SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Favourites
Sir Jimmy EmptyYesterday at 6:38 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Retained List
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-16, 8:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Lee Cattermole
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-16, 9:30 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» I fell for that!
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-14, 10:37 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland Legends
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-14, 9:40 am by Hieronymus

» Molyneux gone
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-14, 9:33 am by Hieronymus

» what would you do?
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-14, 8:28 am by Kipper

» Killing the golden goose
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-12, 9:21 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Its happened
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-12, 8:56 am by cyprussyd

» Takeover
Sir Jimmy Empty2019-06-11, 8:51 am by Kipper

Sir Jimmy

Go down

Sir Jimmy Empty Sir Jimmy

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-23, 7:11 am

Did anyone watch Panorama last night, what a few weeks ago looked like a bit of nudge, nudge, wink, wink gossip is quickly becoming a massive pedo ring and BBC crisis.

The story itself makes grim reading with young kids being passed around like objects and used for satisfaction without a thought for them as human beings but its the story behind the story that concerns me.

The power that some people in our uneven and unfair society have, yes I know its always been there,police, politicians, judges and nobility have always had the ability to corrupt and abuse without any real check on them.

What is a concern in the Saville case is how a man with no obvious talent,skill or intellect could become so powerful and untouchable.

How he and the yet unnamed group around him could either hoodwink so many or worse and I fear more accurately could get so many seemingly good honest law abiding people to turn a blind eye, look the other way, choose to think it was all just malicious gossip.

I can only hope that has names come out, justice done and punishments handed out that lessons will be learned and no more blind eyes turned, a hope that may not come into reality.

When you or I, nobodies in the scheme of things, indeed plebs to many,when we speed a little, have to much to drink occasionally we are hit hard by the long arm of the law.

When the rich and powerful abuse kids at will, fiddle us out of our money with dodgy expense claims, well it would appear that long arm takes a lot longer to stretch out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sir Jimmy Empty Re: Sir Jimmy

Post  canary-dave on 2012-10-23, 7:29 am

Some excellent points well made there Syd, the only part I would question is, are these people that chose to turn a "blind eye" deserving of being called "good, honest, law-abiding people?" If in doubt over something as serious and life-changing (to the victims) as this, for God's sake don't turn a blind eye, get it out there in the public domain!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-10-23, 8:35 am

Many will do anything, including selling their sole, in the pursuit of fame & fortune.

I know a number in that industry who rather than take drugs & screw the Directors, missed out on promotions & raises. Trust me when I say MANY under 20's, both male & female allow mainly 40+ males to use them for sex in the TV & Advertising industry in the hope of one day having a more senior position & better wages.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-23, 10:44 am

canary-dave wrote:Some excellent points well made there Syd, the only part I would question is, are these people that chose to turn a "blind eye" deserving of being called "good, honest, law-abiding people?" If in doubt over something as serious and life-changing (to the victims) as this, for God's sake don't turn a blind eye, get it out there in the public domain!

that's why I used the word seemingly Dave.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2012-10-23, 10:48 am

Sorry Syd, I seemingly overlooked that!

Very Happy

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2012-10-23, 10:53 am

I watched Panorama last night and it was the most uncomfortable programme I can ever recall watching. The clips of Savile, Gary Glitter and Freddie Starr with so many young girls made me feel sick. It was so obvious HOW could no one have noticed and not done something about it at the time. Thankfully the sort of 'closeness' that Savile and his 'guests' got away with ON SCREEN, would never be allowed these days. So things have moved on a bit. I was glad that poor woman finally had her story told. I thought she was very brave and hopefully she can now begin to heal.

I am watching the George Entwhistle quizzing by MPs to see what he has to say about the Newsnight story being cancelled, and other questions about BBC culture. Savile was obviously protected by some people at the BBC, and I found it interesting that on more than one occasion in the programme they showed clips where he said something like 'If they try to bring me down I will take a lot of them with me' so he obviously had people in thrall.

But this type of culture existed everywhere in the 70's, 80's and 90's. I bet most women can tell stories of sexual innuendo and harassment, by men. I worked at a nationalised industry right through the 80's and at my first Christmas office party in 1981 (I was 25). I was warned by other women to head for the toilets before the Chairman came round for his annual 'meet and greet', due to his wandering hands. I took their advice and usually managed to make myself scarce or stay out of his way, but I noted none of the (entirely male at that time) bosses objected, but stood around and laughed at how hilarious it all was each time he grabbed some unwilling girl for his unwelcome attention! Hah bloody hah!

That's how easily these things get condoned and people become complicit. My story is not as serious as the Savile case, but it is an illustration of how a powerful man, gets away with abusing his position, while other only slightly less powerful men stand by, due to them either thinking it is just 'banter' or 'horseplay', or for fear of their own careers, or sheer weakness.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-23, 11:18 am

Some very good points Hieronymus, like you I am watching Sky News.

I am in no way condoning Savills behavour but you are spot on, it was a very different time we lived in, I still remember well things that today would be rightly scorned,

The little woman at home
A husbands right for sex on demand and woman being told, by their mothers, that this was a wife's duty.
Career woman must be lesbians to prefer working to home making.

This attitude to woman, the onset of the permissive society, it never did reach the colliery villages, sex drugs and rock and roll.

None of this excuses how Saville got away with it but it was a very different culture, an exciting time for me and many others but a frightening horrible time for many.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2012-10-23, 12:16 pm

H's post has reminded me, when I was at Hendon Met Police College in '67, the head of the college, one detective chief superintendent Tommy Wall came into one of our classes, went straight to one of the WPC's and fondled her breast! "What's this?" he asked.

"My left breast sir>" she replied.

"Of course it's not, you silly fecking cow, it's a sexual assault!" he said.

It made the point in a way that was never forgotten, and we didn't think too much about it, but now, I'm sure it would never happen!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-23, 12:36 pm

canary-dave wrote:H's post has reminded me, when I was at Hendon Met Police College in '67, the head of the college, one detective chief superintendent Tommy Wall came into one of our classes, went straight to one of the WPC's and fondled her breast! "What's this?" he asked.

"My left breast sir>" she replied.

"Of course it's not, you silly fecking cow, it's a sexual assault!" he said.

It made the point in a way that was never forgotten, and we didn't think too much about it, but now, I'm sure it would never happen!

well Dave, how many wrongs can he make in one action

fondle breast
calls her a cow
swears at her

if it did happen now I can see a big compo payout and job vacancy

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-10-23, 7:17 pm

What a crock of shite, a scapegoat, maybe he was a paedo but he;s deed, what about the rest of this so called ring?

Jimmy fiddled kids,, sad but true, but he;s dead, catch the rest of the feckers, and hang them.....(gan on then, defend these people ya soft cnuts who want to put the world to rights.)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-23, 8:45 pm

more water with it I think

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-25, 5:13 pm

This is turning into a major scandal and I think there will be quite a few looking for quick holiday bookings.

300 alleged incidents and growing
Doctors now being investigated
Arrests expected within days

What a shame he is dead,he would be popular inside and they would be lining up to fix it for him.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-10-25, 5:35 pm

Sir Jimmy 28905826

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content