SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Quiz 76
Yesterday at 11:23 pm by Hieronymus

» MAJA GOAL
Yesterday at 9:49 pm by gil t azell

» A heart warming win.. next target?
Yesterday at 7:43 pm by barrowmackem

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Yesterday at 7:33 pm by canary-dave

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 5:18 pm by gil t azell

» Thoroughly ashamed
Yesterday at 5:15 pm by gil t azell

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Yesterday at 2:07 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
2017-12-16, 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
2017-12-16, 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SunderMad Blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SunderMad Blog

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-13, 4:56 pm

SunderMad Blog
AGE-LIFE-PAST-PRESENT-FUTURE

I am about to enter my 67th year and its strange, its nothing like I imagined and certainly not how I had planned it.
My body constantly reminds me that I am getting older but my mind, well it seems to be totally unaware how, “Old People” are supposed to act and feel. I find myself looking at old people and thinking,”How sweet, poor old soul”, am I really one of those?

My past is littered with adventures, risks, excitement and mistakes but at the same time it’s been very conventional. Being raised my good parents with good traditional values it was sort of taken for granted, good job, meet a girl, marriage, children, mortgage, pension, retirement.
Well I started well with a good apprenticeship, met the girl, got married and took on a mortgage. Started a pension then we had a son, but there were problems.

·        I hated the job.
·        Met the girl to soon.
·        Got married to soon.
·        Pension and retirement seems a lifetime away, of course they were.

The one thing I got right was the son, nothing beats the feeling of being a parent.
What followed was a roller coaster of success and failure, very big up’s and very deep down’s. 2 divorces, changes in career and houses, well I have had a few.

For a while I thought it was just me, the failed marriages and up’s and downs but of course it wasn’t, there are loads of us. I look at others and can see the attraction of stability. I know many people still with their original partner. Many still in the same house, mortgage free, good pension and contentment. Then I watch and listen and indeed a few really are content but many still search for that missing ingredient, what is it?
They have money, material possessions, nice cars so what’s missing?

Well I guess the answer is different for us all, maybe it’s the constant search that keeps us all going!
I find the problems in my life tend to come with two arms, two legs and big mouths, they go by the name of Homosapians more commonly called people.
People fascinate me, most are nameless nobodies in our big world, people like me and you.
We will never make the news, are known in our community and family but in the big picture we mean very little. However what we do, how we live and importantly how we act affects many. It may not start wars or be life and death but it can affect happiness, peace of mind and even wellbeing.
I think it’s very easy to undervalue people, I think governments of all colours and countries undervalue people on a daily basis, but that’s a complete other story of its own.

One of the things that makes most of us very different to other animals and causes us most trouble, IMO, is something you can’t see or touch buts it’s something most of us have, a conscience.
It makes us obey laws and treat people fairly but it also can keep us awake at night,thinking of all those mistakes we made in our life’s journey.

One sobering fact of coming to my 67th year is the realisation that I have more life behind me than in front of me, not morbid just fact.

There comes a realisation that you can only apologies for past mistakes for so long and you can hopefully learn from them.

There comes a time when the here, now and tomorrow are what’s important.
Peace of mind and contentment would appear to come with putting the past to bed and living, with a clear conscience for now and however many tomorrows are left.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SunderMad Blog

Post  Vincemac on 2015-10-13, 5:10 pm

cyprussyd wrote:SunderMad Blog
AGE-LIFE-PAST-PRESENT-FUTURE

I am about to enter my 67th year and its strange, its nothing like I imagined and certainly not how I had planned it.
My body constantly reminds me that I am getting older but my mind, well it seems to be totally unaware how, “Old People” are supposed to act and feel. I find myself looking at old people and thinking,”How sweet, poor old soul”, am I really one of those?

My past is littered with adventures, risks, excitement and mistakes but at the same time it’s been very conventional. Being raised my good parents with good traditional values it was sort of taken for granted, good job, meet a girl, marriage, children, mortgage, pension, retirement.
Well I started well with a good apprenticeship, met the girl, got married and took on a mortgage. Started a pension then we had a son, but there were problems.

·        I hated the job.
·        Met the girl to soon.
·        Got married to soon.
·        Pension and retirement seems a lifetime away, of course they were.

The one thing I got right was the son, nothing beats the feeling of being a parent.
What followed was a roller coaster of success and failure, very big up’s and very deep down’s. 2 divorces, changes in career and houses, well I have had a few.

For a while I thought it was just me, the failed marriages and up’s and downs but of course it wasn’t, there are loads of us. I look at others and can see the attraction of stability. I know many people still with their original partner. Many still in the same house, mortgage free, good pension and contentment. Then I watch and listen and indeed a few really are content but many still search for that missing ingredient, what is it?
They have money, material possessions, nice cars so what’s missing?

Well I guess the answer is different for us all, maybe it’s the constant search that keeps us all going!
I find the problems in my life tend to come with two arms, two legs and big mouths, they go by the name of Homosapians more commonly called people.
People fascinate me, most are nameless nobodies in our big world, people like me and you.
We will never make the news, are known in our community and family but in the big picture we mean very little. However what we do, how we live and importantly how we act affects many. It may not start wars or be life and death but it can affect happiness, peace of mind and even wellbeing.
I think it’s very easy to undervalue people, I think governments of all colours and countries undervalue people on a daily basis, but that’s a complete other story of its own.

One of the things that makes most of us very different to other animals and causes us most trouble, IMO, is something you can’t see or touch buts it’s something most of us have, a conscience.
It makes us obey laws and treat people fairly but it also can keep us awake at night,thinking of all those mistakes we made in our life’s journey.

One sobering fact of coming to my 67th year is the realisation that I have more life behind me than in front of me, not morbid just fact.

There comes a realisation that you can only apologies for past mistakes for so long and you can hopefully learn from them.

There comes a time when the here, now and tomorrow are what’s important.
Peace of mind and contentment would appear to come with putting the past to bed and living, with a clear conscience for now and however many tomorrows are left.
Please don't get me on about pensions mate
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-10-16, 10:49 pm

Hate to tell you Syd but if you are 67 tomorrow you are entering your 68th year! Sorry Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum