SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Appoint a decent manager
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:23 am by wanderer

» Congratulations H
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:43 pm by wanderer

» Dave
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:09 pm by oldblackcat

» Donald on radio tonight
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:19 pm by wanderer

» The excitement builds
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Empty2019-11-12, 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Empty2019-11-12, 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Empty2019-11-12, 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Empty2019-11-12, 7:37 pm by fitz

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 10:12 am

ens wanted by Ajax
Last Updated: Tue, 17 May 2016 09:24
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Photo
Sunderland winger Jeremain Lens is wanted by Dutch giants Ajax and looks likely to be moving on this summer.

The Netherlands international has become a frustrated figure at the Stadium of Light, as he has found first-team football difficult to come by, and so may decide to move on just 12 months after signing for the club.

Boss Sam Allardyce has not totally given up on him, but has made it clear that his future is entirely up to the 28-year-old.

Allardyce told the Gazette: “It depends what Lens wants to do – stay or fight or move on.

“He’ll decide that when we have a conversation.”

Ajax were linked with a move for Lens, an £8m signing last summer, during the January transfer window and they may make another move.

However, with another three years to run on a lucrative Sunderland contract, Lens may decide to sit on the bench and pick up his pay cheque.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/sunderland/lens-wanted-by-ajax-2109059.html#/.VzrgQfkrKUk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 4:04 pm

Not bad when going forward does not do much tracking back..did not play that often

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 10:24 pm

[size=59]Tottenham's DeAndre Yedlin discusses his chances of joining Sunderland permanently[/size]
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/17/tottenhams-deandre-yedlin-discusses-his-chances-of-joining-sunde/

ottenham Hotspur defender DeAndre Yedlin has told Goal USA that he is “keeping all doors open” amid suggestions that he could make a permanent move to Sunderland this summer.
Yedlin, who joined Tottenham from the Seattle Sounders following the 2014 MLS campaign, spent this past season on loan with the Black Cats after finding his first-team opportunities limited at White Hart Lane, making 25 total appearances and recording two assists.
The 22-year-old right-back struggled for playing time to begin with but eventually settled into the line-up over the second half of the season, going on to start the club’s final 13 Premier League games and putting in some impressive defensive performances to help them avoid relegation with one match to spare.
His spell in the North East proved a valuable learning experience and served as an encouraging sign for his long-term development, but what the future now holds for the US international back at White Hart Lane remains up in the air.
Playing time will obviously be hard to come by with both Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier well ahead of him in the pecking order, and having seen his progress stagnate during his first eight months in west London after featuring just once for the club, the promising American cannot afford to miss out on regular first-team football.
Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce has kept coy when asked whether Yedlin’s stay at the Stadium of Light might be made permanent, but the Mirror reported over the weekend that the two sides could soon reach an agreement over a £2 million deal.
Speaking before joining the US national team for their pre-Copa America training camp in Miami, the 31-times capped defender admitted that he would be open to returning to Sunderland but also stressed that he would not be focusing on his club future until later this summer.
“It’s definitely a door I would not close,” Yedlin told Goal USA. “I would not mind going back [to Sunderland]. I had a great time there. I’m keeping all doors open, I don’t want to shut any right now.
“Any opportunity that is offered to me is a big opportunity,” he added. “When you’re dealing with the Premier League, it’s still unbelievable to think that I’m playing in the Premier League.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 10:27 pm

[size=34]Sunderland set to Smash Transfer Record with the Signing of International Striker?[/size]
http://www.wearewearside.com/post/2016/05/17/sunderland-set-to-smash-transfer-record-on-international-striker.aspx

Strongly linked with a move to Sunderland in January, Swansea City are said to be ready to cash in on Ghana star Andre Ayew. Is there substance to the rumour Big Sam Allardyce still fancies him or is it just tittle-tattle to fill the pages based on his previous interest?

Ayew was Swansea's top scorer last season with twelve goals to his name. The Welsh club are looking to rebuild this summer and are likely to listen to any big money offers. Sunderland were widely reported to have had a bid of £10m turned down in January and the player's agent has links with Sam Allardyce. 

Sunderland face competition from Liverpool and West Ham for his signature according to The Express. Having said that, it does smack a little of paper-talk as Liverpool are thought to have turned down the chance to sign him last summer and West Ham have been linked with him since way back in 2012. 

Ayew arrived in Wales last June in a four year deal. He was signed on a free transfer from Marseille after seeing out his contract in France. A physically-strong Attacker, Ayew can play up front alone or on the left or right, meaning Allardyce may consider him a perfect fit to play alongside Jermain Defoe next season. Ayew started last season in a wide role alongside Baftembi Gomis, before leading the line as main striker for the latter part of the season.

Ayew himself has been quoted as saying his future is in Swansea chairman Huw Jenkin's hands. He is the sort of player a team could be built around and the prospect of linking him up with Wahbi Khazri and Fabio Borini would excite Sunderland supporters. He would fit into Sam Allardyce's preferred formation of narrower wide men with supporting, overlapping full backs.  

Swansea, rather than rebuilding, may be in danger of being ransacked first, with news that Gylfi Sigurdsson is in line for a £15m move to Leicester City. Ex-Sunderland loanee, Ki Sung Yeung, repeated his vanishing act before the season has finished by leaving Swansea before the last game to return to South Korea. It was reported that he had returned to complete his mandatory military service; but it has been suggested that the real reason he left early was to seek permission from the Korean authorities to play in the upcoming national side's matches against Spain and the Czech Republic; and actually complete his military service later this summer or next. Either way, Ki and Swansea are finished and Swan's fans aren't too disgruntled to see the back of him following a frustrating season. 

Supposedly Sunderland have already tabled a £10m for Ayew but Swansea are thought unlikely to sell for that and may hold out for £15m. Sunderland's current transfer record stands at £14m, paid for Steven Fletcher in 2012; and it may be that Sam Allardyce will have to break it to land Andre Ayew this time around. 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-18, 10:45 am

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland/news_articles/14499695.Sam_Allardyce_backed_to_do_the_right_deals_as_Sunderland_renew_interest_in_Andre_Ayew/?ref=rss

JOHN O’SHEA is confident Sam Allardyce will not mess around in the transfer market in a bid to ensure Sunderland are a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League next season.
Allardyce – expected to make a fresh move for Swansea City forward Andre Ayew after missing out on him in January - will be looking to make plenty of changes before the start of next season as he aims to make the Black Cats a more dangerous force in the Premier League.
Detailed discussions with Ellis Short are planned for this week to plot a way forward and the pair, who hope a new chief executive will be appointed sooner rather than later, are desperate to lift Sunderland away from their regular spot at the wrong end of the table.
Allardyce believes he is in a strong position to bargain when he seeks assurances from Short over having the financial clout on the transfer front, having added players in January who turned out to be crucial in the club’s climb to safety.
Experienced captain O’Shea, who has had to spend more time on the bench following Lamine Kone’s impressive form after his £5m move from Lorient, is convinced Allardyce knows what he wants.
The Irish defender said: “We added to the quality of the squad in January and hopefully the manager will get the chance to do that again.
“That will increase the competition and I've said throughout my whole career, that the quality only gets better with more competition.
“The January boys came in and settled in so quickly and had such an impact. I'll be hoping - and I'm sure the manager will be - that he can make an impact early on and get things done quickly.”

The arrivals of Kone, Wahbi Khazri, Jan Kirchhoff and Dame N’Doye added a different dimension to Sunderland for the final few months of the campaign.
That quartet, particularly the first three, played pivotal roles in keeping Sunderland in the Premier League after losing just one of their final 11 matches.
Sunderland ended unbeaten in six, winning three, and O’Shea believes there is something to build on – although he is wary of making predictions.

O’Shea said: “As we said, it was an amazing feeling again of how we've done it with a game to spare.
“But the key thing was the unity we showed within the group, when the pressure was on. We responded well with only one defeat in the last 11 games.
“There were some great performances, but that's what we usually do, leaving it late.
"The key thing now is the start of next season, from the minute we come back for pre-season.
“We hope it’s different, but there's no point in saying it again. We've got to do it. The proof will be in the pudding. We have to start the season better.”
By the time Sunderland return to training, O’Shea will hope to be with the Republic of Ireland at the European Championships. Martin O’Neill has included him in a provisional 35-man squad and will be a certain pick if he stays fit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-18, 11:08 am

On a rather cynical note the players do not get any better overall but the fees and wages they are paid keep going up.

With the Euros on I suppose some moves may take longer if players we want are unavailable for talks medicals etc

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2016-05-18, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-05-18, 11:34 am

I read a comment on the De Andre Yedlin story yesterday in the Echo, where someone said we had better get his move sorted before the Euros as if he has a good tournament other clubs would be after him!   Very Happy

I wonder when the USA joined Europe, and if anyone has told Donald Trump and Boris Johnson?  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-18, 11:41 am

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Orangesmile3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-18, 11:51 am

Hieronymus wrote:I read a comment on the De Andre Yedlin story yesterday in the Echo, where someone said we had better get his move sorted before the Euros as if he has a good tournament other clubs would be after him!   Very Happy

I wonder when the USA joined Europe, and if anyone has told Donald Trump and Boris Johnson?  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2016-05-18, 11:52 am

Hieronymus wrote:I read a comment on the De Andre Yedlin story yesterday in the Echo, where someone said we had better get his move sorted before the Euros as if he has a good tournament other clubs would be after him!   Very Happy

If Australia can be included in the Eurovision Song Contest I guess anything is possible!!!
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-18, 11:54 am

..that's very true !

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD - Page 2 Orangesmile3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-18, 11:56 am

Actually the European Golf Tour play almost everywhere in the world other than America

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-18, 9:39 pm

[size=59]Report: Sunderland, West Ham want Nampalys Mendy, Ranieri keen on reunion[/size]
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/18/report-sunderland-west-ham-want-nampalys-mendy-ranieri-keen-on-r/

Leicester City, Southampton, Sunderland and West Ham United are reportedly keen on Nice midfielder Nampalys Mendy.

ccording to a report from major French newspaper L'Equipe, Sunderland and West Ham United are keen on Nice midfielder Nampalys Mendy - but Leicester City are also interested.
Mendy, 23, was on the books with Monaco before leaving in 2013, when he moved on to join their local rivals Nice as his Monaco contract expired.
The Frenchman has been a regular for Nice ever since that move, and has even established himself as one of French football's most impressive midfield players with some all-action displays.
In fact, Mendy has been compared to Leicester City star N'Golo Kante by some, and it's not hard to see why. Mendy stands at just 5ft 6in, just like Kante, and is a relentless central midfield player with great energy in the middle of the park, a factor which has contributed heavily to Kante's rise as a Premier League star.
ow, L'Equipe report that his displays have triggered interest from Premier League clubs, with Southampton, Sunderland and West Ham United all named as clubs who want to sign him.
Southampton may lose Victor Wanyama this summer, so it's wise for Ronald Koeman to eye up possible replacements, 
whilst Sunderland will see Mendy's compatriot Yann M'Vila leave the club this summer at the end of his loan deal.
Meanwhile, West Ham have a host of midfielders such as Mark Noble, Cheikhou Kouyate and the newly-signed Havard Nordtveit, but with some questions surrounding the future of Pedro Obiang, Mendy could be a target in case one player leaves.
The problem for those clubs is that the report also states that Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri is keen to reunite with Mendy if the aforementioned Kante leaves the King Power Stadium this summer.
Ranieri worked with Mendy at Monaco and gave him a prominent role in his team, even attempting to sign him for Leicester last summer before settling on Kante, as reported by the Leicester Mercury in 2015.
Reuniting with the Italian could be appealing for Mendy, but with Kante still at Leicester, other clubs may look to land him quickly before the Foxes have chance to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-05-18, 10:09 pm

Do we really want another in the shed who's settling for second best as “keeping all doors open” to me is Italia d'America for a L'Borini

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-19, 4:49 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Do we really want another in the shed who's settling for second best as “keeping all doors open” to me is Italia d'America for a L'Borini
Yes.
I think he would be silly to jump without knowing his options and it's sensible negotiating tactics to play hard to get.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-05-19, 6:52 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Yes.
I think he would be silly to jump without knowing his options and it's sensible negotiating tactics to play hard to get.
I understand what your saying but would it be refreshing for a player to say I WANT TO PLAY FOR SUNDERLAND FULL-STOP.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 2016-05-19, 9:43 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Yes.
I understand what your saying but would it be refreshing for a player to say I WANT TO PLAY FOR SUNDERLAND FULL-STOP.
It would, look at John Terry he has taken a £10,000 a week pay cut to stay at Chelsea  Evil or Very Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-19, 3:09 pm

Big Sam eyes defensive duo

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/sunderland/big-sam-eyes-defensive-duo-2109698.html#/.Vz3IkfkrKUk

Last Updated: Thu, 19 May 2016 12:16
Sunderland have been linked with moves for West Ham's James Tomkins and Tottenham defender DeAndre Yedlin.

Manager Sam Allardyce is expected to hold talks with chairman Ellis Short regarding Sunderland's summer transfer kitty this week after guiding the club to Premier League safety.

Allardyce's budget may not be decided just yet but that has not stopped speculation linking him with defensive reinforcements.

The former West Ham boss is understood to be keen to bolster his back-line after admitting concerns over a failure to keep clean sheets at various points over the course of the season and a raid on his old employers has been suggested.

The Black Cats have been linked with a move for Tomkins but it remains to be seen as to whether the 27-year-old will be open to a summer move, having spent the entirety of his career with West Ham.

Yedlin is a more likely target after he spent the 2015-16 campaign on loan at the Stadium of Light from Spurs.

The 22-year-old's path into the Spurs team is blocked by Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier and the USA international has indicated he would consider a permanent move to Sunderland.

Spurs are unlikely to stand in Yedlin's way should Sunderland submit an acceptable bid, but Allardyce may have to look elsewhere for a new centre-half as Tomkins is expected to remain with the Hammers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-19, 8:08 pm

http://www.wearewearside.com/post/2016/05/19/why-sunderland-can-only-be-a-temporary-stop-for-argentinian-this-summer.aspx

[size=34]Why Sunderland Can Only Be a Temporary Stop for Argentinian This Summer[/size]

Sam Allardyce was radically proactive in shifting Sunderland’s deadwood in the January transfer window. Out went big money signings of the Martin O’Neill, Paolo Di Canio (/Roberto Di Fanti) and Gus Poyet eras, with the likes of Steven Fletcher and Danny Graham heading for pastures new to while away the remainder of their Sunderland contracts. Yet Big Sam’s job is far from done, with a number of returning loanees heading back to Wearside this summer. For many, however, it’ll only be a temporary stop.
The biggest name is that of Emanuelle Giaccherini. The Italian, called up to the national side this week, shone for Bologna this season on loan, and a return to Serie A, or a link up with his former Juventus boss Antonio Conte at Chelsea, has already been mooted.

Giving the past few years of overspending and the steady influx of flops, the signing of a player whose future already lay away from Wearside came as no surprise. 

Santiago Vergini first rocked up on Wearside in January 2014, before resigning on another loan deal the following summer. A Gus Poyet favourite, Vergini made 29 appearances in Sunderland’s defence prior to the Uruguayan’s sacking, but managed just two starts under Dick Advocaat before losing his place to Sebastian Coates.

With Coates also seeing his loan deal turned permanent last summer, as well as Wes Brown’s one-year extension and Younes Kaboul’s arrival, it was evident Vergini had no future on Wearside, and was promptly shipped out to Getafe on a season long loan last July. 

After being sent off on his La Liga debut, Vergini had somewhat of a season to forget, with his new side relegated on the final day of the season. Getafe’s relegation means Vergini must find a new way out of Wearside.

While Vergini did have his moments, like humiliating would-be Player of the Year Eden Hazard deep inside his own half, his time on Wearside will forever be associated with that own goal against Southampton. If Sunderland are to push on next season, there can be no room for Santi.

After making 28 appearances in Spain this season, a return to La Liga could be on the cards, especially with Gus Poyet recently taking over at Real Betis.

But Vergini isn’t the only Poyet signing to be heading back to Sunderland this summer. Former Brighton duo Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley are back in the North East. Bridcutt joined Leeds in November, before extending the deal until the end of the season. After another impressive season at Championship level, Bridcutt will have plenty of suitors, with Nottingham Forest among the clubs linked. There is interest from both parties for a return to Leeds, but that deal hinges on the future of manager Steve Evans. 

Will Buckley, meanwhile, was loaned out to Leeds in October, then Birmingham in January, although struggled to make an impact at either side. Moving the winger out again could be a challenge, but he won’t be pulling on a Sunderland shirt anytime soon.

Another Sunderland loanee in the Championship, Jordi Gomez started just three times under Allardyce before being shipped out to Blackburn in January. Arguably the most successful of Sunderland’s loanees, Gomez wasn’t always a total disaster on Wearside, although will likely return to Blackburn this summer on a permanent deal.

Finally, two players whose Sunderland careers have been none-existent, Adam Matthews and Charis Mavrias, will also depart this summer. Matthews failed to impress after his summer move from Celtic, making just two appearances, and was loaned to Bristol City in March. Featuring nine times before having his season ended by a knee injury. Bristol City are expected to offer a way out of Matthew’s Wearside nightmare. 

As for Charis Mavrias, a clause was inserted into his loan deal with German second division side Fortuna Düsseldorf to sign the Greek international on a permanent basis should he impress. He made 15 appearances as the club finished 14th, avoiding relegation by 3 points.

It was Allardyce’s pragmatism in replacing the likes of Liam Bridcutt with Jan Kirchhoff and Sebastian Coates with Lamine Kone that has given fans on Wearside the optimism that next year will be the one we finally push on. To do so, the revolving door at the Academy of Light has to be spinning.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-19, 10:24 pm

I think the summer will see a final cull by Sam of all players he sees surplus to requirements.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-22, 6:04 pm

[size=59]Report: Manchester United want Sunderland prospect Jordan Pickford[/size]
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/22/report-manchester-united-want-sunderland-prospect-jordan-pickfor/

anchester United are reportedly interested in signing Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

Embed from Getty Images
According to The Sun, Manchester United are interested in securing the signature of Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford this summer.
United clinched the FA Cup for the first time since 2004 with a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday evening, but speculation about the club's managerial situation somewhat overshadowed the celebrations.
BBC Sport reported shortly after the final whistle at Wembley Stadium that former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will be replacing Louis van Gaal as the club's manager this summer, meaning United are likely to be overhauling their squad with ins and outs this summer.
Now, The Sun report that United want to sign a young goalkeeper to eventually succeed David De Gea between the sticks, and Sunderland's Jordan Pickford is one target to fill that role.

Embed from Getty Images
Pickford, 22, has come up through the ranks at the Stadium of Light having joined Sunderland way back in 2002, and has spent time out on loan at Darlington, Alfreton Town, Burton Albion, Carlisle United, Bradford City and Preston North End, impressing with all of them.
His displays with Preston in the first half of the season handed him a Sunderland recall, but he spent almost of his time as a backup to first-choice goalkeeper Vito Mannone.
The England Under-21 international, who has been hailed for his remarkable kicking ability, even signed a new contract withthe Black Cats in January, but that doesn't appear to be deterring United.
It's believed that the Red Devils are keen to land Pickford as a long-term successor to David De Gea, but Sunderland are likely to resist any move from United - and transfer plans could yet change if Mourinho does indeed replace Van Gaal this summer.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-22, 7:19 pm

Well that could be a tester Silvers

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-22, 7:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well that could be a tester Silvers

£25m

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-22, 7:55 pm

..I though Whatmore would be the first to be wooed..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-23, 10:01 am

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/sunderland/sunderland-braced-for-keeper-bids-2110886.html#/.V0LGefkrKUk

Sunderland braced for keeper bids
Last Updated: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:04
Sunderland keeper Jordan Pickford is believed to be a target for both Spurs and Manchester United.

Pickford managed 13 clean sheets in just 27 appearances during a loan spell at Preston North End in the first half of the campaign and his performances in the Championship seem to have attracted the attention of Spurs.

The White Hart Lane club are thought to have been tracking the 22-year-old for some time but the latest speculation suggests they could face competition from United, if Real Madrid reignite their interest in David de Gea this summer.

Sunderland are in a strong bargaining position should either Spurs or United come calling this summer as Pickford signed a new deal in January and is under contract until 2020.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum