SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 Empty Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-21, 3:51 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Please tell me I am not the only one being obsessional checking various sites on the interweaving for transfers?
All day every day, I'm even hanging on to the more ridiculous gossip just to try and get some excitement but failing.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016. - Page 8 Empty Re: TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ON SunderMad--Open 1/02/2016.

Post  Vincemac on 2016-01-21, 4:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Please tell me I am not the only one being obsessional checking various sites on the interweaving for transfers?
All day every day, I'm even hanging on to the more ridiculous gossip just to try and get some excitement but failing.
I am checking every few hours on all sites
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-21, 6:42 pm

The story that wont go away.

6 mil plus Borini for Ayew

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-21, 6:55 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I am checking every few hours on all sites
You are not the only ones. I am getting so frustrated with lots of non-events or journo-trash. Seems the teams around us ar eable  to spend millions to bring reinforcements in but ES seems unwilling to speculate to get our share of those extra billions next  season.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-21, 8:59 pm

ALLARDYCE ON AYEW AND KONE
Sunderland have made one signing so far in the January transfer window - but manager Sam Allardyce wouldn't say whetherSwansea's Andre Ayew could be signing number two. 
Allardyce did however confirm their deal for Lamine Kone has broken down.
"I suppose in this window you have more disappointments than successes, so the most important thing is to try and move on and see if we can find the type of player that will make an impact.
On Ayew, Allardyce added: "I can't [updated you]. There is no deal at the moment. Me saying Ayew is definitely somebody I want means Swansea can say I've upset this player by saying I want him."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-22, 5:49 am

Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce has revealed he is looking for two outfield players and a goalkeeper, but refused to confirm whether he wants to sign Swansea striker Andre Ayew, 26. (Chronicle Live)

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-22, 6:00 am

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce has revealed he is looking for two outfield players and a goalkeeper, but refused to confirm whether he wants to sign Swansea striker Andre Ayew, 26. (Chronicle Live)
A Goalkeeper really? We just got rid of a decent one to do what get a half decent one?
The more I hear about our transfers the more depressed I get mate, think it was better when we heard nowt at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2016-01-22, 7:01 am

talcnturnip wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce has revealed he is looking for two outfield players and a goalkeeper, but refused to confirm whether he wants to sign Swansea striker Andre Ayew, 26. (Chronicle Live)
A Goalkeeper really? We just got rid of a decent one to do what get a half decent one?
The more I hear about our transfers the more depressed I get mate, think it was better when we heard nowt at all.

I would guess Pants went due to high wages!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-22, 7:05 am

canary-dave wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:

I would guess Pants went due to high wages!
With Pickford in the mix we need a goalkeeper prepared to fight for number 1 spot but willing to be on the bench or even out of the squad.
Add in wages and its no surprise to me that Pants left, a good bit of business by Sunderland IMO.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-22, 7:27 am

Chris Young

[email=chris.young@jpress.co.uk@youngsunecho][size=18][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] @youngsunecho[/email]

07:05Friday 22 January 2016[/size]

Sam Allardyce admits he had hoped that Sunderland’s business would be concluded by this stage of the January transfer window.

Sunderland have brought in two new players this month, with the arrival of Jan Kirchhoff and Dame N’Doye, yet Allardyce still wants to add a further three faces before the transfer deadline on Monday-week.

The Black Cats are expected to add a third-choice goalkeeper – likely to be an out-of-contract player – as back-up to Vito Mannone and Jordan Pickford next week, but it is another defender and forward which are proving to be more problematic.

Swansea’s Andre Ayew remains a player that Sunderland are eager to sign to address the attacking void, and the Black Cats are understood to be continuing their attempts to negotiate a deal for the Ghana international.

Ayew’s camp are thought to be open to a move to the Stadium of Light, even though Swansea have insisted that the 26-year-old is not for sale.

However, new Swansea boss Francesco Guidolin is understood to be a fan of Sunderland forward Fabio Borini, with the idea of a potential swap deal involving the Italian believed to have originated from the Welsh club.

As reported yesterday though, Borini, himself, expects to remain at Sunderland beyond the transfer window, with the ex-Liverpool man unaware of anything concrete behind the speculation.

Allardyce insists Sunderland are looking to do more incoming business though, even if it is taking longer than he originally expected.

He said: “We’ve been trying on several players for a long time.

“If everything had gone according to plan, we’d be finishing now.

“But everything hasn’t done and we’re not finished yet.

“In realistic terms, I haven’t done bad getting in two players as quick as I can. Normally, it’s the last four days of January.

“Then you’re running around like a lunatic trying to secure that last deal, which have gone from this money to this much money.

“Sometimes you have to take that chance and wait that long, but hopefully not.

“We’ve already got two in and we are obviously pushing for two more outfield players if we can.

“Now Costel (Pantilimon) has gone, I think I need to find a third goalkeeper as well, which I don’t think will be a problem.”

The departures of goalkeeper Pantilimon and striker Danny Graham have helped Allardyce’s bid to bring in fresh blood though, by freeing up funds on the club’s wage bill.

”Yes, getting rid of players helps with the wage scenario, because it’s restricted today,” added Allardyce.

“You just can’t spend as much on wages as you feel like any more.

“That makes it even more difficult, but that’s the rules, that’s what we have to manage.”

Read more: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sam-allardyce-had-hoped-for-more-transfer-progress-by-now-as-black-cats-maintain-hunt-for-andre-ayew-1-7689879#ixzz3xxKVpH75

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-22, 7:50 am

The import being....do not expect, hold your breathe, any expensive (quality) wages player to come in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-22, 9:11 am

Pants was on £35K a week lads hardly massive in football terms hardly massive for our team either.
I agree it could be he asked for a move not wanting to be number2/3 even but, which keepers will be happy with that? Is Steve Harper available? Or do we pay a player to sit on his arse for the next 3/4 years?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-22, 9:27 am

talcnturnip wrote:Pants was on £35K a week lads hardly massive in football terms hardly massive for our team either.
I agree it could be he asked for a move not wanting to be number2/3 even but, which keepers will be happy with that? Is Steve Harper available? Or do we pay a player to sit on his arse for the next 3/4 years?
Hopefully yes because it would mean Mannone and Pickford are injury free and doing well.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-22, 5:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Pants was on £35K a week lads hardly massive in football terms hardly massive for our team either.
Hopefully yes because it would mean Mannone and Pickford are injury free and doing well.
I think we will sign an older keeper, on either a 6 or 18 month contract.

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2016-01-22, 6:05 pm

jeff900se wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I think we will sign an older keeper, on either a 6 or 18 month contract.

Steve Harper is currently being touted around strongly so I think he would qualify as 'old' and 'cheap'.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-22, 6:09 pm

Apparently Sam is seething about our defence...We have let the most goals in of all other clubs, around 2 per game..until we start getting clean sheets we are stuffed..

No shit sherlock....obviously the answer to leaking goals is a cheap german who has hardly played...

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-22, 8:48 pm

Fabio Borini: Swansea City interested in Sunderland forward
By Dafydd PritchardBBC Wales Sport
Swansea City are interested in re-signing Sunderland's Fabio Borini - but the Swans insist Andre Ayew will not be moving in the opposite direction.
Sunderland have had a bid of £14m for Ayew, 26, rejected and they are thought to be considering Borini, 24, in any fresh offer.
But Swansea coach Alan Curtis says there is no chance of a swap deal.
"Fabio would be one of a number of players whose name has been mentioned," said Curtis.
"But the talk of Andre going there as some sort of part of the deal is wide of the mark.
"I spoke to the chairman [Huw Jenkins] just to clarify the situation and he assures me that there is no way that Andre will be allowed to leave during this window.
"On that basis, whether Fabio was part of a deal involving Andre I don't know, but certainly Andre is out of the deal."
Borini scored six goals in nine Championship appearances for Swansea during his loan spell from Chelsea in 2011, helping them win promotion to the Premier League.
The Italian has since played for Parma, Roma and Liverpool, leaving the Anfield club to join Sunderland permanently last summer.
Ghana captain Ayew joined Swansea on a free transfer in June 2015 after his contract at Marseille had expired.
He has scored seven goals in 22 appearances for the Swans, including a goal in the 4-2 loss to Sunderland at the Liberty Stadium earlier in January.

No bid for Rhodes

Only bottom side Aston Villa have scored fewer Premier League goals than Swansea this season and, with that in mind, Curtis has previously stated signing a striker is a priority for the Swans.
But asked about a potential bid for Blackburn forward Jordan Rhodes, Curtis said: "I don't think Jordan's name has been mentioned."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jordan Rhodes has scored 10 goals in 25 appearances for Blackburn in all competitions this season
Following Jonjo Shelvey's £12m move to Newcastle, Swansea are also thought to be looking for midfield recruits.
They enquired about the possibility of re-signing midfielder Joe Allen from Liverpool - but the Reds dismissed the approach.
"There was no concrete offer. I think we've sounded out the availability of so many players," added Curtis.
"Joe would be one of a number of names the club will have considered."

'Guidolin like Laudrup'

Curtis was in sole charge of the team on Monday as Swansea beat Watford 1-0, but the 61-year-old has handed over control to new head coach Francesco Guidolin.
The Italian watched the Swans' win against Watford from the Liberty Stadium directors' box and will take charge of his first game at Everton on Sunday.
"He's settling in OK. He addressed the players on Wednesday and spoke really warmly, really passionately about what he expects from the players and what he will give to them," said Curtis.
"It was really impressive, considering he's got a limited amount of English.
"I think he's very thoughtful - probably shades of [former Swansea manager] Michael Laudrup in many ways.
"He's quite reserved, he is very thoughtful and very measured in what he speaks but you feel there is a little bit of a fiery temper there as well."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-22, 9:16 pm

Good f*cking God Steve Harper have we really sunk that low? I'd rather we promoted one of our own or poached a decent young keeper from elsewhere but, not some pensioner who is more than happy to sit on the bench picking up however many thousands of pounds a week, have we learnt nothing?
Hate to say it but, I told you so sometime this morning ( cue smug grin) to be honest I was only joking Sam.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2016-01-23, 2:36 am

NEWS & GOSSIP
Jack Rodwell to La Liga giants is the craziest transfer of all time
Gary Neville must be running out of ideas.
We all know Valencia have not won a league game yet under him, but this surely isn’t the answer.
Reports in Spain say that Jack Rodwell is going to be their marquee signing.

The actual Jack Rodwell!

Read more:

• Why Jack Rodwell is putting his faith in chicken heads and honey to re-start career
  • Is Gary Neville about to get the sack at Valencia?
  • GNev rages after his appointment at Valencia is accused of being a PR stunt

He will have big shoes to fill in Spain as he would be brought in to replace Andre Gomes, who is being linked with a move to Man United.
And the worst bit about it is that Rodwell is set to cost €18million… that’s £13.5million!

Is this already the craziest transfer rumour of all time?

By GEORGE BOULTON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-23, 7:00 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NEWS & GOSSIP
Jack Rodwell to La Liga giants is the craziest transfer of all time
Gary Neville must be running out of ideas.
We all know Valencia have not won a league game yet under him, but this surely isn’t the answer.
Reports in Spain say that Jack Rodwell is going to be their marquee signing.

The actual Jack Rodwell!

Read more:

• Why Jack Rodwell is putting his faith in chicken heads and honey to re-start career
  • Is Gary Neville about to get the sack at Valencia?
  • GNev rages after his appointment at Valencia is accused of being a PR stunt

He will have big shoes to fill in Spain as he would be brought in to replace Andre Gomes, who is being linked with a move to Man United.
And the worst bit about it is that Rodwell is set to cost €18million… that’s £13.5million!

Is this already the craziest transfer rumour of all time?

By GEORGE BOULTON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
13.5 mil, I hope its true

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2016-01-23, 12:04 pm

£13.5 mil i will fly him over at cost to me. Bite their bloody hands off.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-23, 12:22 pm

Think it's Rodwells agent trying to up his price a bit!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-23, 12:53 pm

Not at the game today working at 3 so have put the Norwich game on and they have two new signings Naismith and Pinto who go straight into the team, no getting up to speed, no bedding in, no work permit problems just straight into the team. 
Why can't we do that? Why do all our signings need to bed in, or have permit problems? If Norwich can do it surely with our wealth of knowledge in the back rooms at the SOL we can do it, or is our transfer policy as stated on here by many a joke?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2016-01-23, 7:18 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Not at the game today working at 3 so have put the Norwich game on and they have two new signings Naismith and Pinto who go straight into the team, no getting up to speed, no bedding in, no work permit problems just straight into the team. 
Why can't we do that? Why do all our signings need to bed in, or have permit problems? If Norwich can do it surely with our wealth of knowledge in the back rooms at the SOL we can do it, or is our transfer policy as stated on here by many a joke?
But they still lost

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2016-01-24, 9:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Not at the game today working at 3 so have put the Norwich game on and they have two new signings Naismith and Pinto who go straight into the team, no getting up to speed, no bedding in, no work permit problems just straight into the team. 
But they still lost
But they are still 4 points above us and I know where I'd rather be. 
ps one of those new lads scored as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum