SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Defoe unhappy
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!
Today at 10:29 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 4
Today at 4:28 am by canary-dave

» League Table Week 3
Today at 2:11 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 3
Today at 2:08 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Our future is rooted in our history
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 60
Yesterday at 9:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Jerry Lewis RIP
Yesterday at 8:09 pm by canary-dave

» Quiz 59
Yesterday at 6:31 pm by Vincemac

» Results - Midweek
Yesterday at 5:43 pm by gil t azell

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

My City

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My City

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-02-18, 7:11 am

Riverside renewal plans go on public display
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VISION: A visual impression of part of the proposed Milburngate House redevelopment in Durham.

Bruce Unwin, Chief Reporter (Durham) / Wednesday 17 February 2016 / News

A VISION for the proposed future look of a prominent stretch of riverside in Durham went on show to the public today (Wednesday February 17).
Visual impressions of the proposed Milburngate House regeneration, alongside the River Wear, were displayed with accompanying project information by the consortium behind the scheme, Carillion, Arlington Real Estate and Richardson Capital.
Weeks before the developers hope to submit a formal planning application to Durham County Council they gave the public a chance to run the rule over their ambitious plans to enhance a key 200-metre stretch of Framwelgate Waterside, from Milburngate Bridge to the Radisson Blu Hotel.

It will follow the already approved demolition of Milburngate House, the concrete 1960s-built home of National Savings and Investments department and the passport office.
The proposed scheme represents stage two of the major riverside regeneration, as work reaches a conclusion on the first phase, the Freeman’s Reach office development, on the former ice rink site on the opposite bank of the Wear.
National Savings staff have already re-located across the river, with the Passport Agency workforce to follow in coming weeks.

Arlington Real Estate managing director Allan Cook said it will result in the jobs of 1,200 people remaining in the city centre, relocating in new buildings covering 2.5 acres, while freeing up the 6.5-acre Milburngate House site for redevelopment.
He said the plans for Milburngate House site include a “high quality mix” of residential, retail, office and recreational facilities, including bars, restaurants and a ‘boutique’ cinema.
Today’s (Wednesday February 17) one-day display, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, was the second public consultation staged by the consortium, but also follows negotiations and pre-discussions with interested local bodies and residents’ groups.
“We’ve already had some constructive, positive feedback which has been an important part of the development of our ideas for Milburngate,” said Mr Cook.
He believes the exhibition has allowed local people to see how the consortium’s proposals have evolved, offering the chance to comment to help it deliver what he described as, “the North of England’s newest and most significant waterside regeneration project.”

Carillion development director Neil McMillan said: “We’re on track to turn our plans into reality, transforming the site into a mixed-use destination of regional significance.”

The proposals can also be viewed on the website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which went live from today (February 17).
Consortium members expect to submit a formal planning application for the Milburngate House site at some stage during March.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My City

Post  Mackemneil on 2016-02-18, 9:36 am

It will certainly be an improvement on the old building ....... Just love Durham, worked there from 75 to 85, met my wife there and had our first child there.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-02-18, 9:39 am

Mackemneil wrote:It will certainly be an improvement on the old building ....... Just love Durham, worked there from 75 to 85, met my wife there and had our first child there.
Yes Millburngate House was a product of the day but a monstrosity to most, doubt it will be missed

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2016-02-18, 12:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Riverside renewal plans go on public display
VISION: A visual impression of part of the proposed Milburngate House redevelopment in Durham.

Bruce Unwin, Chief Reporter (Durham) / Wednesday 17 February 2016 / News

A VISION for the proposed future look of a prominent stretch of riverside in Durham went on show to the public today (Wednesday February 17).
Visual impressions of the proposed Milburngate House regeneration, alongside the River Wear, were displayed with accompanying project information by the consortium behind the scheme, Carillion, Arlington Real Estate and Richardson Capital.
Weeks before the developers hope to submit a formal planning application to Durham County Council they gave the public a chance to run the rule over their ambitious plans to enhance a key 200-metre stretch of Framwelgate Waterside, from Milburngate Bridge to the Radisson Blu Hotel.

It will follow the already approved demolition of Milburngate House, the concrete 1960s-built home of National Savings and Investments department and the passport office.
The proposed scheme represents stage two of the major riverside regeneration, as work reaches a conclusion on the first phase, the Freeman’s Reach office development, on the former ice rink site on the opposite bank of the Wear.
National Savings staff have already re-located across the river, with the Passport Agency workforce to follow in coming weeks.

Arlington Real Estate managing director Allan Cook said it will result in the jobs of 1,200 people remaining in the city centre, relocating in new buildings covering 2.5 acres, while freeing up the 6.5-acre Milburngate House site for redevelopment.
He said the plans for Milburngate House site include a “high quality mix” of residential, retail, office and recreational facilities, including bars, restaurants and a ‘boutique’ cinema.
Today’s (Wednesday February 17) one-day display, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, was the second public consultation staged by the consortium, but also follows negotiations and pre-discussions with interested local bodies and residents’ groups.
“We’ve already had some constructive, positive feedback which has been an important part of the development of our ideas for Milburngate,” said Mr Cook.
He believes the exhibition has allowed local people to see how the consortium’s proposals have evolved, offering the chance to comment to help it deliver what he described as, “the North of England’s newest and most significant waterside regeneration project.”

Carillion development director Neil McMillan said: “We’re on track to turn our plans into reality, transforming the site into a mixed-use destination of regional significance.”

The proposals can also be viewed on the website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which went live from today (February 17).
Consortium members expect to submit a formal planning application for the Milburngate House site at some stage during March.
My city spent my time at school there 
Spent my youth 
Worked there for 30 years 
Worked in segga for nearly twenty years
It's the greatest city in England.
I say so. likelikepinta
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2016-02-18, 3:17 pm

get a decent footie team in the city Syd and you wont have to commute on Saturdays  Wink

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2016-02-18, 3:58 pm

I have never quite bought the idea thar ugly concrete monstrosities were beautiful architecture. Even the South Bank compared to the Festival Hall next to is awful.

My own personal bugbear about Durham City is reserved for the planners who decided that the 690 bypass had to go through the centre of the old city. The clue is in the name 'bypass' it  should have up gone up by county hall. Destroying the old city has meant less tourists like happens at York.

Planners of the sic 690 bypass take a bow.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2016-02-18, 4:28 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I have never quite bought the idea thar ugly concrete monstrosities were beautiful architecture. Even the South Bank compared to the Festival Hall next to is awful.

My own personal bugbear about Durham City is reserved for the planners who decided that the 690 bypass had to go through the centre of the old city. The clue is in the name 'bypass' it  should have up gone up by county hall. Destroying the old city has meant less tourists like happens at York.

Your right.
I think it should of come up past frankland prison and joined on to pity me round like   about
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2016-02-19, 4:37 pm

Vincemac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I have never quite bought the idea thar ugly concrete monstrosities were beautiful architecture. Even the South Bank compared to the Festival Hall next to is awful.

Your right.
I think it should of come up past frankland prison and joined on to pity me round like    about
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum