SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 Empty Re: The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC

Post  Guest on 2015-10-21, 3:49 pm

Jermain Defoe has reminded Sunderland’s new manager Sam Allardyce he did not join the club to sit on the bench.
The 33-year-old striker was used as a second-half substitute in Allardyce’s first game in charge, Saturday’s 1-0 Premier League defeat at West Bromwich Albion, as Allardyce attempted to bring a greater defensive solidity to the team he inherited from his predecessor Dick Advocaat.
“Obviously, I can understand the manager coming in and saying he’s not too sure if he wants to play 4-4-2. He might want to be more solid in midfield so you don’t concede goals, so we’ll just see what happens,” Defoe said.

tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 Jermain-Defoe-009
Jermain Defoe advertises for 24/7 assistant to grow global brand … and stock fridge

Read more

“But at the age of 33, you want to play football. I didn’t come here to sit on the bench. You want to play football and score goals. I said that from day one.”
Defoe, who joined the club in a swap deal with the Toronto-bound Jozy Altidore in January on a contract worth £70,000 a week, insisted he would not be looking for an escape route in the coming transfer window.
“I don’t think like that, I don’t sit there and think: ‘Well, come January I’m going to go.’
“I’ve just got to focus on the games, stay positive and, if I play then, I’ve got to do my best, work hard and hopefully score.
“The manager knows. I’m 33, I want to play games. If you speak to any of the boys, everyone wants to play. Yeah, the manager picks the team – you’ve got to respect that – but at the same time, it doesn’t mean you have to be happy about it.”

Back to top Go down

tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 Empty Re: The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-22, 7:53 am

SAFCSA London Branch ‏[ltr]@SAFCSALondon[/ltr]  51 mins51 minutes ago
Join us at the Old Red Lion Theatre Bar in Angel this weekend, for (hopefully) 6 in a row. The Red Lion had been... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]fb.me/3gWKIPyuf 

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-22, 8:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-22, 10:59 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-10-22, 2:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You missed probably the best of them all in David Vaughan Syd oh and sess
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-22, 4:14 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
Didnt miss them only put the ones who will be here on Sunday

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-22, 5:36 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-10-22, 8:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Didnt miss them only put the ones who will be here on Sunday

so why is Colback on there? he will go missing Sunday ha ha
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2015-10-22, 8:37 pm

For my sins I watched their Norwich game all the way through, two teams who will be close to us all this season based on that performance. Keep Sissoko isolated or busy defending and they have nothing to scare us.

Dave, I was surprised with Ruddy's poor performance as I always had him down as a reliable hard to beat keeper. Must have been the pink outfit.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-23, 8:57 am

North, West, East, South lower and upper tiers all sold out

Around 150 seats left in Premier Concourse.

The place will be bouncing.

KTF & FTM
run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-23, 11:10 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-23, 2:35 pm

Can Sunderland put a smile on Allardyce’s face?

In a feature entitled Ten Things To Look Out For This Weekend it would be remiss of us not to mention the cloud of self-generated smugness that is likely to be seen hovering over Sam Allardyce’s head should his new team record their sixth consecutive win over Newcastle, one of several English football institutions against whom Sunderland’s new manager bears a grudge.
It is a cliche that form goes out the window in local derbies and it is one neutrals will be hoping is borne out considering how almost uniformly awful both these sides have been this season. If ever a local rivalry smacked of two pygmies arguing over which one is the tallest, the biannual Premier League set-to between Sunderland and Newcastle has been it in recent years. Considering the sense of almost total disfunction that seems prevalent at Sunderland – from the highest echelons of the boardroom down – it is quite astonishing that they go into this match looking to make it a straight half-dozen wins over their old foe.
With the hosts having had some time to get to grips with their new managerial regime, while Newcastle remain high on the hog following their extraordinary 6-2 win over Norwich last weekend, both sides and their fans can be expected to approach this game with something approaching confidence.
Following his unhappy spell at Newcastle, whose pay-off funded the purchase of a lavish Spanish holiday home that he subsequently named after their ground, a Mackem win could render Big Sam insufferable, while defeat for Newcastle will ensure any goodwill generated by Steve McClaren last Sunday will quickly evaporate. BG

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-23, 3:46 pm

Is Borini okay for this one heard he may be crocked?

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2015-10-23, 4:10 pm

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-23, 7:34 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Is Borini okay for this one heard he may be crocked?
Fitness test before game

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2015-10-23, 9:51 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Is Borini okay for this one heard he may be crocked?
Give him something to calm his excitement and he will be unstoppable for them.

Hope he is in as his speed and movement will be something they cannot handle leading to some interesting challenges in handy areas.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-10-23, 10:28 pm

Bad news I fear Shocked

Sunderland derby hero Fabio Borini a major doubt to face Newcastle

Fabio Borini

Chris Young

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16:16 Friday 23 October 2015

Fabio Borini will undergo a fitness test tomorrow, with the Italian rated a major doubt for the Wear-Tyne derby.

Borini picked up an ankle injury during last weekend's defeat at West Brom and has not been able to train properly all week.
The £10million summer signing is understood to be struggling to run without feeling pain in his ankle.
Sunderland will make a decision on Borini - who netted home and away against Newcastle during his season-long loan in 2013-14 - tomorrow to see if he has a chance of featuring against the Magpies on Sunday.
Manager Sam Allardyce said: "Fabio Borini picked up a knock against West Brom and hasn't trained with the team. He has a fitness test tomorrow."
However, Allardyce has confirmed that Ola Toivonen is available after the Swedish international missed the Baggies loss with a minor groin problem.
Jeremain Lens and Sebastian Coates are also back in contention after serving one-match suspensions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-24, 7:38 am

If Fabio is crocked we still have, IMO, a winning team

PANTILIMON
YEDLIN  OSHEA  KABOUL  JONES
CATTERMOLE  MVILLA
LARSSON  DEFOE  LENS
FLETCHER

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

tickets - The Derby Thread--SAFC v NUFC - Page 3 Empty ATTACK--ATTACK--ATTACK

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-24, 7:52 am

Sunderland v Newcastle: Sam Allardyce will go on the attack for derby win

Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce 17-10-2015. Picture by FRANK REID

06:00Saturday 24 October 2015

Sunderland will go on the front foot from the opening bell in tomorrow’s Wear-Tyne derby, with a more attacking hand at Sam Allardyce’s disposal.

New manager Allardyce opted to keep things tight for his first game in charge of Sunderland at West Brom last weekend, in a bid to halt the Black Cats’ defensive vulnerability which has been a prime reason behind their place at the bottom of the Premier League.

Sam Allardyce wrote:

We need to do more in possession to make life as difficult as possible for Newcastle to have any control

But Allardyce will be more adventurous for his opening home game tomorrow lunchtime, and has the options to do that, albeit derby hero Fabio Borini could miss out on the visit of the Magpies.

Borini was due to undergo a fitness test on an ankle injury today, which has ruled him out of training this week and prevented him running without pain.

However, Ola Toivonen and Jeremain Lens are available again after injury and suspension respectively, while Jermain Defoe – last season’s Wear-Tyne derby hero – is in Allardyce’s thoughts.

Allardyce told the Echo: “There’s options in terms of more flair players, better equipped to create a few more chances.

“If there was one thing which was disappointing at West Brom, we could have created an awful lot more with the amount of possession we had.

“I can’t argue with them (West Brom) having two shots on target, away from home. We want to have that solid base, and we showed a very solid base.

“But that won’t matter for the derby. Tactically, that’s not going to work.

“We’re going to have to show a different tactic tomorrow than the one we had at West Brom.

“We need to do more in possession to make life as difficult as possible for Newcastle to have any control.

“That’s very important, particularly in the early part of the game.”

Allardyce - who could also have Jack Rodwell available after a groin injury - believes the mental battle will be a key ingredient in the outcome of tomorrow’s game too.

Sunderland have handled the pressure of the derby cauldron in stunning fashion over the last two-and-a-half seasons after a record-equalling five successive wins over Newcastle.

And Allardyce wants the survivors of those victories - three of which, Seb Larsson, John O’Shea and Adam Johnson have featured in all five - to draw on those experiences to make it six-in-a-row.

“The players have to have it in their long-term memory to draw on it again,” added Allardyce.

“Recently, the club has not been in a great position in the Premier League, but still managed to pull off this victory.

“That goes with the old adage about it doesn’t matter what form you’re in, when it comes to a derby, form doesn’t matter.

“It’s about who does it on the day.

“Obviously, Sunderland have consistently been able to manage the occasion better than Newcastle and the results prove that.

“That’s what we have to do again.

“If we handle the occasion better than Newcastle, then we give ourselves a much better chance to win.

“And then of course, your skills come into play. If you create that chance, can you take it?

“If you can’t, it could be a heavy miss.

“Last year, it was one of the best pieces of skill and best goals seen not just in the derby, but in the Premier League, with Jermain Defoe’s goal.

“If we can see a bit of that, it would be wonderful!”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-24, 8:03 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-24, 8:20 am

1 more sleep

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-24, 1:16 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-24, 6:26 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-24, 6:33 pm

Should I take a chill pill with my beer and chicken tika...or keep calm and carry on?

NZ won the Arse are 2-1 uo and Chavski lost war can we glean from that.

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-10-24, 7:15 pm

Big Sam is a tactician and in my view two of their players can be targeted if you like for special attention (cough cough)
Mitrovic and Tiote, loose cannons so to speak and easily wound up. Wouldn't surprise me if one of them gets a red tomorrow.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum