SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 11:54 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Crisis or Blip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crisis or Blip

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-04-12, 9:00 am

Are we seeing the demise and final days of Cameron or is this just a blip?

The Panama Papers have caused a stir but in reality Cameron has done nothing illegal and nothing most of us wouldn't do if we had the wealth. It has however highlighted and indeed confirmed what we already knew, the super rich live in a different world to the rest of us, is that really a shock.

The steel crisis is the miners all over again but, no strikes and walkouts and the government are sort of hinting at part nationalization.

The NHS and doctors strikes, are they having the same effect on public opinion?

The EU referendum for me is the real crunch point. With the government split at the top they simply cant win.

Vote out and Cameron is gone.
Vote in and what does that mean for Gove,IDS,Boris.

And if the government did fall, is Corbyn ready?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Crisis or Blip

Post  Silvers on 2016-04-12, 10:24 am

We certainly need something to change..

Corbyn's support of the IRA 'cause' will do him no favours at all.
This will rear it's head again as we near the next election.

I really don't know what will happen.
What should happen and what actually does happen remains to be seen.

As you say, these people have done nothing illegal.
It is the 'system' which is unethical.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-04-12, 1:29 pm

silvers wrote:We certainly need something to change..

See, you're falling for the media spin, Corbyn did NOT support the IRA, he called for talk rather than killing!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-04-12, 9:44 pm

I cannot believe the part Nationalisation, presumably after they rejected subsidies. Political survival over traditional beliefs.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2016-04-12, 9:53 pm

canary-dave wrote:
silvers wrote:We certainly need something to change..

See, you're falling for the media spin, Corbyn did NOT support the IRA, he called for talk rather than killing!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

media spin ????????????

Hmmm........

In that case I'm sure we'll have an explanation in due time..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-04-13, 1:21 am

I'm not sure about the Corbyn IRA thing and there are a number of concerns about Corbyn and his politics.

I would also put myself to the right of Corbyn, indeed mare center.

That said I support him and I have been forced their by the present far right government and its constant attacks on those at the bottom of the pile. The NHS, bombing of Syria, severe austerity and many other things upset and annoy me but its the us and them attitude and attacks I cant forgive.

The next election will be IMO between a Tory party led by either Osborne or Boris and a Labour party led by Corbyn, I know many want him out but I fell out of love with all politicians because of spin, smart suits and power at all costs, I dont want another Blair or Milliband.

I may not like or agree with everything Corbyn believes in but I am sure I know what he believes in, he is honest and up front.

So my vote is an easy one.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-04-13, 8:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-04-13, 8:35 am

As I definitely fit the bill as an old fart and usually vote labour I do think there is a problem with Corbyn.

In the early 70s there was a sit  in against my universities holdings in a firm that supported apartheid in South Africa. 
Michael Foot was supposed to speak at a labour party meeting....but instead came and spoke to those occupying the Admin block. He sat on the stairs in the foyer and engaged in a discussion for about an hour. He was absolutely brilliant and I became a big fan.

Forward on about 10 years and labour was slaughtered in the polls and Thatcher took centre stage for years. Unfortunately Corbyn has similar problems that the very erudite Foot had....
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-04-13, 8:57 am

sunderpitt wrote:As I definitely fit the bill as an old fart and usually vote labour I do think there is a problem with Corbyn.

In the early 70s there was a sit  in against my universities holdings in a firm that supported apartheid in South Africa. 
Michael Foot was supposed to speak at a labour party meeting....but instead came and spoke to those occupying the Admin block. He sat on the stairs in the foyer and engaged in a discussion for about an hour. He was absolutely brilliant and I became a big fan.

Forward on about 10 years and labour was slaughtered in the polls and Thatcher took centre stage for years. Unfortunately Corbyn has similar problems that the very erudite Foot had....
A view held by many Sunders but, IMO, times have changed and that election and the rise of the Thatcher government played a big part in it.

I think we can safely say those at the bottom will vote Labour and those at the top Conservative.

The million dollar question is that big group in the middle?

I think many may not like the present government but are doing OK, nice house, steady job, some spare cash.
Its how they feel about the NHS, sleaze, austerity.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-04-13, 9:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:As I definitely fit the bill as an old fart and usually vote labour I do think there is a problem with Corbyn.

A view held by many Sunders but, IMO, times have changed and that election and the rise of the Thatcher government played a big part in it.

I think we can safely say those at the bottom will vote Labour and those at the top Conservative.

The million dollar question is that big group in the middle?

I think many may not like the present government but are doing OK, nice house, steady job, some spare cash.
Its how they feel about the NHS, sleaze, austerity.

The latest bit of sleaze to come from the tories is about why the proposals of the Leveson cttee have not been carried out, i.e. some sort of independent watch dog...it appears the tory minister in charge of this had a prostitute as a girlfriend but the papers did not print it as long as he did not implement Levenson
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-04-15, 12:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum