SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Sid MCFC an apology!
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:04 am by gil t azell

» Have i got my days mixed up
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland sue doctor for £13MILLION
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by fitz

» Geoffrey Boycott!
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by canary-dave

» Predictions week 07
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:49 am by oldblackcat

» Watmore
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 Empty2019-09-13, 9:12 pm by Nostalgic

» Yellowhammer
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 Empty2019-09-13, 12:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Rumours getting stronger
***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 Empty2019-09-13, 10:44 am by gil t azell

***Official summer window thread 2015***

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***Official summer window thread 2015***

Post  Guest on 2015-07-03, 12:45 pm

yes, more in the pot for our  next YOOJ  signing  ..

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***Official summer window thread 2015***

Post  Mackemneil on 2015-07-03, 10:25 pm

Mathews in, hopefully more by the end of the weekend:y1:
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-03, 10:28 pm

Adam Matthews signed at 8.30 tonight....pics to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2015-07-03, 10:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Black Cats sign Welsh international 

Published: 03 July, 2015
by Kate Smith

Defender Matthews seals SoL switch.
Sunderland AFC have completed the signing of defender Adam Matthews from Scottish champions Celtic FC, for a fee of £2 million.
The 23-year old full back arrives on Wearside after pencilling a four-year deal until 2019 at the Stadium of Light.
Speaking about Matthews’ arrival, head coach Dick Advocaat said: “We know that we need quality players to improve competition for places in the side, so Adam is a welcome addition to our squad and we are very pleased to welcome him to Sunderland.”
SAFC’s sporting director Lee Congerton added: “Adam is a player we have been tracking for some time. Even though he is only 23 years old, he has a wealth of experience, and I am sure he will continue to improve under the leadership of Dick Advocaat.”
Matthews began his career with Cardiff City, making over 40 appearances for the Welsh side between 2009 and 2011, before moving north of the border to Scottish giants Celtic FC.
During his time at Celtic Park, Matthews made more than 100 appearances for The Hoops, winning the Scottish Premier League title four times, as well as earning the first of his 12 caps for Wales.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-04, 12:04 am

Looks to be the right age for development... early twenties

So far, he has been a 20 games a season player...

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-04, 5:33 am

Happy to have him, most of Annette's family are Celtic season ticket holders and they speak very highly of him.
2 mil loan fee to get Jenkins on loan or 2 mil to get this lad on 4 year deal seems a no brainer.
Is he any good is like asking do we trust dick

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-04, 7:23 am

cyprussyd wrote:Happy to have him, most of Annette's family are Celtic season ticket holders and they speak very highly of him.
2 mil loan fee to get Jenkins on loan or 2 mil to get this lad on 4 year deal seems a no brainer.
He is a RB good that is cover..what about LB?

The Rev covered both positions...We still need a quality CB

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-04, 7:51 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Happy to have him, most of Annette's family are Celtic season ticket holders and they speak very highly of him.

He can play right or left, has electric pace and is an attacking player

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-04, 9:56 am

Know not about this lad but, seems the right sort of player and age wise spot on so not a bad start. For teams like us it's all about the resale value buy a 23/4 year old and you will get something back, buy a 30+ year old and you get nothing back. May seem a bit mercenary but, that's how we have to do it as the Academy is producing jack shit. 
Bit confused here did we get Jenkins from Arsenal on loan as well? If yes then that seems to be two very decent players in.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-04, 10:26 am

talcnturnip wrote:Know not about this lad but, seems the right sort of player and age wise spot on so not a bad start. For teams like us it's all about the resale value buy a 23/4 year old and you will get something back, buy a 30+ year old and you get nothing back. May seem a bit mercenary but, that's how we have to do it as the Academy is producing jack shit. 
Bit confused here did we get Jenkins from Arsenal on loan as well? If yes then that seems to be two very decent players in.
we agreed fee for Jenkins but he wants west ham

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2015-07-04, 11:05 am

Feedback from my Celtic supporting friends is that Matthews is a really good player.....I think we got him instead of Jenkins who seemed to be dithering on whether to sign for us or not tbh
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-04, 11:25 am

sunderpitt wrote:

I don't think he will be cover sunders

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-04, 12:59 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Know not about this lad but, seems the right sort of player and age wise spot on so not a bad start. For teams like us it's all about the resale value buy a 23/4 year old and you will get something back, buy a 30+ year old and you get nothing back. May seem a bit mercenary but, that's how we have to do it as the Academy is producing jack shit. 
Pity mate Jenkins is a decent player, no doubt the draw of Europa league and staying in London instead of possible relegation scrap and the frozen North swung it for him.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-04, 2:54 pm

talcnturnip wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Pity mate Jenkins is a decent player, no doubt the draw of Europa league and staying in London instead of possible relegation scrap and the frozen North swung it for him.

Or maybe it's because he was there last season, or am I being too positive

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-04, 3:00 pm

Derby after Bridcutt

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-04, 3:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Derby after Bridcutt
I dont think we will barter too much over the fee.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-04, 3:35 pm

vinkel wrote:

2mil quoted

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-04, 8:54 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

2mil quoted
He goes and he will do well, PL was just too much of a step up for him unfortunately for us.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-05, 10:49 am

MAGPIES EYE DUTCH STAR
Steve McClaren is closing in on making Georginio Wijnaldum his first signing as Newcastle manager after the playing snubbed North East rivals Sunderland, according to the Sunday People.
Holland international midfielder Wijnaldum, who currently captainsPSV Eindhoven, would cost the Magpies around £15million.
McClaren is said to know all about the player following his time managing FC Twente in the Dutch Eredivisie.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-05, 11:58 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33388989

Hartson: Adam Matthews lured to Sunderland by first team football

Former Wales and Celtic striker John Hartson believes a desire for first team football is behind Adam Matthews' move to Sunderland.

Celtic agreed to sell the Welsh defender for £2m after signing fellow right-back Saidy Janko from Manchester Utd.

Adams, 23, signed a four-year deal with the Premier League Sunderland.

"It's a brave decision from [Matthews], but I'm sure it's all about getting regular football," said Hartson.

"I think if he's not promised that at Celtic and he's guaranteed to play more at Sunderland, then I can understand."

Matthews joined Celtic from Cardiff City in 2011 and made 148 appearances for the Glasgow club.

He played 42 times as Ronny Deila's side retained the Scottish Premiership title in 2014-15.

Matthews, who has 12 caps for his country, has also played on the right of midfield at times for Celtic.

Hartson, who played 146 times for the Parkhead side between 2001 and 2006, said: "It's never easy when you have to leave a big club, and they don't come much bigger than Celtic.

"It can be a wrench to leave because the adulation you receive everywhere you go in Glasgow.

"To play in front of those magnificent 60,000 fans every home game, the opportunity to play in Europe as well, Adam would have tasted that as well during his time at Celtic."

Hartson thinks international ambitions with Wales was also a factor for Matthews, who has not played for Chris Coleman's side since the 3-0 defeat against Serbia in September 2013.

"He's certainly got the talent, he's got the ability," said Hartson.

"It's easy me saying he's going to Sunderland for first team football, when he goes to Sunderland he's also going to have competition there to get into the first team and stay there.

"But certainly I think it's the fact he wants to play regularly and if you are playing regularly then of course that's going to help you at international level."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-05, 3:12 pm

cyprussyd wrote:MAGPIES EYE DUTCH STAR
Steve McClaren is closing in on making Georginio Wijnaldum his first signing as Newcastle manager after the playing snubbed North East rivals Sunderland, according to the Sunday People.
Holland international midfielder Wijnaldum, who currently captainsPSV Eindhoven, would cost the Magpies around £15million.
McClaren is said to know all about the player following his time managing FC Twente in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Well I never...a journo stirring...probably a skunk supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-07-05, 3:15 pm

talcnturnip wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

2mil quoted
He goes and he will do well, PL was just too much of a step up for him unfortunately for us.

I thought he was leaving anyway... to be Peter Dinkage's permanent understudy?

Back to top Go down

***Official summer window thread 2015*** - Page 2 Empty Congerton sets sights on winger signing

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-06, 7:02 am

Sunderland chief Lee Congerton sets sights on winger signing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stewart Downing

Ross Gregory

06:30[size=18]Monday 06 July 2015
[/size]

Sunderland are ready to go on the attack – by adding a couple of creative players to their ranks after bolstering their defence.

The Black Cats completed the signing of Celtic full-back Adam Matthews at the weekend, the Welshman becoming their second signing of the summer after Sebastian Coates joined last week.

The capture of the duo has strengthened Dick Advocaat’s rearguard, while Sunderland also remain in talks with Zenit St Petersburg over the transfer of Belgian centre-half Nicolas Lombaerts.

However, director of football Lee Congerton will also focus this week on adding to Advocaat’s attacking options, with a winger at the top of his priorities.

Sunderland retain a strong interest in Stewart Downing and will continue talks with West Ham United over the England star.

Downing remains their No 1 choice and the Black Cats are confident the Teessider wants a return to the North East.

But they have a number of other options should there be no movement on that front, including Dynamo Kiev forward Jeremain Lens.

Sunderland were linked again with Aidan McGeady over the weekend, but while they will keep an eye on his situation at Everton, the Irishman remains lower down on their list of priorities with Congerton chasing other targets first.

And there is no interest in QPR’s Junior Hoilett despite reports stating Sunderland had made a £2.5million bid for the 25-year-old who is set to leave Loftus Road.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-07-06, 7:49 am

There could be movement up front in the form of Steven Fletcher, who has been linked with a move to Celtic according to the Scottish Herald.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2015-07-06, 8:21 am

Dated 5th June Syd. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum