SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Relegation would be a good thing EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Relegation would be a good thing Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Relegation would be a good thing

Go down

Relegation would be a good thing Empty Relegation would be a good thing

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-02-24, 7:56 am

Yes some really do believe that but I am at a loss to see how.

WE CAN REBUILD
Well we would certainly nee to do that because every decent player would leave us so we would be back to cheering on the Buckley's and Bridcutt's, and that is a good thing you tell me.

WE WOULD SEE WINNING FOOTBALL
Well can we start by me asking,"How do you know that"?
There is a long list of clubs who thought that but didn't get to see it and even if we did see it would it really beat the feeling WE had at our last home game when we beat Man U?

WE WILL COME BACK STRONGER
Again how do you know that, will we not come back needing to recruit better players, players like Kone, Khazri, the ones we have now.

THE ONLY GOOD THING, IMO, IS STAYING UP!!!!!!

At long last we have a manager who knows what he is doing and is being allowed to do it.
At long last we have the foundations for a good team that will be further improved in the summer with better players joining rather than our good ones leaving.
I hear about these diving footballers but give me them every day rather than Graham, Bridcutt, Buckley and Gomez.

And we also have Sky/BT
- Under the current deal, 95 percent of the domestic TV income goes directly to the clubs. That would equate to £4.9bn spanning the 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons.
- That figure would see an average of £81m per season going directly to the clubs, with money from overseas TV rights and sponsorship to come on top of that.
For me any talk of the benefits of going down is admitting defeat and I wont be doing that, if the Championship was so good why do all the teams down there fight like hell to get out of it?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Relegation would be a good thing Empty Re: Relegation would be a good thing

Post  Guest on 2016-02-24, 8:14 am

Anybody who thinks relegation will be good in the long term is an idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-02-24, 10:08 am

Of course its better to be in the Premiership-BUT only if you are in the running to win something-Question-How many seasons have you really enjoyed watching Sunderland in the top flight--If you are honest, very few. Nearly all of my better years watching Sunderland have been when they were in the second tier. Even when in the third div with Marco Goalio it was good to watch the lads. If the present situation continues-Its not worth the entrance fee

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-02-24, 11:03 am

leothelion wrote:Of course its better to be in the Premiership-BUT only if you are in the running to win something-Question-How many seasons have you really enjoyed watching Sunderland in the top flight--If you are honest, very few. Nearly all of my better years watching Sunderland have been when they were in the second tier. Even when in the third div with Marco Goalio it was good to watch the lads. If the present situation continues-Its not worth the entrance fee
You ask for honest and I give you honest, 99% of the time I love going to games and would hate going down.
Yes I may well see us win more, however I wont be seeing the top players, wont be seeing us battling against top teams.

Going to a game is far more than just seeing Sunderland win for me.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-02-24, 11:11 am

My experience is the same.
Since 1957 perhaps over 50% of my time as a supporter has been spent in tier two (and one season n tier 3   -   making me appreciative of being in the premier league, but alas not a winning team in the premier league.

The main concern for me if relegated would be how would we finance our 'debt' which if I remember right is about £70m...
If relegated we could find SAFC in the same position as Bolton and Wolves..
So yes, relegation would be a short term disaster.

I'm sure we could get back up eventually. In the past it has usually I think taken 5 or 6 six years to get back ?

At moment it is 50/50 chance about staying up.We have not  been cast adrift.
Any defeats against Toon, West Brom or Norwich would be damaging to say the least.
Interesting weeks ahead.

But that's what binds us together.................  red and white blood..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-02-24, 11:38 am

Have to say the year we were relegated to the Third Division was far, far worse for supporters than anything we have watched in the Premier League. But the year we were IN the Third Division, it was brilliant watcing goal after goal go in! We were lucky really that we did manage to bounce back so quickly, as these days it is very, very difficult. Money is all in football in a modern world. It may not be pretty but it is a fact. Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum