SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Wetherspoons and Macdonalds
The Roker Roar. EmptyYesterday at 9:53 pm by Steve30000

» Not what we need right now
The Roker Roar. EmptyYesterday at 4:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Hope is all we have
The Roker Roar. EmptyYesterday at 9:21 am by wanderer

» Expert panel to assess face mask use by public
The Roker Roar. Empty2020-04-03, 12:10 am by Steve30000

» Italy extends emergency measures nationwide
The Roker Roar. Empty2020-04-02, 8:11 pm by Nostalgic

» Vulnerabilities !
The Roker Roar. Empty2020-04-02, 1:00 pm by cyprussyd

» It would get my vote
The Roker Roar. Empty2020-04-02, 5:20 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Boris Johnson to send us letters
The Roker Roar. Empty2020-04-01, 11:45 am by Sid MCFC

» Think about this before you reply
The Roker Roar. Empty2020-04-01, 11:36 am by canary-dave

» Dave health update
The Roker Roar. Empty2020-04-01, 1:19 am by canary-dave

The Roker Roar.

Go down

The Roker Roar. Empty The Roker Roar.

Post  Guest on 2016-03-02, 9:16 am

When did The Roker Roar first start to fizzle out?
I do remember a few of the earlier games at the SOL when it was still alive, maybe not like it's heyday but still very much there in spirit.
Seems a distant memory nowadays. Our home fans look like they've been sedated.
This whole club needs a huge shake up. Money issues aside, maybe a successful season in The Championship will do it.
Regardless of Ellis Short getting his wedge from SKY/PL, from an entertainment and enjoyment point of view we simply can't carry on as we are.
It feels like everyone involved with the club from top to bottom, side to side, including the fans are just going through the motions.

Will The Roker Roar ever return, or have things moved on too far now?

EDIT:- I still think our away support is good enough and gets behind the team although the club doesn't help at times by taking the smaller allocation at even the slightest risk of being left with a ticket or two.

Back to top Go down

The Roker Roar. Empty Re: The Roker Roar.

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-03-02, 9:32 am

I never understand, maybe I'm just easily pleased but I still enjoy match days and find the atmosphere fine.

Mind I am a watcher rather than a shouter and tend to sit in my own little world during the game and enjoy concentrating on what is going on.

Last night was understandable and fine, I thought the fans got behind the team well. Yes when Palace scored then scored again it was quiet and I understand that.

The Roker Roar is gone, a mix of changing times and sitting IMO but one thing annoys the hell out of me, late comers.

Every game we have hoards of fans coming in after kick off, how on earth can they get behind the team when they are not in their seats?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-03-02, 9:47 am

cyprussyd wrote:I never understand, maybe I'm just easily pleased but I still enjoy match days and find the atmosphere fine.

Mind I am a watcher rather than a shouter and tend to sit in my own little world during the game and enjoy concentrating on what is going on.

Last night was understandable and fine, I thought the fans got behind the team well. Yes when Palace scored then scored again it was quiet and I understand that.

The Roker Roar is gone, a mix of changing times and sitting IMO but one thing annoys the hell out of me, late comers.

Every game we have hoards of fans coming in after kick off, how on earth can they get behind the team when they are not in their seats?
I was a late comer last night but i had trouble getting parked. Being in a van down a dark cramped back lane with torrential rain bouncing off the windscreen didn't help.
Then soaked getting to the ground!!

I agree partially about the seats being a factor in the Roker Roar's demise. That doesn't explain why it was still present in the early days of the SOL though, which i believe it was to a point. Maybe years of mediocrity has seen it off, but the seats haven't helped.
I don't think we're the only set of fans who've lost our edge but the fall from The Roker Roar is a big fall.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-03-02, 9:55 am

There will always be late comers for legitimate reasons but many simply see habitually lste

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-03-02, 10:01 am

I have given up going to games now. I still follow on radio or internet or TV but I just don't enjoy being at the match any more and cannot justify two of us doing a 120 mile round trip, with all the expense of tickets, fuel, tolls etc, and getting cold and often wet, to see minimal entertainment on the pitch. 

Combine that with my increasing annoyance at a sizeable number of 'supporters' who arrive late, many of them fired up with alcohol, always ready with foul abuse, who leave for more drink before half time then come back late again after half time and then leave early anyway, and who never think "I will just wait till the ball goes out of play before I disturb all these people"  Mad

Maybe if I lived closer I could still treat it as a day out, but from up here I would rather watch/listen from home and chat to anyone who is around on Sundermad. Being remote minimises the effect on my blood pressure of yet another poor game, and I usually have a good laugh with a few friends on Chatbox. 

Must be getting old I reckon!  Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-03-02, 12:08 pm

this tempus fugit thing doesn't get any easier ...

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-03-02, 1:35 pm

silvers wrote:this tempus fugit thing doesn't get any easier ...

Very Happy

It does get quicker though!  affraid

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-03-02, 3:12 pm

Very Happy

Nil desperandum

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-03-02, 3:27 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

Very Happy

Nil desperandum
But we scored two

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum