SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Week 08
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyToday at 3:14 pm by Kipper

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by barrowmackem

» Jack Ross
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyToday at 9:56 am by Kipper

» Has Donald been told to zip it
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions Week 11
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyYesterday at 9:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» FFP, FPP
Tunisia, hits home to me EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by Kipper

» RESULTS OF WEEK 5 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 6
Tunisia, hits home to me Empty2019-09-18, 9:28 pm by Hieronymus

Tunisia, hits home to me

Go down

Tunisia, hits home to me Empty Tunisia, hits home to me

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-06-27, 1:27 pm

The atrocities carried out on that Hotel beach has hit home for me as my daughter stayed in that very hotel a few years ago. My wife asked me how about a hotel in Tunisia a few weeks ago (albeit not this hotel)  and i said bit to close to Libya for my liking, instead booked Madeira instead. Glad i did in a way but nowhere is safe is it.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Tunisia, hits home to me Empty Re: Tunisia, hits home to me

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-06-27, 1:32 pm

Yes I know that area well, many are saying it them hard, if only it was that easy, we are in a new battle

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-06-27, 2:03 pm

What is so frightening is the randomness. That could have been any one of the hotels along that beach, and it was just the victims bad luck that this maniac chose theirs. Although I would not be surprised if this one was targeted especially as it was popular wth Britons.

But these psychopaths want us all to feel afraid so the best and only weapon we as individuals have is to go about our daily business and not let them stop us from living our lives. They will not win in the end, but I do fear there is a lot more bloodshed to come as rational discourse will find it hard to prevail over the irrational and perverted beliefs held by a few fanatical murderers Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-06-27, 2:38 pm

I read more and more comments on social media about those nasty dangerous Muslims, understandable I guess but a dangerous trend that play's into the hands of ISIS. Radical action is needed but I'm not sure what.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2015-06-27, 4:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I read more and more comments on social media about those nasty dangerous Muslims, understandable I guess but a dangerous trend that play's into the hands of ISIS. Radical action is needed but I'm not sure what.
Found this interesting article in the Guardian that sums uo the problem well; the issue is not about religion, but decades and even hundreds of years of Western inteference in the Middle East that needs unravelling. Not easy, perhaps impossible, but until the West admits responsibility and collectively agrees to address the causes of disaffection these atrocities will continue to be perpetrated by young people who feel they have no other way to demonstarte their lack of connection, and who believe they have nowhere else to turn.

It’s not the religion that creates terrorists, it’s the politics
Giles Fraser

The radicalisation hypothesis steers us away from the real causes of terrorism – and enables the west to maintain its denial about a role in helping create it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 British Islamic State fighters in Syria, August 2014. 'We buy into the radicalisation hypothesis because we want evil to be mysterious and other; something that has nothing to do with us.' Photograph: Tim Stewart News/Rex Saturday 27 June 2015 09.30 BST

The word “radical” has always been an overly capacious term, easily filled with whatever meaning the speaker wants to pour into it. There is the radical right, the radical left, even the radical centre, whatever that means. Traditionally associated with the 18th-century English struggle to extend the franchise and with the cause of freedom, it has been one of those words no modern politician can do without. Google any of the current crop of parliamentarians adding the words “radical vision” and see what I mean. They’re all at it, all claiming it. Unless, of course, you put the word Islamic first. And then it immediately becomes a bogey word.
“How do we stop young Muslims becoming radicalised?” is the question we now continually ask. But it’s a deeply misleading question because it points us in the wrong direction. Why? Because it contains a hidden assumption that it is radical ideas, specifically Islamic theological ideas, that are the root cause of turning a young lad from West Yorkshire into an Isis suicide bomber in Iraq. According to the radicalisation hypothesis, it’s conservative Islam and the dangerous ideas contained in the Qur’an that motivate murderous behaviour.
Earlier this year, Professor Arun Kundnani published a fascinating account of how the rhetoric of radicalisation has created “a decade lost”. In it, he summarises the flimsy empirical basis on which the connection between radical theology and terrorism has been built and the extent to which the burgeoning radicalisation industry, especially in academia, is linked by a revolving door to conservative political lobbyists keen to blame conservative Islam for terrorism.To me this is about as convincing as arguing that the murderous bits of the Bible were responsible for the brutality of the IRA. For many of the young people who have been persuaded to go off and fight in Syria and Iraq have hardly got past the first chapter of Islam for Dummies. They often know next to nothing about the Qur’an and are about as motivated by reading the few passages they have as the average republican terrorist was motivated by Saul’s genocidal destruction of the Amalekites in the first book of Samuel. Yes, the language of violent jihad may borrow its vocabulary from Islamic theology – it’s a useful marker of shared identity – but root motivation is as it always is: politics. The IRA weren’t Bible-believing Catholics, they were mostly staunch atheists. Catholicism was simply a marker of who counted as “one of us”. And the same is true of Islamic terrorism.

The reason this is important has nothing to do with exonerating religion. I don’t care about apologetics here. So let me acknowledge that both the Qur’an and the Bible have passages that are deeply immoral. But don’t get distracted by this. For this is not how or why people go to Iraq to become murderous criminals. They go – largely – because they believe their tribe is under attack, that Bashar al-Assad is dropping chlorine gas, that the west invaded Iraq, because of torture and Guantánamo Bay, and because they have a warped and misguided sense of adventure in responding to all this.
We buy into the radicalisation hypothesis because we want evil to be mysterious and other; something that has nothing to do with us. We want to tell ourselves that we are secular and enlightened and so have no part in all of this bloodshed. It’s what people commonly do with evil – we conceptualise it as being as far away from us as possible. But if Islamic terrorism is really all about politics, then we have to admit that the long history of disastrous western interventions in the Middle East is a part of the cause of the horror that continues to unfold. In other words, we have to face our responsibility.
But even more troubling than the evasion of responsibility that is built into the radicalisation hypothesis is the fact that it points us in the wrong direction when looking for how to prevent it. If you want to find a terrorist, look for people buying dodgy chemicals, not people saying their prayers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-06-27, 5:38 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I read more and more comments on social media about those nasty dangerous Muslims, understandable I guess but a dangerous trend that play's into the hands of ISIS. Radical action is needed but I'm not sure what.
Found this interesting article in the Guardian that sums uo the problem well; the issue is not about religion, but decades and even hundreds of years of Western inteference in the Middle East that needs unravelling. Not easy, perhaps impossible, but until the West admits responsibility and collectively agrees to address the causes of disaffection these atrocities will continue to be perpetrated by young people who feel they have no other way to demonstarte their lack of connection, and who believe they have nowhere else to turn.

It’s not the religion that creates terrorists, it’s the politics
Giles Fraser

The radicalisation hypothesis steers us away from the real causes of terrorism – and enables the west to maintain its denial about a role in helping create it

Tunisia, hits home to me British-Islamic-State-fig-003
 British Islamic State fighters in Syria, August 2014. 'We buy into the radicalisation hypothesis because we want evil to be mysterious and other; something that has nothing to do with us.' Photograph: Tim Stewart News/Rex Saturday 27 June 2015 09.30 BST

The word “radical” has always been an overly capacious term, easily filled with whatever meaning the speaker wants to pour into it. There is the radical right, the radical left, even the radical centre, whatever that means. Traditionally associated with the 18th-century English struggle to extend the franchise and with the cause of freedom, it has been one of those words no modern politician can do without. Google any of the current crop of parliamentarians adding the words “radical vision” and see what I mean. They’re all at it, all claiming it. Unless, of course, you put the word Islamic first. And then it immediately becomes a bogey word.
“How do we stop young Muslims becoming radicalised?” is the question we now continually ask. But it’s a deeply misleading question because it points us in the wrong direction. Why? Because it contains a hidden assumption that it is radical ideas, specifically Islamic theological ideas, that are the root cause of turning a young lad from West Yorkshire into an Isis suicide bomber in Iraq. According to the radicalisation hypothesis, it’s conservative Islam and the dangerous ideas contained in the Qur’an that motivate murderous behaviour.
Earlier this year, Professor Arun Kundnani published a fascinating account of how the rhetoric of radicalisation has created “a decade lost”. In it, he summarises the flimsy empirical basis on which the connection between radical theology and terrorism has been built and the extent to which the burgeoning radicalisation industry, especially in academia, is linked by a revolving door to conservative political lobbyists keen to blame conservative Islam for terrorism.To me this is about as convincing as arguing that the murderous bits of the Bible were responsible for the brutality of the IRA. For many of the young people who have been persuaded to go off and fight in Syria and Iraq have hardly got past the first chapter of Islam for Dummies. They often know next to nothing about the Qur’an and are about as motivated by reading the few passages they have as the average republican terrorist was motivated by Saul’s genocidal destruction of the Amalekites in the first book of Samuel. Yes, the language of violent jihad may borrow its vocabulary from Islamic theology – it’s a useful marker of shared identity – but root motivation is as it always is: politics. The IRA weren’t Bible-believing Catholics, they were mostly staunch atheists. Catholicism was simply a marker of who counted as “one of us”. And the same is true of Islamic terrorism.

The reason this is important has nothing to do with exonerating religion. I don’t care about apologetics here. So let me acknowledge that both the Qur’an and the Bible have passages that are deeply immoral. But don’t get distracted by this. For this is not how or why people go to Iraq to become murderous criminals. They go – largely – because they believe their tribe is under attack, that Bashar al-Assad is dropping chlorine gas, that the west invaded Iraq, because of torture and Guantánamo Bay, and because they have a warped and misguided sense of adventure in responding to all this.
We buy into the radicalisation hypothesis because we want evil to be mysterious and other; something that has nothing to do with us. We want to tell ourselves that we are secular and enlightened and so have no part in all of this bloodshed. It’s what people commonly do with evil – we conceptualise it as being as far away from us as possible. But if Islamic terrorism is really all about politics, then we have to admit that the long history of disastrous western interventions in the Middle East is a part of the cause of the horror that continues to unfold. In other words, we have to face our responsibility.
But even more troubling than the evasion of responsibility that is built into the radicalisation hypothesis is the fact that it points us in the wrong direction when looking for how to prevent it. If you want to find a terrorist, look for people buying dodgy chemicals, not people saying their prayers.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2015/jun/27/its-not-the-religion-that-creates-terrorists-its-the-politics
What a load of old hogwash.
This prick journo obviously never served there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-06-27, 5:51 pm

The extremist wish to bring the economy  (of Tunisia) to its knees, that will bring about poverty for ordinary folk, which in turn will bring about civil war...

Which is what ISIS want as they already have a war machine on the road...

Hard and sad  times ahead (for the WORLD !)

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-06-27, 6:30 pm

very worrying times silvers.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2015-06-27, 9:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yesterday an ISIS member stopped the car of a Christian couple.

ISIS member: Are you Muslim?
Christian man: Yes, I'm Muslim.
ISIS member: If you are a Muslim, then recite a verse of Quran.

Christian man recited a verse from the Bible.

ISIS member: Ok yallah go.

Later his wife tells him: "I cannot believe the risk you just took. 
Why did u tell him that we are Muslims? 
If he knew you were lying he would have killed both of us."

"Do not worry! If they knew the Quran they would not kill people" answered the Husband.
ISIS is not Islam, terrorism has no religion.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2015-06-27, 11:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Tunisia, hits home to me 11295533_10152925415721305_6117489889917482189_n
Yesterday an ISIS member stopped the car of a Christian couple.

ISIS member: Are you Muslim?
Christian man: Yes, I'm Muslim.
ISIS member: If you are a Muslim, then recite a verse of Quran.

Christian man recited a verse from the Bible.

ISIS member: Ok yallah go.

Later his wife tells him: "I cannot believe the risk you just took. 
Why did u tell him that we are Muslims? 
If he knew you were lying he would have killed both of us."

"Do not worry! If they knew the Quran they would not kill people" answered the Husband.
ISIS is not Islam, terrorism has no religion.
Like I say, complete horseshit.
You can ignore it all you like but it's crap.
You know f*ck all about it because you've never been part of it.
I've seen it first hand in Yugo & Ulster.
And Cyprus may I ad.
And that's what it was about.
Of course it was political as well but to dismiss religion is futile.
As you well know, I've took human life.
It's not easy but it becomes easier as you go on.
Hell, I even started to enjoy it - that's why I got out.

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2015-06-28, 11:13 am

evil is evil, these nutjobs are cowards the the highest order, if they have an agenda and they believe in what they are doing i can kinda understand it no matter how misguided it might be, but do your fighting against another human being with a gun and not target people who cant defend themselves. Lets face they would probably run a mile the cowards that they are.
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum