SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
The Nolan Poll EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
The Nolan Poll EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
The Nolan Poll Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

The Nolan Poll

Go down

Nolan

The Nolan Poll Vote_lcap56%The Nolan Poll Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 9 ]
The Nolan Poll Vote_lcap44%The Nolan Poll Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 16

The Nolan Poll Empty The Nolan Poll

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-09, 3:41 pm

If Big Sam comes his first signing may well be Kevin Nolan,  would that be good or bad and why?

The bad is obvious. ?

NEWCASTLE CONNECTION
PAST HIS BEST
ATTITUDE

I would suggest the good is

Sams on field enforcer
Influential in the dressing room
Could help sort the problems we all hear about
Could still do a job for us

It would be a yes from me, I dont care about Newcastle past

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The Nolan Poll Empty Re: The Nolan Poll

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-10-09, 3:56 pm

no problem if Sam comes and signs him. Would be nice for him to do the chicken dance at the landfill.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-09, 9:46 pm

No
Way way way past his best.

Bad news if he were in our side.

Worse news if he wasn't our worst player.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2015-10-09, 10:01 pm

bb  Lee

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2015-10-09, 10:06 pm

A big fat NO from me. He's way past his best, Sam never played him much as he improved WHU and midfield isn't our priority for players.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2015-10-09, 10:15 pm

NO, passed his best as a player.

May be interesting to have him around the coaching set up and to weed out the 'problem core'. he always seems to be loyal to his current club and certainly a forceful character.

who will Sam bring with him as coaching team? hope he keeps Bracewell on board.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-10, 6:00 am

Think he scored more than our attackers last season but, still a no from me.

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2015-10-10, 9:26 am

NO NO NO......Couldn't care less if he played for the mags.....he's past his best and WON'T bring anything to/improve the team Mad
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-10, 4:32 pm

Kevin Nolan, the former Newcastle captain, is very likely to become a Sunderland player soon, according to some bookies.
The midfielder is 1/5 with BetVictor to make Sunderland his next club, where he would be reunited with the new manager Sam Allardyce.
ADVERTISING

Nolan, 33, famously scored a derby-day hat-trick for Newcastle against Sunderland, and played under Allardyce at Bolton for nearly a decade and also later at West Ham.
He is currently a free agent after leaving Upton Park by ‘mutual consent’ in August, and has trained with League Two side Leyton Orient to keep fit.
The fact he is a free agent means he would be able to sign for Sunderland even though the transfer window is shut.
The Scouser was linked with a move to Wearside last month, and the appointment of Allardyce now makes the likelihood even stronger.
It would be a logical move for the new manager to bring in one of his trusted lieutenants as he looks to steer Sunderland towards safety.
Allardyce’s first game in charge is away against West Brom next Saturday, followed by a high-stakes Wear-Tyne derby the following week at the Stadium of Light.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-10, 4:59 pm

Personally I would have preferred Moyes. However we have Fat Sam..okay I will give him my support....but if brings Nolan (followed no doubt by Mandy Caroline ) I will not be very happy. Yes I want to stay up but I will want fat sam to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-10, 5:14 pm

Going against the flow here, but he has been a top draw enforcer. Past his best at 33? Maybe, maybe not. But our midfield is still lacking (OK, not as much as our defense) and he is possibly another alternative for Sam.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-10, 5:19 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Personally I would have preferred Moyes. However we have Fat Sam..okay I will give him my support....but if brings Nolan (followed no doubt by Mandy Caroline ) I will not be very happy. Yes I want to stay up but I will want fat sam to leave.
Well Moyes didnt want it and there is no fat Sam, Big Sam maybe.

I'm delighted

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-10, 6:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Personally I would have preferred Moyes. However we have Fat Sam..okay I will give him my support....but if brings Nolan (followed no doubt by Mandy Caroline ) I will not be very happy. Yes I want to stay up but I will want fat sam to leave.

I'm delighted

My point is I will put up with FAT Sam but not if Nolan is rammed down our throat.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-10-11, 5:14 am

Kevin Nolan is ready to join Sunderland's fight against relegation.
The 33-year-old free agent wants to return to action following his release from West Ham and manager-elect Sam Allardyce views him as a key figure to lift his dressing room.
Nolan has turned down offers from Leyton Orient and Bolton as he waited to see Allardyce's next move.
He left West Ham as it became clear Slaven Bilic would only utilise him as a squad player and hopes to have an uplifting affect on Sunderland's misfiring squad.
Nolan has captained sides under Allardyce at Bolton, Newcastle and West Ham and those leadership qualities will be called upon again as Allardyce looks to rescue Sunderland from relegation.
Allardyce signed a two-year deal at the Stadium of Light on Friday, despite having vowed to take at least a year out from the game after being sacked by West Ham within hours of the Hammers' final game of last season.

I may well be alone in this but I think it would be a very good signing for leadership alone.

Either way I wont be doing the thing many do and just writing him off before he kicks a ball.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-10-11, 6:17 am

cyprussyd wrote:Kevin Nolan is ready to join Sunderland's fight against relegation.
The 33-year-old free agent wants to return to action following his release from West Ham and manager-elect Sam Allardyce views him as a key figure to lift his dressing room.
Nolan has turned down offers from Leyton Orient and Bolton as he waited to see Allardyce's next move.
He left West Ham as it became clear Slaven Bilic would only utilise him as a squad player and hopes to have an uplifting affect on Sunderland's misfiring squad.
Nolan has captained sides under Allardyce at Bolton, Newcastle and West Ham and those leadership qualities will be called upon again as Allardyce looks to rescue Sunderland from relegation.
Allardyce signed a two-year deal at the Stadium of Light on Friday, despite having vowed to take at least a year out from the game after being sacked by West Ham within hours of the Hammers' final game of last season.

I may well be alone in this but I think it would be a very good signing for leadership alone.

Either way I wont be doing the thing many do and just writing him off before he kicks a ball.

your not alone Syd, but he wont hit the ground running thats for sure, he must be way of the pace at the mo. Could be November before he is up to match fitness.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-10-11, 6:47 am

Not happy with Sam but he is here so gets my support . As for Nolan ,,,,, for me a big YES , might be a bit long in the tooth ( rich from us lot on here ) , but he knows how to get stuck in , can still get from box to box and can certainly stop those coming the other way ( will probably save Clatts a few red cards by getting em before he does ) and heaven help those other old pros who decide to down tools , so yup get him here sooner rather than later .

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2015-10-11, 7:13 am

Couldn't care less where hes come from if it helps get us out of trouble and sorts out the dressing room prima donnas he will do for me, the club is the most important thing not the individuals something the current squad have forgotten and if he brings back a bit of passion it will go a long way thumb
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2015-10-11, 7:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I'm delighted

My point is I will put up with FAT Sam but not if Nolan is rammed down our throat.
No need to worry as they'll sort him out for you Wink

Ps. At least the Boss will have the balls to ship the three of them out in January cheers

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum