SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty The January Transfer Window-The final week.

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-24, 2:30 pm

Closes at 11pm GMT on Monday 1 February 

Will we sign anyone, well we are stuffed if we don't.

All the gossip, rumour, hopes and expectations as we count down to the window closing.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-24, 2:34 pm

Steven Fletcher is set to reject a mega-money switch to China and seal a move toCeltic, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.
Sunderland's striker has sizable offers on the table from the Far East but is shunning them to play for his boyhood favourites.
Fletcher is out-of-contract at the end of the current campaign and both Shanghai SIPG and Guangzhou R & F have enquired after the Wearsiders' hitman.
Both are prepared to offer wages above his £3m-a-year deal at the Stadium of Light.
But Celtic are offering an incentive-based contract after opening talks with his representatives.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 9 Empty Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Post  Guest on 2016-01-24, 2:49 pm

In the 2nd half (when we did play better...Mind we could not have been worse than the first half) another little moment summed us up as having no passion etc no closing or pressing etc. Was when a ball was played up to Defoe and he half took it on his chest and was surrounded by 3 cherries and not one Sunderland player was within 20 yards of him. Just a little illustration of the problems we have. Without an injection of class we are stuffed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-24, 4:43 pm

'fraid do...

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2016-01-24, 6:56 pm

Really worried about this week considering our past experiences, this maybe the one chance we have to save us as this team looks a hell of a lot poorer than the last two miracle teams, just think if we had signed evans and van dyke we would be no where near in as much trouble as we are as we have goals in us, creativity but no decent deffence
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-24, 7:16 pm

paddocklad wrote:Really worried about this week considering our past experiences, this maybe the one chance we have to save us as this team looks a hell of a lot poorer than the last two miracle teams, just think if we had signed evans and van dyke we would be no where near in as much trouble as we are as we have goals in us, creativity but no decent deffence

Yep...a point that I have made myself. Since when has Levy of the Spuds  sold a decent player cheap. As for Ralph a couple of half decent games conned Dick to buy him. Where the german fits into plans heaven knows...

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2016-01-24, 9:15 pm

Even Syd has taken off his speks. As we all know if we dont get two quality signings in this week its championship football next season for sure.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-25, 6:55 am

We enter the last 7 days and I'm sure that like me you have scoured the media for news, the silence is deafening and we don't even get into the rumour mill.

I'm sure that work is going on at the club but I wish they would get their fingers out.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-25, 7:22 am

Sunderland to hold midweek transfer window summit as they push for new signings

• 22:30, 24 JAN 2016

• BY STUART RAYNER

Sam Allardyce will sit down with his recruitment team in midweek to firm up their next transfer targets

2016 Getty Images[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sam Allardyce

Sam Allardyce will meet with Sunderland’s recruitment team early this week as they look to push through another couple of signings.
Even the manager’s favourite television programmes are on hold as he tries to further strengthen his squad ahead of the 11pm deadline on February 1.

Allardyce has already brought in three new players – Dame N’Doye, Jan Kirchhoff and Steve Harper – but the fact none featured in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Bournemouth showed there is still work to be done.
Goalkeeper Harper was not signed in time to feature, but with Vito Mannone and Jordan Pickford ahead of him, he has joined on a short-term deal as much for his experience as the insurance policy of his talent.
Kirchhoff did not make the bench after a terrible debut at White Hart Lane the previous week, and Duncan Watmore was preferred to on-loan N’Doye when Allardyce tried to push for a winner before settling for a draw.
Another striker - probably to go ahead of N’Doye in the pecking order – is on the shopping list, but the first 25 minutes in particular against Bournemouth exposed weaknesses throughout the team.
“I think everybody involved in recruitment at the minute is trying to look at as many players as they possibly can,” said Allardyce, one of those scouting on Sunday. “We have all games from across Europe on our database and we can call up any player in every game he has played this year and watch those games. Then we can send somebody out to watch them.
“They are specific targets for us and we are just trying to make a final judgement on them. When we’ve finished that we will be saying can we get that this one or that one?

“Me and the other scouts will be meeting up on Monday or Tuesday having been out in Europe on Sunday to nail the targets we need to get, and hopefully get one in.
“You’re never calm in the transfer window, it’s a horrid time of the year for everybody, but even worse when you are in the position we are in. We have to try and find better players who can help us in our fight to escape out of the bottom three.
“I can’t even watch my favourite TV programmes. No Eastenders, Coronation Street, no Emmerdale either. I’m not bothered about missing Hollyoaks.”
Allardyce has been given responsibility for transfers after the failed experiments with directors of football Lee Congerton and Roberto De Fanti.
Although N’Doye did not make his debut, having received international clearance to join from Trabzonspor, Allardyce stressed the Senegal striker is an important part of his plans.
“The only way I could have (introduced N’Doye from the bench) was to bring Jermain (Defoe) off and I didn’t want to do that,” he explained. “I couldn’t risk playing two up front because the midfield battle was three v three and it had to stay like that. If we had diluted ourselves in that area we might have given Bournemouth better opportunities to score and we couldn’t afford to lose the game. But he’ll play sooner rather than later, I think.”
Like N’Doye, Harper spent last season playing under Allardyce’s friend, former Sunderland manager Steve Bruce, at Hull City last season.
Some supporters object to Harper because he was a long-serving player at Newcastle United, but as Allardyce stressed, the deal makes perfect sense.
“There was never going to be a problem with Steve coming here” he said. “I’ve known him for a long time and spoke to Brucey about him. I think he had four clean sheets in the last nine games he played for Hull.”
While Allardyce continues to scour the market for signings, he will also ensure his players are well prepared for their next game, at home to Manchester City a week on Tuesday.
“Those who have been playing an awful lot over Christmas will have a couple of days off and then they’ll be in during the week,” he said. “The rest who haven’t played as much will have a behind-closed-doors game in the middle of the week for match practice and to get some match fitness into them. This period of time can be used very effectively for the players that are here.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 8:08 am

This seems to be saying we are only now starting to look seriously at new players now!!!! Also the two new recruits may only just about good enough for the bench

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2016-01-25, 8:26 am

that statement is a little bit scary and smacks of to late, are they scouring for quality or the cheapest available it also now appears that we might get one in ?????? Surely it must be blatantly abvious to Sam now that the squad has no quality and needs a lift, if we don't bring anyone in who can go straight into the team its championship for us as the lot we have now have only managed 19 points until now I cant see them getting another 20 by the end of the season, for me priority has to be in defence

Just when you thought this club could get any worse, players should already have been identified, scouted and negotiations started in my mind
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-25, 9:09 am

Yes I was shocked to hear of meetings and firming up. I had assumed targets had been identified and negotiations nearing completion

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 9:21 am

Hi somebody has just pinched the last straw I was hanging onto.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 9:24 am

cyprussyd wrote:Yes I was shocked to hear of meetings and firming up. I had assumed targets had been identified and negotiations nearing completion
Targets should have been identified and should be in the final stages of negotiations mate not sitting down a week before the window closes to see who we can get. 
To me at least this is yet another example of why we are perennial strugglers, why our transfer policy (if we have one that is) is a joke and as much use as tits on a fish. 
If it has taken Sam this long to identify our weaknesses then I would suggest another manager change is on the cards, as Sam isn't the good manager we thought.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 11:09 am

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 11:17 am

talcnturnip wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Yes I was shocked to hear of meetings and firming up. I had assumed targets had been identified and negotiations nearing completion
Targets should have been identified and should be in the final stages of negotiations mate not sitting down a week before the window closes to see who we can get. 
To me at least this is yet another example of why we are perennial strugglers, why our transfer policy (if we have one that is) is a joke and as much use as tits on a fish. 
If it has taken Sam this long to identify our weaknesses then I would suggest another manager change is on the cards, as Sam isn't the good manager we thought.

More likely that Sam is yet another manager badly let down by the club's backroom fiscal team...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 11:59 am

silvers wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:

More likely that Sam is yet another manager badly let down by the club's backroom fiscal team...

Most posters on her have spotted that not getting two good CBs in at the Summer, for instance Evans and van Dyke, was penny pinching and is now costing us dear, we have let in most goals in the league, no wonder we are facing relegation. Also it may be a reasonable bet that when the German arrived for peanuts that meant the Kone deal was off...stupidity on top of inanity. Just before the match on Saturday Bennet and Barnes nearly came top blows about Shorts penny pinching re FFP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-25, 12:07 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
silvers wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:

Most posters on her have spotted that not getting two good CBs in at the Summer, for instance Evans and van Dyke, was penny pinching and is now costing us dear, we have let in most goals in the league, no wonder we are facing relegation. Also it may be a reasonable bet that when the German arrived for peanuts that meant the Kone deal was off...stupidity on top of inanity. Just before the match on Saturday Bennet and Barnes nearly came top blows about Shorts penny pinching re FFP
When a player who we all know was signed as a back up for emergencies,  Wes Brown, is becoming our best CB we are doing something wrong.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 12:15 pm

Afobe strikes another blow for Football League graduates

Not content with looking thoroughly accomplished as he led Bournemouth’s attacking line in the 1-1 draw at Sunderland, Benik Afobe scored his second goal in three games since swapping Championship Wolves for the south coast. Afobe cost a club-record £9m but it will be money well spent if, as they should, Bournemouth stay in the Premier League. Which rather begs a couple of questions. Again, why wasn’t there more of a stampede for Charlie Austin’s services when he finally swapped QPR for Southampton? And why has no Premier League team tried to sign Ross McCormack from Fulham? Or Derby’s prolific Chris Martin? Or Blackburn’s Jordan Rhodes? McCormack has scored 17 goals in 31 appearances for the struggling Championship side this season and would surely represent less risk for clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle than importing a striker from abroad. As it stands, Aitor Karanka is desperate to buy McCormack and spearhead Middlesbrough’s promotion bid and good luck to him. The suspicion is McCormack could well be scoring freely in the Premier League for Boro next season while Sunderland/and or Newcastle languish in the Championship. Meanwhile Afobe is talking about his hopes of emulating Watford’s Odion Ighalo and Leicester’s Jamie Vardy in proving that strikers from the Football League really can terrorise top-tier defences. Do not bet against him continuing to do so. There is some real talent in the Championship and the suspicion is that foreign-centric Premier League scouting departments are, perhaps rather sniffily, overlooking it. Snobbery though should have no place in a supposed meritocracy. Louise Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2016-01-25, 1:02 pm

I have been saying this fir ages. Jordan Rhodes or Ross Mccormack could be next seasons Jamie vardy so should be looking at them to maybe save our season. Short sighted indeed and yes that Is a pun on our owners lack.of ambition.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 3:06 pm

Report: Sunderland hold talks with Lamine Gassama

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/25/report-sunderland-hold-talks-with-lamine-gassama/

Sunderland have held talks with Lorient defender Lamine Gassama, according to The Times.
It has been further reported by the British newspaper that the 26-year-old right-back will remain at Lorient and not move to Sunderland in the January transfer window.
“Lamine Gassama, the right back, is expected to stay at Lorient after talks with Sunderland,” states the report in The Times.

Gassama has been on the books of Lorient since 2012 and has a contract until the end of the season.
It means that if Sunderland are patient enough, then they would be able to sign the 26-year-old former Lyon man on a free transfer in the summer.
Of course, there is the risk that Gassama could sign a new deal with Lorient or be prised away by another club.

Gassama has made 19 appearances in Ligue 1 for Lorient so far this season, creating nine chances in the process.
The 26-year-old Senegal international right-back has a pass accuracy of 80%, and has won 11 headers, 27 dribbles and 31 tackles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 3:26 pm

Is this the same team we allegedly screwed over in the Kone fiasco? If yes then I can't see them being willing to deal with us again with any half decent player.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-25, 3:27 pm

my thought too...

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-25, 4:32 pm

I nave a feeling the real story in there is that we are struggling to getplayers to sign, the fear of the drop is the key factor.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2016-01-25, 7:16 pm

Between a rock and a hard place on signings because of our position and maybe a clause of relegation pay cut. Players aware of the huge money becoming available in the EPL at summer so can afford to hang on. We either fight with what we have or we bite that bullet and scrap all the other contracts that contain the relegation clause.

Having said that, La Ligue is not the best in the world and signings from there may not be up to a hard fight.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum