SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Quiz 65
Today at 6:54 am by Nostalgic

» Labour Party Conference
Today at 4:19 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery Foundation
Today at 4:06 am by canary-dave

» Wow...just wow.
Today at 12:51 am by Roker roar

» The clever money...
Today at 12:37 am by Roker roar

» Report: Sunderland want to sign Brentford’s Ryan Woods in January
Today at 12:33 am by Roker roar

» Thank you Brighton
Today at 12:24 am by Roker roar

» Adam & Eve
Yesterday at 8:35 pm by silvers

» Ipswich Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 4:12 pm by cyprussyd

» A bullet dodged?
Yesterday at 3:02 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

Lever Malone, Nostalgic

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Euro 2016 Qualification

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Euro 2016 Qualification

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-10-08, 9:53 pm

Northern Ireland beat Greece 3-1 and QUALIFY!! Amazing considering they had serious injury problems tonight. Well done to them Very Happy

Fletcher scores a lovely goal, to put Scotland 2-1 up vs Poland but Poland score a scrappy fluke of a goal off the post in last seconds  to knock Scotland OUT!! Crying or Very sad

Shane Long scores a cracker for Republic of Ireland to BEAT GERMANY 1-0!! Very Happy  Germany missed so many chances against a rookie keeper with Shay Given going off injured in first half. JOS (and the whole team to be fair) played very well. Ireland have a PLAY OFF place guaranteed and will QUALIFY by right if they beat Poland next game.

So, with England through and Wales on verge of qualifying, we could have 3 of the home nations plus Republic of Ireland at the Euros next summer. There never were such times Very Happy Shame about Scotland, we could have had a full house  tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: Euro 2016 Qualification

Post  Nostalgic on 2015-10-09, 2:34 am

In those terms H, this a huge commendation for BRITISH footballers. They may have ordinary names, not as gifted as others, but can battle alongside their teammates to the end. Teamwork and harmony lifting them all.

I watch the Eire game and give all credit to MON who set the team up beautifully and played to their strenghts, two banks of four with two upfront foragers who eventually did the job. JOS was particularly impressive as you could see him holding the backline together and with the midfield four forcing the Germans down the wings or into shooting from distance.

There was certainly a little of the Irish luck, but by God they deserved it.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-10-09, 1:50 pm

Nostalgic wrote:In those terms H, this a huge commendation for BRITISH footballers. They may have ordinary names, not as gifted as others, but can battle alongside their teammates to the end. Teamwork and harmony lifting them all.

I watch the Eire game and give all credit to MON who set the team up beautifully and played to their strenghts, two banks of four with two upfront foragers who eventually did the job. JOS was particularly impressive as you could see him holding the backline together and with the midfield four forcing the Germans down the wings or into shooting from distance.

There was certainly a little of the Irish luck, but by God they deserved it.
Completely agree Nos, I too watched the Ireland game and they fully deserved their win, although I think the German finishing left a lot to be desired! I also agree JOS is a very good leader and marshalled his troops like General Montgomery at El Alamein. Very Happy

Off topic (a bit) I sometimes wonder if all the talk of a 'cabal' of senior players at SAFC is actually because they are the ones that actually CARE and they feel many of the more recent acquisitions are not up for a fight and mainly came for the money? I can honestly say whenever I see JOS, Brown, Cattermole, Larsson and Fletcher play they DO give 100% (only one I would say lets my theory down is Johnson who I have never felt gave enough). All of these have been essential in our great escapes in last 4 seasons anyway. None of them are the most technically gifted players so sometimes they have bad games of course, they are only human, but I do wonder if this is the root of the current travails at Sunderland. Maybe we should be looking at more homegrown and Irish players and less foreign journeymen and mercenaries? (NB: I count Larsson as home grown as he was at Arsenal from 16 years old)

Maybe Big Sam will come and sort it all out. I really hope so, because the players that played for their countries last night squeezed out every ounce of courage, ability and passion and those are the type of characters that we need at SAFC for yet another relgation dogfight. Sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum