SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 3:04 pm by cyprussyd

» Coleman latest
Today at 2:48 pm by canary-dave

» Predictions Mid week 13
Today at 12:39 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Tony Pulis: West Brom sack head coach after Chelsea defeat
Today at 12:30 pm by Silvers

» When will it end
Today at 10:06 am by sunderpitt

» January recruits
Today at 9:14 am by Kipper

» Defoe
Yesterday at 10:34 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 73
Yesterday at 10:26 pm by Billy D

» Good read from Daniel Taylor
Yesterday at 9:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Coleman and cash
Yesterday at 8:55 pm by Silvers

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

cyprussyd, MrRAWhite, sunderpitt, vinkel

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Back to the seventies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back to the seventies

Post  barrowmackem on 2016-04-13, 9:22 am

Well there i am stood in my usual spot on the terraces watching Barrow last Saturday when about 50 away fans from Altrincham turn up and stand by me beer in hand not allowed as you know, that had been on the lash some time by the look of em apparently on a stag do to Barrow taking in the game. All good banter and loved the atmosphere, so kick off time and Barrow attack towards the goal i am stood and the Barrow fans make their way to the end i am stood. Now the club decided on no segregation oh dear. So two sets of fans on the same terraces it shouldn't but a recipe for trouble. So good banter soon turns to bad banter the away fans singing i wana go home i sick of this shit hole i wanna go home, Barrow is a racist town ect. Barrow fans take exception and it starts to get heated as i said it would 10 mins earlier. So jostling starts to start getting rather close to me i might add. Stewards and one policeman step in and try to separate the fans and just about manage to do it. Another 30 seconds and without doubt a free for all. Entertaining for me never watched the game for five mins lol. Well the away fans were shepherded to the away section where they should have been in the first place. Club have admitted they took their eye of the ball. A throw back to the seventies as probably many on here will have witnessed.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to the seventies

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-04-13, 4:10 pm

The good old days, or so I'm told like

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-04-13, 9:52 pm

Most of the hooligan days I could not get to many matches as I was involved with playing or running local stuff but got to big games or to ours if we were in the area. The contrast was when I lived in Germany and was quite happy for a ten YO to go to his first matches and mix in with German kids and supporters.  Hooliganism was known as the "English Disease" until it spread via European fixtures and most countries dreaded an English team in their fixtures.

Was at a Cologne v Arsenal Euro game and the away fans were well behaved mainly encouraged by police dogs and armed police.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum