SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
»  Burnley v Sunderland
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD EmptyYesterday at 10:40 pm by barrowmackem

» I got 10 out of 15, can you do better?
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD EmptyYesterday at 2:57 pm by Vincemac

» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD EmptyYesterday at 8:54 am by cyprussyd

» Today was a good day, no, today was a great day
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty2019-08-24, 8:36 pm by cyprussyd

» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty2019-08-24, 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions week 04
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty2019-08-24, 3:05 pm by Hieronymus

» Loovens gone
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty2019-08-23, 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty2019-08-23, 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty2019-08-22, 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty2019-08-22, 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-13, 10:22 am

Sam Allardyce predicts ‘massive turnover’ of Sunderland squad this summer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jeremain Lens

CHRIS YOUNG

[email=chris.young@northeast-press.co.uk@youngsunecho]Email[/email]
[size=20]07:00Friday 13 May 2016
[/size]

Sam Allardyce has predicted a “massive turnover” of the Sunderland squad this summer as he looks to end the cycle of annual struggle.

Allardyce will hold detailed discussions with chairman Ellis Short over Sunderland’s transfer business next week, but the Black Cats boss believes there will be a hefty quantity of incomings and outgoings after the club secured their Premier League status on Wednesday night.

Sam Allardyce wrote:

[size=42]There’s lots of players here on loan or out-of-contract, so there’s a question of what we do with them[/size]

The futures of loanees Yann M’Vila, Ola Toivonen, Dame N’Doye and DeAndre Yedlin are uncertain, with Allardyce due to hold talks with the quartet prior to Sunday’s trip to Watford.

But they are not the only players with a question mark hanging over their heads, with veteran defender Wes Brown out of contract, and midfielders Seb Larsson and Jeremain Lens both potentially departing after limited first-team football under Allardyce.

After the January transfer window proved to be so successful for Allardyce, the Sunderland boss will want to bring in more of his own players, with the Black Cats known to be admirers of Bordeaux midfielder Clement Chantome, available on a Bosman this summer.

January targets Lamine Gossama – the Lorient right-back who is another out-of-contract player at the end of the season – and Swansea winger Andre Ayew could also come back onto Sunderland’s radar.

“I think there’ll be a massive turnover if we do the job right,” said Allardyce.

“There’s lots of players here on loan or out-of-contract, so there’s a question of what we do with them and how many we keep.

“There’s also some of the players who we’ve already got who will say to me ‘gaffer I’d prefer to move because you haven’t played me as much as I’d want’.

“That’s natural. I would expect them to say that.

“I haven’t got a problem with that whatsoever.

“But, like everything else as a manager, I’m a good wheeler-dealer.

“In and outs are a massive part of how successful you’re going to be and hopefully our recruitment policy will be as good in the summer as it was in January.”

With Allardyce at the helm, Sunderland have been tipped to embark upon a more stable era after four successive dramatic escapes from relegation.

The ex-West Ham boss hopes that proves to be the case, with little question now that he plans to stay for at least the remaining year of his Sunderland contract.

“I think the future will be determined by me and Ellis going forward together,” added Allardyce.

“With his help and hopefully with my experience and some great recruitment, we can achieve better things together.”

Get the new Sunderland Echo app and always be first with the news from our city and SAFC.

You can download our FREE app on most devices and it can be found on your app store by searching for ‘Sunderland Echo’.

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sam-allardyce-predicts-massive-turnover-of-sunderland-squad-this-summer-1-7909100#ixzz48WfwmHEZ

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2016-08-07, 12:07 pm; edited 4 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty Re: THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD

Post  Kipper on 2016-05-13, 10:39 am

Sam - sign M'Villa please.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2016-05-13, 10:55 am

I would like him to sign M'Vila, but will he want to sign.

Sam's best three midfielders over the last few months were Catts, M'Vila and the classy Kirchhoff. However, the weakness in playing those three is that they are all naturally holding midfielders and it was the lack of an attacking and creative midfielder that showed us with a lack of cutting edge in that area.

I am sure Sam would rather play a 4231 formation with the three providing an attacking and goal scoring threat. So, which of the three become two. On skill and ability Kirchhoff and M'Vila for me, but Catts showed that his drive and determination, when needed, are a fantastic attribute. Sadly, he did not and does not show that drive all season. The three may have to accept that a certain amount of rotation and injury/suspension cover is needed and that they won't play every week.

I think Sam will be looking for a creative midfielder who can play in behind the striker and chip in with goals. 

Still hope M'Vila signs
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-13, 12:06 pm

M'Villa is the proverbially no brainer and we need both Catts and Kirchhoff.

Full back we need both a LB and a RB. Yedlin has done okayish so has Jones but neither convinces and PvA can be hopeless ay defending.

Lens, Fletcher and Brown are all surplus to requirements...not so sure about Larsson

JoS for one moe year if he wants or a coaching job? We need and a CB, striker and creative midfielder.

I think I have just spent the new TV money!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-13, 12:17 pm

I would certainly go all out for Yedlin and the last 10 or so games blows apart,IMO, the criticism of both full backs

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-13, 1:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I would certainly go all out for Yedlin and the last 10 or so games blows apart,IMO, the criticism of both full backs

Well maybe...PvA must be there or there abouts, one on the best attacking LBs in the country...his defending continues to worry, who ever is Left Wing has to be able to cover for him when he goes foraging upfield. I would like to see the number of goals we conceded that originated on our LB position, most sides for most of the season concentrated down that flank, he was seen by other coaches as a weak link Sam is the man to make him a better defender. 

Yedlin as you would expect is better now than he was (after a season's practice) He has speed and I was pleased the way he handled Hazard the other day, he does jump well despite being small, but he is bit lightweight as a full back in the Premier League. Again Sam who is keen on a strong defence will decide, or the Spuds will. Yedlin is not in Walkers class so he would be a bit player at WHL

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2016-05-13, 1:58 pm

Now that were safe can we finally get Moses & Nzogbia. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty Sam Allardyce admits he's expecting Sunderland have a problem in the summer transfer window

Post  Guest on 2016-05-14, 1:20 am

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/13/sam-allardyce-admits-hes-expecting-sunderland-have-a-problem-in/

Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce has admitted to the Chronicle that he expects to have a problem with agents in the summer transfer window.
With the wealth of the Premier League continuing to grow, English clubs can now afford to pay over the top amounts for players to convince them to move.
And Allardyce admits that finding the right players and a reasonable price is going to be a struggle in the upcoming transfer window.
“One of the problems is it is going to be so much more competitive because the agents are already ringing up booking their next Rolls Royce because they are gong to make so much money, charging so much for the players you want to buy,” he said. “And you will have to pay them so much to get the players because if we don’t do it, someone else will.
“We have an open tap with no plug. It comes in one end and goes out the other. So we have to live with that.
“What we have to do is get the best value for money we can.”
Allardyce has already done some excellent business at Sunderland, and he will hope that the summer transfer window can be as productive as the one the club experienced in January.
The Black Cats brought in the likes of Lamine Kone, Jan Kirchhoff and Wahbi Khazri in January and all three were crucial to their survival.
Sunderland are expected to invest heavily in the coming months, as they aim to move forward as a club.
Sunderland have been perennially struggling against relegation in recent times, and Allardyce has already spoken of a desire to start seeing his side push up the Premier League table.
Allardyce says that Sunderland can no longer continue to celebrate simply avoiding relegation, and he has big plans for next season with the Wearsiders.

Back to top Go down

THE TRANSFER TIT BIT THREAD Empty Sam meeting Ellis next week--TRANSFER TALK

Post  Guest on 2016-05-14, 9:31 am

No, we won't get to know the details of what happens, but we should get a rough idea by the targets we go for  finger cross.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-14, 9:46 pm

vinkel wrote:No, we won't get to know the details of what happens, but we should get a rough idea by the targets we go for  finger cross.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-05-14, 10:00 pm

I don't think Sam is fooling anybody but he is going through a compulsory press interview. He was part of the agent system and I believe his son is still one. 

At least he knows the ropes and may have some inside information already. China will be the biggest obstacle to signings going by their determination to build football up over the next decade. All the big multi billion companies are on board with the government in bringing quality players to them.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-15, 1:12 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_English_football_corruption_investigation

September – BBC Panorama[edit]

On 19 September 2006 the BBC current affairs television programme Panorama broadcast a special investigation into corruption in English football which had begun filming in August 2005.
"Undercover: Football's Dirty Secrets" included footage shown of meetings between agents, managers and high ranking football club officials, filmed undercover by Knut auf dem Berge, a freelance coach posing as a prospective football agent. This footage purported to show agents and managers accepting backhanders and illegally "tapping-up" players under contract to other clubs.
These allegations included:

• That Bolton Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce, and his agent son Craig were alleged to have accepted "bungs" (bribes) from agents for signing certain players. Two agents, Teni Yerima and Peter Harrison, were secretly filmed, each separately claiming that they had paid Allardyce through his son. Allardyce denies ever taking, or asking for, a bung.[4]

• Then Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is secretly filmed discussing the possibility of buying the Blackburn Rovers captain Andy Todd with agent Peter Harrison, which is illegal under FA rules. However, the programme merely showed Harrison approaching Redknapp and asking direct questions which Redknapp answered.

• Then Portsmouth first-team coach Kevin Bond, first team coach of Newcastle United when the programme was aired, is secretly recorded admitting he would consider discussing receiving payments from a proposed new agency involving agent Peter Harrison. This was the programme's description; it did not seem explicit from the extract broadcast. Bond was suspended and then sacked by Newcastle as a result of the allegations.

• Chelsea director of youth football Frank Arnesen is secretly filmed making an illegal approach or "tapping up" Middlesbrough's England youth star 15-year-old Nathan Porritt. Arnesen offers a fee of £150,000 spread over three years as an incentive to move, although he had been advised that it was 99.9% certain that Porritt would leave Middlesbrough. Both of these allegations are illegal under FA rules. Officials from Liverpool and Newcastle United were also implicated in attempts to sign Porritt.[5]

• Agent Peter Harrison told the undercover reporter that, to secure transfer deals with Bolton, he bribed Sam Allardyce by offering to pay his son Craig. Harrison is a FIFA-listed agent, who is based in the north-east of England.

• That three different Bolton transfer signings involved secret payments from agents to Craig Allardyce, some when he was contractually banned from doing any Bolton deals. Panorama alleged Bolton's transfer signings of defender Tal Ben Haim, midfielderHidetoshi Nakata and goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi involved secret payments from agents to Craig Allardyce. Allardyce's son quit the agency business in summer 2006, and has admitted in newspaper interviews that his working as an agent might have cost his father the chance of becoming England manager.

• Agent Charles Collymore, is secretly filmed in the Panorama film, saying: "There's managers out there who take bungs all day long. I would say to you comfortably there's six to eight managers we could definitely approach and they'd be up for this no problem."Later, Collymore is named publicly for the first time by Luton Town manager Mike Newell as the agent who offered him an illegal payment. Collymore also represents England cricketer Simon Jones.

The programme also claimed to have set up a 'sting' involving handing a cash payment to an unnamed Premiership manager, but the alleged manager did not turn up at the rendezvous. The programme claimed that he had been scared off by Mike Newell's claims being revealed that same day.

eaction[edit]

On 3 March 2006, The Football Association established an enquiry to be headed by Lord Stevens, former Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police and former head of an enquiry into corruption in cricket.[7] The initial findings of Stevens' report were announced in December 2006.
On 20 September, The Football Association asked the BBC to provide all of the collected evidence and announced that it would investigate these allegations. It was to investigate allegations of illegal approaches involving Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen,Liverpool, Newcastle United and Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp, along with allegations "relating to players' agents and connected activities" involving Bolton Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce, son Craig Allardyce, Newcastle United assistant manager Kevin Bond, and agents Charles Collymore and Peter Harrison.[8]
All of those accused of impropriety have denied all allegations arising from the programme, including:

• Sam Allardyce: said that he had placed the matter in the hands of his lawyers.[9] He also confessed: “As a father it is painful to watch your son talk tall and exaggerate his influence for financial gain.”[10] On 25 September he announced that after lengthy discussions his lawyers had advised that "I have a very strong case in relation to the programme, and I am planning to sue the BBC over the false and highly damaging allegations. I have therefore instructed my lawyers to prepare my case against the BBC."Allardyce added that he would discuss the matter with Bolton chairman, Phil Gartside, as well as his wife before he took any final decision.[11] Allardyce has not yet filed any legal action against the BBC, meaning the allegations remain legally unchallenged.

Nothing proven ..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-15, 1:52 pm

Nostalgic wrote:I don't think Sam is fooling anybody but he is going through a compulsory press interview. He was part of the agent system and I believe his son is still one. 

At least hez knows the ropes and may have some inside information already. China will be the biggest obstacle to signings going by their determination to build football up over the next decade. All the big multi billion companies are on board with the government in bringing quality players to them.

I presume you are inferring about the bungs Sam and his son were implicated in a few years back

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-16, 11:57 am

BIG SAM GETS TO BUSINESS
Sam Allardyce expects to hold talks over the future of Sunderland’s loan players this week, report the Shields Gazette.
The Sunderland manager’s first job is to see whether loanees Yann M’Vila, DeAndre Yedlin and Dame N’Doye will be back at the Stadium of Light next season after all featured in the 2-2 draw at Watford.
“I have spoken to their agents and said you will be contacted very quickly, in the next few days or so to see what lies,” he said.
“We should be talking about Yann M’Vila, DeAndre Yedlin and Dame N’Doye more than anyone (from the Watford game).
“We will move as quickly as possible and make sure we make the right decisions.” 

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-16, 2:05 pm

Why N'Doye he is worse than Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-16, 2:19 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Why N'Doye he is worse than Fletcher

1. He does not say he is buying him
  2. If Sam wants him fine by me
  3. Not seen anything about him that would convince me but we either trust Sam or w dont

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-16, 2:33 pm

My reading is that the agent is asking the question and Sam is saying 'Don't call us, we will call you'
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-05-16, 10:00 pm

More Germans & Italians PLEASE so I can get some goss  lol!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2016-05-17, 6:42 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Why N'Doye he is worse than Fletcher

1. He does not say he is buying him
  2. If Sam wants him fine by me
  3. Not seen anything about him that would convince me but we either trust Sam or w dont

N'Doye hasn't shown enough for me. I think Sam is brilliant for Sunderland but that doesn't mean I wouldn't question any of his decisions and if he bought N'Doye it would certainly cause raised eyebrows. All hypothetical at the moment though.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-17, 7:19 am

Of course Sam is not beyond criticism but right now none of us know what will happen.
I wouldn't buy NDoye.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 7:25 am

cyprussyd wrote:Of course Sam is not beyond criticism but right now none of us know what will happen.
I wouldn't buy NDoye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 9:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:Of course Sam is not beyond criticism but right now none of us know what will happen.
I wouldn't buy NDoye.
N'Doye agree Very Happy . not cos you're the boss, no its cos we both have fantastic football knowledge  Embarassed.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-05-17, 9:44 am

vinkel wrote:
I wouldn't buy NDoye.
N'Doye agree Very Happy . not cos you're the boss, no its cos we both have fantastic football knowledge  Embarassed.
I am no ones boss, ask Annette  Sad

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 10:04 am

I was listening to Marco last night (briefly) whilst driving.

He said NDoye had a fantastic game at Watford.

Shocked

I don't know of course, as I wasn't there...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-05-17, 10:11 am

[size=59]Report: Sunderland aim to beat West Ham with £10m bid for Swansea star Andre Ayew[/size]
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/17/report-sunderland-aim-to-beat-west-ham-with-10m-bid-for-swansea/

According to The Sun, Sunderland are making a £10m bid for Swansea City forward Andre Ayew, as they look to fend off interest from West Ham United.
The Black Cats managed to pull off the great escape and secure their Premier League status with a 3-0 win over Everton last week, and ended the campaign with a 2-2 draw with Watford on Sunday.
The key to Sunderland's survival was that manager Sam Allardyce made three key signings in January; defender Lamine Kone, midfielder Jan Kirchhoff and playmaker Wahbi Khazri, all of whom played key roles in the final stages of the season.
Now, manager Allardyce is looking for major additions to boost his squad again, and is this time looking to raid a Premier League rival in the process.
The Sun report that Sunderland will make a £10m bid to sign Swansea City star Andre Ayew, who impressed with 12 goals in his debut Premier League campaign.
The Ghanaian international only joined Swansea on a free transfer from Marseille last summer, but questions are being asked about his future already - leading Sunderland to test Swansea's resolve with a big bid.
It's suggested that Ayew's wages will be no problem for Sunderland, but one issue they may face is interest from Premier League rivals West Ham United.
The Hammers failed in a move for Ayew last summer, but the report claims that Slaven Bilic's men are interested in signing him again, with a possible reunion with his former Marseille team-mate Dimitri Payet on the cards - which could be appealing for Ayew.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum