SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way"

Go down

Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" Empty Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way"

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-19, 7:10 am

But how long for, the nerves will be kicking in for many but I feel fine, maybe its other things on my mind today.

Last day at work for many before that long, long Saturday, Saturday is football day but this weekend its build up day for us. Derby day,for me,is about far more than the game, the build up itself is something I look forward to.That feel driving to the ground and living in a village that has a 50/50 split I see red and white and black and whit shirts heading to their pick up points.

I call in my local Coop to find, for two days each year, the staff in football shirts, most black and white but with one brave red and white, customers are also in shirts, buying their chocolate and drinks to take to the game.

For many who dont or cant go to the game I see them outside the club, again a mix of shirts,waiting for the doors to open to watch on big screen TV.

At the ground you can feel, taste the tension then our team arrives to cheers and shouts of encouragement, I think thats what you would term,"fecking thrash the bastards".

Then over the hill you see the flashing lights of a police car followed by a bus, its their bus and the atmosphere changes. It pulls up to jeers then one by one their manager and players hurry off accompanied by welcoming comments and chants of scum, scum, scum.

The final welcome before going into the stadium is for a long line of coaches, always led by yellow school, buses and containing strange looking creatures in black and white shirts.

The tend to hold p 5 fingers and bang on the windows,in return there are lots of 2 fingers and words of welcome.

Then its in and watch the stadium fill, the music cranks up, the teams come out to warm up and any player who is experiencing derby day for the first time gets a taste of whats to come, and this is just the warm up.

Derby day, to me, is a day like no other and on this one, at the end,I want to hear..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is our time

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" Empty Re: Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way"

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-10-19, 7:46 am

Well that's my nightshifts finished for the week, and I'm not due back to work until Monday afternoon. So for me, it is now the build up really begins..
Ha'way the lads!!!! alien

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way" Empty Re: Its Friday Morning and,"I'm on my way"

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-19, 8:02 am

Where am I goin'?
I don't know
Where am I headin'?
I ain't certain
All I know
Is I am on my way

When will I be there?
I don't know
When will I get there?
I ain't certain
All that I know
Is I am on my way

Gotta dream boy

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-10-19, 8:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-10-19, 8:14 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the words of old Roy,"Its good, but its not right".

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum