SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 7:12 am by cretanmakem

» I had a dream
Today at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Déjà vu
Yesterday at 9:29 pm by Nostalgic

» Welcome to Norwich!
Yesterday at 8:06 pm by Silvers

» 4.50 Saturday and then
Yesterday at 5:11 pm by sunderpitt

» Grayson out
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Learning from the best

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learning from the best

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-03-28, 7:33 am

The recent sad death of Johann Cryuff got me to thinking about football connections and how some people learn things and want to carry them on. Cruyff was managed by Rinus Michels, an old fashioned disciplinarian, both at cub and international level. and through Michel's commitment to total football Ajax won three European Cup's, and Holland reached the 1974 WC final with him in charge, all the time playing with a style that no-one could copy or match. He was also in charge when Holland won the 1988 Euros.

He went to Barca and took Cruyff with him and improved them tremendously, but his methods and teachings were passed on through Cruyff when he took over at Barcelona and a young Pep Guardiola was one of his regulars. Guardiola took over at youth level and nurtured the Barcelona players into the team that has dominated over the past 10 years and the Spanish won their only WC with a high contingent of Barca players.

Michels-Cruyff-Guardiola connection created a footballing dynasty albeit with different clubs and nations, but what shines through is that they are similar characters with a love of football and how it should be played. I,m just glad I was around to experience and see it.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Learning from the best

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-03-28, 10:49 am

Nostalgic wrote:The recent sad death of Johann Cryuff got me to thinking about football connections and how some people learn things and want to carry them on. Cruyff was managed by Rinus Michels, an old fashioned disciplinarian, both at cub and international level. and through Michel's commitment to total football Ajax won three European Cup's, and Holland reached the 1974 WC final with him in charge, all the time playing with a style that no-one could copy or match. He was also in charge when Holland won the 1988 Euros.

He went to Barca and took Cruyff with him and improved them tremendously, but his methods and teachings were passed on through Cruyff when he took over at Barcelona and a young Pep Guardiola was one of his regulars. Guardiola took over at youth level and nurtured the Barcelona players into the team that has dominated over the past 10 years and the Spanish won their only WC with a high contingent of Barca players.

Michels-Cruyff-Guardiola connection created a footballing dynasty albeit with different clubs and nations, but what shines through is that they are similar characters with a love of football and how it should be played. I,m just glad I was around to experience and see it.
Excellent rumination for a football free Easter Monday  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-03-28, 12:49 pm

Nostalgic wrote:The recent sad death of Johann Cryuff got me to thinking about football connections and how some people learn things and want to carry them on. Cruyff was managed by Rinus Michels, an old fashioned disciplinarian, both at cub and international level. and through Michel's commitment to total football Ajax won three European Cup's, and Holland reached the 1974 WC final with him in charge, all the time playing with a style that no-one could copy or match. He was also in charge when Holland won the 1988 Euros.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum