SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 6:17 pm by Vincemac

» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

I'm quite taken aback

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm quite taken aback

Post  vinkel on 2016-03-24, 6:05 pm

I have been looking into my family tree these past few months, and have found some interesting things. Looking into my fathers forefathers i have found my x9 great grandfather born in Edinburgh in 1600. There is some evidence that further back my family were big land owners and a Sir is a good possibility. But my biggest find is my grandfather was born in the USA. I have seen the passenger list of the ship my great grandparents sailed out on, and have seen the passenger list of the ship they came back to England on 3 years later, but this time with 2 sons. The first being my grandfather. I am quite sure my father never knew of this, if he did know he never mentioned it, remarkable.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm quite taken aback

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-03-24, 6:48 pm

I hope he was not called Trump

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-03-24, 8:10 pm

vinkel wrote:I have been looking into my family tree these past few months, and have found some interesting things. Looking into my fathers forefathers i have found my x9 great grandfather born in Edinburgh in 1600. There is some evidence that further back my family were big land owners and a Sir is a good possibility. But my biggest find is my grandfather was born in the USA. I have seen the passenger list of the ship my great grandparents sailed out on, and have seen the passenger list of the ship they came back to England on 3 years later, but this time with 2 sons. The first being my grandfather. I am quite sure my father never knew of this, if he did know he never mentioned it, remarkable.
Great find Vinkel and just a shame your Dad is not around to learn it. I have done a similar thing but found nothing particularly interesting except most of my forefathers ended up in the NE about the time of the industrial revolution and were miners. Came from Essex, Cornwall, the Borders and Ireland.

However my Uncle did tell me that my Irish Grandad and two of the eldest boys went to American coalfields in Pennsylvania early on in the last century but when Grandad came back for the rest of the family he had another son so that plan was abandoned and the two lads came home on their own, No way was Grandma moving and that was that.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum