerns me far, far more than the out result.

I did not ask for a referendum and have had 40 years of being part of the EU.
I was never going to not vote and unlike many I had no strong opinion either way.
I made my decision after lots of thought and I am very aware of the risks but, for reason's given I made my decision.

I'm genuinely sorry that many friends and indeed family are hurt and upset by my decision but I  honestly believe I made the right decision for the right reason's.

Again being honest I now wish the referendum had never happened because the way the country is split and the response of many of the 48% will break us far more than the EU ever could.

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2016-06-26, 8:04 am

It is of no good to tackle this half hearted, the country voted to leave the Eu. It was by no big margin but it was a majority non the less. It is now time for our leaders to go at it 100% and make sure it works.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum