SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Post  Argus on 2016-02-02, 11:00 am

silvers wrote:stability is what we crave of course.....  but it's certainly not boring being red and white..

Very Happy

You are quite correct Silvers, it's a long time since we had a season end that didn't include a fight, either against relegation or for promotion.

I've always contended that being a SAFC supporter always means no meaningless games in March/April, we guarantee tension to the very end!!

How would we cope with the luxury of knowing we were safe in February?

That must be so boring.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 15 Empty Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-02-02, 11:02 am

Argus wrote:
paddocklad wrote:after the last 3-4 years of failed promises by this chairman I have just about had my fill and I am totally fed up and couldn't care less anymore.

Just noticed on sky Stoke spending 18m on one player now that's ambition, you would have never thought a team like stoke would be above us but that just goes to show where this chairman has driven us

Of the teams in the current Premiership we are the 8th highest nett spenders over the past 5 years, so no-one can  accuse the chairman of not backing his managers during that period.

In my opinion our problems are due to poor purchasing policy as a direct result of failing to achieve any continuity with the managerial staff, which subsequently leads to a constant change of players.

Whether we like it or not, we are no longer a 'big' club and we must accept that teams like Stoke - who have finished above us for many years now - have overtaken us in the stability league.
Sadly all so true. Sigh .......  Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-02-02, 11:20 am

Hieronymus wrote:
Argus wrote:
paddocklad wrote:after the last 3-4 years of failed promises by this chairman I have just about had my fill and I am totally fed up and couldn't care less anymore.

Just noticed on sky Stoke spending 18m on one player now that's ambition, you would have never thought a team like stoke would be above us but that just goes to show where this chairman has driven us

Of the teams in the current Premiership we are the 8th highest nett spenders over the past 5 years, so no-one can  accuse the chairman of not backing his managers during that period.

In my opinion our problems are due to poor purchasing policy as a direct result of failing to achieve any continuity with the managerial staff, which subsequently leads to a constant change of players.

Whether we like it or not, we are no longer a 'big' club and we must accept that teams like Stoke - who have finished above us for many years now - have overtaken us in the stability league.
Sadly all so true. Sigh .......  Sad

i am no fan of ellis or the way he has ran this club and on this site i see it always coming up that we would be screwed without him, that he puts his hand in his pocket every year to save us and pays for most of his transfers from his own pocket.
in the last set of accounts released(to july 2014) it says that ellis took £28 million OUT of the club to repay himself in 2012/13 by way of the club taking out a loan(putting £15.5 million back in a year later as a loan to the club)and on top of that the club has a £39 million overdraft. we are paying 2 million a year in interest alone on these things so how are these things possible with our great benefactor?

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2016-02-02, 11:46 am

Vincemac wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:cant get my head around letting Fletcher go without getting someone else in!!!! Yes we have saved money but it would have been sense to keep him for the remainder of the season. We may have needed him. Bloody pathetic decision to loan him out. Please let me know the reason as i cant see a valid one.
It can only be to save wages he didn't start many games and we now have ndoye 
Or is there another reason
in our predicament mate i would have thought Fletch would have been better kept on, what would we have saved in wages and the benefit of another striker as backup is not worth the saving. I bet also we will be paying some of his wages as well!! Still see it as very daft business. Lets hope our strike force steer clear of injuries.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-02-02, 12:16 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:cant get my head around letting Fletcher go without getting someone else in!!!! Yes we have saved money but it would have been sense to keep him for the remainder of the season. We may have needed him. Bloody pathetic decision to loan him out. Please let me know the reason as i cant see a valid one.
in our predicament mate i would have thought Fletch would have been better kept on, what would we have saved in wages and the benefit of another striker as backup is not worth the saving. I bet also we will be paying some of his wages as well!! Still see it as very daft business. Lets hope our strike force steer clear of injuries.
I read 50%

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2016-02-02, 1:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
I read 50%
Lets hope our strike force steer clear of injuries.

I hope so
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-02-02, 4:17 pm

This window meets my approval, we will always want more in, and I admit that at present we need more in. It's risky getting rid of so many without replacement too. However, at the moment we are potentially better, that'll do for me. If it works and we stay up with reasonable comfort - which would be (at best) 14th or 15th & guaranteed safety before the last game, then I want buckets spent on the team at least 50m (inc a couple of youth). Or Short can walk...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-02-02, 6:16 pm

At least we signed 5 guys. Imagine how Villa fans feel. Bottom of the league at Xmas and NO signings. True our new players are signings are not going to set pulses racing when signed, I`d only heard of one (N`Doye). But anyone of them could make the difference for us.

But to have no one come in, must be heartbreaking.

KTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum