SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Well done Martin Bain
Today at 2:22 pm by Kipper

» Should we keep him?
Today at 2:11 pm by Kipper

» Happy Birthday for Friday
Today at 11:55 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle go top, again
Today at 11:48 am by cyprussyd

» BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC
Today at 12:32 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 14
Yesterday at 8:28 pm by barrowmackem

» Is it back?
Yesterday at 7:39 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Managers PETER REID
Yesterday at 5:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore knacked
Yesterday at 2:50 pm by cyprussyd

» RIP David Cassidy
Yesterday at 1:39 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is not happy with his first choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is not happy with his first choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet

Post  Silvers on 2015-09-28, 12:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is not happy with his first choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet and is looking for replacement according to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Mignolet does not have enough time to save his Liverpool career according to the news and he must start performing to impress the Northern Irish boss.

Liverpool's infamous 'Transfer Committee' have already begun their the task of identifying suitable targets to add a greater degree of stability to the team.
Since moving to Anfield from Sunderland two years ago, the Belgian shot-stopper had a mixed spell in Liverpool shirt. 
His shot stopping has been always impressive, but his aerial ability has let the team down in many occasions and he is also not good in distributing the ball.
It is said that the club has lost faith in Mignolet after the errors that led the 27-year-old to be briefly dropped last December appear to have resurfaced in his game.
While he started the new season in what was thought to be in a better form, his error against Norwich cost Liverpool a vital goal last weekend. Liverpool was held at home by Norwich and had to be satisfied with only one point.
His dealing with crosses has not improved in two years and this concerns the manager. 

After the Norwich match, the Belgian said, "I came for the ball, it was a whipped in a cross, and I tried to get a fist to it. It's one of those that comes out, they picked up the second ball and scored from it."
Interestingly he added making such mistakes won't force him to change his style: "The next time a ball comes in like that I'll still come for it and try to get something on it."
That particular attitude has curried favour with Brendan Rodgers in the past. Speaking in April, the Liverpool boss commended Mignolet for his willingness to take an aggressive approach to situations.
"I'd always rather have a goalkeeper come out and make a mistake than not come out. A 'keeper that just stands on the line, I don't like," Rodgers said. "I like one who can be aggressive, come and command his box and punch the ball. Sometimes he'll make a mistake but I will take that."
However, this time it might be a stretch to justify the persistence of such errors.
Rodgers himself is also under threat after a string of poor results over the last few months. It remains to be seen exactly how the manager's future will affect those his players, but given the way the transfer system works at Anfield, it appears Mignolet could well be surplus to requirements come what may.
Liverpool have a decent backup goalkeeper in Hungarian international Adam Bogdan who had a brilliant Liverpool debut in League cup third round against Carlisle United after moving to Anfield from Bolton Wanderers as a free agent. The Hungarian saved three penalties to make his side progress to the next round and he could be replacing the number one goalkeeper of Liverpool if Mignolet dos not improve.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is not happy with his first choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet

Post  canary-dave on 2015-09-28, 12:28 pm

It's amazing how a sublime finish with the outside of his boot becomes a goalkeeping error, a similar finish from Rooney or Aquero would have the pundits wetting themselves, but we are only "little old Norwich!"  canary

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum